Does anyone knows that if any changes in echo technologist's salary after the current reduced payments by medicare?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

ZB Li in New York, New York

57 months ago

Hi, Everyone, does anyone knows that if there are any changes in echo technologist's salary after the current reduced payments by medicare?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

santos34 in Mobile, Alabama

57 months ago

I am contract ehco with ardms reg. 1992, b.s. biology 1986, icael accredited 2007 . I lost 38,000.00 in salary renegotiation 2010.. Thank you.

zbli in Forest Hills, New York

57 months ago

Thanks for your comment. Is the reduction in salary the same percentage of reduction in payment from medicare? Howevere, not all of the insurance will have the same amount of reduction?

57 months ago

Yes Because primarly we see medicare patients .. there are groups here in alabama already reducing saleries and some layoffs.. Its also effecting the hospitals.. raises have been taken along with hireing freeze. Also 401k no longer getting contributions .. But the hardest hit are the private practices .. But it is not just cardiology it is nearly healthsystem wide here ..A nursing home I was at today was laying off.. I guess the seniors are really getting hurt .. with the secondary doubling of premiums already and the 100.00 / month is social security taken.. .. The Congress and Senate and the Administration have robbed from our parents and grandparents... my personal redution was almost 40% in salary .. Doctors are trying to save their practice ..

chadnec in Conway, Arkansas

56 months ago

santos34, I'm glad you commented in Mobile. I am right outside of Little Rock, AR and was planning on moving to the Mobile area in a few months. I have a mobile ultrasound company and was going to try to find a job until I got my business up and running down there....unless I found a job where i can do echo's, carotids, and vascular dopplers. I was going to ask you if you know of any place hiring in the Mobile area for a multi-modality technician. If there are not any jobs available, I may have to look elsewhere. Thanks,
Chad

ssmith

56 months ago

santos34 in Mobile, Alabama said: Yes Because primarly we see medicare patients .. there are groups here in alabama already reducing saleries and some layoffs.. Its also effecting the hospitals.. raises have been taken along with hireing freeze. Also 401k no longer getting contributions .. But the hardest hit are the private practices .. But it is not just cardiology it is nearly healthsystem wide here ..A nursing home I was at today was laying off.. I guess the seniors are really getting hurt .. with the secondary doubling of premiums already and the 100.00 / month is social security taken.. .. The Congress and Senate and the Administration have robbed from our parents and grandparents... my personal redution was almost 40% in salary .. Doctors are trying to save their practice ..

Hi Santos,
I was just going through the posts and saw you were in the Mobile area. I moved to the area about 6 months ago. I haven't been able to find employment as an echo tech here. Is the area saturated with techs or do you think its just the economy? I have over 10 yrs experience and I am RDCS registered. Do you know anyone that may be hiring. Any insight would be extremely helpful. Thanks for your time.
Stacie

56 months ago

I know of no-one hiring at his time here in the Mobile / Baldwin county area .. Best bet would be to check with the hospitals in mobile .. cardiology offices are staffed and laying off /cutting hours and so on.. I wish I could be of more help..

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.