Medicare cutting Echo studies by 36%, thoughts on jobs ?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Barbara in Easton, Maryland

56 months ago

Since medicare will be cutting echo studies by 36% I was wondering what everyones thoughts are on this, ie..jobs...pay cuts..loss of employment ?

Oh, yes and the PET scans of the heart will be increased by 17%.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

shipley in Westminster, Maryland

56 months ago

Please name the source of your information.

56 months ago

My doc's have been talking about this for awhile now, but were not given the exact amount that medicare will be cutting it to. I read on "AuntMille" which is an ultrasound newsletter, the other day. I will get you the link. I was talking to my boss the other day, and what her thoughts were on the cutbacks of the payments on the Echo's. The funnny thing to me is that now PET scans of heart will be given 17% increase. Guess that will make the rad doctors happy as their reinberstment from medicare will be better.

PS: I know Auntmille sounds like a unique site, but I found it to be very informative.. I will be back with the name and hopefully the article I read the other week.

56 months ago

Barbara in Easton, Maryland said: Since medicare will be cutting echo studies by 36% I was wondering what everyones thoughts are on this, ie..jobs...pay cuts..loss of employment ?

HI,
It is auntminnie.com is the website and I am showing you that article as well. It was dated Nov 5th 2009.

CMS cuts SPECT MPI payments 36%, sets CCTA rates

56 months ago

The website is " auntminnie.com " Sorry, for my miswording.

56 months ago

Barbara in Easton, Maryland said: HI,
It is auntminnie.com is the website and I am showing you that article as well. It was dated Nov 5th 2009.

CMS cuts SPECT MPI payments 36%, sets CCTA rates

Here is another article that was dated 11/6/2009 that talks about the cutbacks in echo reinbersment in 2010.

This is from Auntminnie.com
SNM contests proposed CMS payment rules

Barbara in Cambridge, Maryland

56 months ago

Barbara in Easton, Maryland said: Since medicare will be cutting echo studies by 36% I was wondering what everyones thoughts are on this, ie..jobs...pay cuts..loss of employment ?

Here is another site from SDMS sonography sentinel that talks about the cuts being done not only for Echo but other modalites as well.

htt;://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/169420,php

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.