I JUST WANT A CHANCE!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

ap0834 in Atlanta, Georgia

25 months ago

Its been one year since I graduated from the echo tech program and am currently working on my registry. Ive been applying for prn entry level positions but not having any luck.I am continuing practicing my techinque through the help of my former classmates but not getting any real experience on patients outside of school where I can gain experience and learn different pathology studies that will help me land an opportunity once Im registered. These job openings out there want experience BUT NO ONE WANTS TO HIRE OR HELP THOSE WHO JUST WANT A CHANCE!!! Its a catch 22 and I feel stuck. Im a single parent and sacrificed to go back to school two years ago to better provide for me and my kids. I was so happy that I finished what I set out to do. MY reality is that Im still making the same amount of money before I started school and my conscious kills me daily.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

I_c_with_sound in Northern, New Jersey

25 months ago

I am currently doing an echo rotation now and hope to find work shortly after I finish my program and take the registry exams. What is the job market like in the Atlanta area? My husband and I are considering relocating to that area? Have you submitted your resume to any of you clinical rotations? Maybe they would be willing to hire you since you did your training there. Have you tried mobile companies? I hear sometimes they take recent graduates. It's worth a shot. the worse they could say in no. I am sure you are tired of hearing that at this point. I hope you find something quickly, but in the meantime don't get discouraged. Be proud of yourself and your accomplishments. I am not a single mother, but I have three children so I know what it takes to go to school and be successful at the same time. You didn't get through your program only to continue what you've been doing. Get that registry and don't give up. I am sure once you have your credentials things will turn around for you. Good luck and stay positive.

ap0834 in Atlanta, Georgia

25 months ago

Thank you replying back. The echo market is descent but competitive. Alot of prn positions at hospitals. Ill be taking registry this summer n build from there. Thnx 4 the encouragement. Best wishes to you and your family.

TE13 in Ranheim, Norway

25 months ago

I am a self-employed woman from Norway, and I'm looking for businesspartner's in the states, but I have no contacts over there. So I read different forums to find people who's looking for new opportunities. I don't know if it is timing in your life to check out something else than what you do now if the money were good? I don't know if you qualify either, but I'm very interested in getting in touch with positive people that are motivated for a change in their life, with leaderambitions and a friendly face! :)

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.