Registered Cardiac Sonographer by CCI

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 64)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

LovesEcho in Norcross, Georgia

59 months ago

pema Lhanang in Chicago, Illinois said: I am looking for an echo tech job in chicago,il. Recently passed my CCI registry exam and have 2 years externship experience. Please help me if anyone knows any vacancies out there.

Thanks
Pema Lhanang

Has anyone taken the CCI's ECHO portion lately? Care to comment. What did you think? I am due to take my mine soon. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JLC in Belleville, New Jersey

58 months ago

Sothea Nhem in Mundelein, Illinois said: I am due to take my CCI RCS exam in December. What materials did you use to study for your exam and how long did it take you to prepare for the exam. I am ARDMS registered in OB/GYN. I have some connections to jobs, if you are interested, email me at sotheanhem@sbcglobal.net.

Hi regarding to ur message ...study the Westley Todd CCI Book u can get it through your school for half the price or through amozon.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

raman in Palatine, Illinois

57 months ago

pema Lhanang in Chicago, Illinois said: I am looking for an echo tech job in chicago,il. Recently passed my CCI registry exam and have 2 years externship experience. Please help me if anyone knows any vacancies out there.

Thanks
Pema Lhanang

hi

i want to know that what material did u study for the registery exam(RCS)

thanks

Aliyah 604 in Hackensack, New Jersey

57 months ago

JLC in Belleville, New Jersey said: Hi regarding to ur message ...study the Westley Todd CCI Book u can get it through your school for half the price or through amozon.com

JLC would you be able to help me find an Echo position in north jersey?

Thanks

h010902 in Sheffield Lake, Ohio

55 months ago

I have passed the science exam for cci now i have to take the echo portion, is there a study guide like todd had for the science portion? i'll buy it if there is? anyone know a study guide to use...i can't seem to find one at all!!

JLC in Brooklyn, New York

55 months ago

h010902 in Sheffield Lake, Ohio said: I have passed the science exam for cci now i have to take the echo portion, is there a study guide like todd had for the science portion? i'll buy it if there is? anyone know a study guide to use...i can't seem to find one at all!!

Hi,

thats great you passed...Good Job....Can you tell me what I can expect?

Gema in Miami, Florida

55 months ago

Hi, Jim what school did you attend in Miami for your DCS program?

jim in Miami Beach, Florida

55 months ago

Gema in Miami, Florida said: Hi, Jim what school did you attend in Miami for your DCS program?

I went to Sanford Brown.

55 months ago

I went to Sanford Brown

Gema in Miami, Florida

55 months ago

I see... SB is accredited?? I am going to a school that isn't on the Caahep list but from speaking to my program director and I called CCI and ARDMS they said that I can take the physics part then the CCI Science exam and if I past both I will qualified for the CCI test to become RDCS. Once I do that I can also take the ARDMS for ECHO. Which test did you take first? My program is 22 months long and I do 900 Clinical HRS, I am getting my AA in science. By any chance do you know any hospital that will take in a student volunteer for the cardiologist or ECHO part of the hospital or clinic? Thanks!

55 months ago

Since your school is not accredited you must take the science exam but only for CCI. With the CCI There is only one exam which is part physics and echo. So Two exams for CCI if your program is not accredited,if the program is accredited only one exam. As for ARDMS if the program is not accredited you must wait a year after the graduation date,if you have a BA the waiting a year is waive. There are two exams for ARDMS, echo and physics and you can take them an any order you want. AS far as finding a hospital to volunteer in the echo lab,you have no shot!! its a legal issue with the hospital. In a cardiologist office, maybe if there not busy otherwise the techs will complain that your slowing them down. Good Luck

ECHOGUY in Royston, Georgia

55 months ago

h010902 in Sheffield Lake, Ohio said: I have passed the science exam for cci now i have to take the echo portion, is there a study guide like todd had for the science portion? i'll buy it if there is? anyone know a study guide to use...i can't seem to find one at all!!

I studied the Susan Dewitt Notebook for Echosonographers and did the webinmar from Gulf Coast echo for registry review.

tim in Cleveland, Ohio

55 months ago

Was the science exam for cci difficult nad what materials did you study from. I have west todd's review book. thanks

Rosie in Lynnwood, Washington

55 months ago

Is the book "Echocardiolgraphy" written by Feigenbaum the right one for the test of ECHO?

Jennifer Soltow in Rock Falls, Illinois

55 months ago

raman in Palatine, Illinois said: hi

i want to know that what material did u study for the registery exam(RCS)

thanks

Terry Reynolds has great books through Arizona Heart Institute.

liii in New Jersey

55 months ago

jim in Miami, Florida said: Hello,
I just took the ECHO exam by CCI and passed. You must read the "Echocardiography from a sonographer perspective" by Susan King Dewitt, there many great books in the market but this book covers all the subjects in a clear matter. while you are reading the book go on the web to esp-inc.com and buy the x-zone section on echo and answer the questions. when you do not understand a question looked up in the susan king book.This was my routine for 3 weeks and I score 806 out of 900 points, and you only need 650 to pass. The price for the book and the 15 days for the x-zone was $225. good luck. for sure you need to study for this test, its not a easy test.

I saw Susan's book seperated note book and workbook. I have finished study and want to find some test practice questions. there are 1025 questions in the workbook. Do you have any advice about workbook or you have other useful practice book.

Thank

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

The best practice question for the CCI or ARDMS echo test are in the X-zone/ esp-inc.com for 15 days at the cost of $99. Do not spend too much time memorizing question because you are not going to see them on the test CCI or ARDMS, if your lucky you might see 1 or 2 questions.But if you read susan's book you are ready to take the test. Good Luck

55 months ago

Rosie in Lynnwood, Washington said: Is the book "Echocardiolgraphy" written by Feigenbaum the right one for the test of ECHO?

the feigenbaum is a good book. But its too complex you need something that it is easy to understand the susan king dewitt is a better choice.

Gema in Miami, Florida

55 months ago

Jim- I spoke to the program director and I called ARDMS and CCI and they said that if I pass the physics/ CCI science/ and the CCI 2 test I would qualified for the ARDMS I think its general ultrasound that has to wait a 1yr. Where did you get your information from? how long it would take in a community college?

Shane Moore Echo/vasc in Atlanta, Georgia

55 months ago

I take the science for cci on monday, I have todds guide and its helping. I have a question though. I have worked in ekg for 2 years and then went to ultrasound school. Combined I have 3.5 years cardiac expierenece so once I pass the science, I can sit for the ARDCS right? nontheless that is what i have been told. thanks for the help.

cd503 in miami, Florida

55 months ago

To Jim: Congrats on passing the RCS!!!! Im on that mission as well. Im going to look into buying that book your recommended, if you still have your book would you be interested in selling it? If so plz let me know asap. Plz Email me: Carod86@hotmail.com

54 months ago

No I want to keep this book. But the good news is the it only cost $75.00 I posted the book at $115.00 but thats because I also got the workbook.Good luck with the test.If you read the book you will pass.

Jose

54 months ago

Shane Moore Echo/vasc in Atlanta, Georgia said: I take the science for cci on monday, I have todds guide and its helping. I have a question though. I have worked in ekg for 2 years and then went to ultrasound school. Combined I have 3.5 years cardiac expierenece so once I pass the science, I can sit for the ARDCS right? nontheless that is what i have been told. thanks for the help.

You do not need the Science exam for ARDMS only for the CCI

liii in New Jersey

54 months ago

jim in Miami Beach, Florida said: No I want to keep this book. But the good news is the it only cost $75.00 I posted the book at $115.00 but thats because I also got the workbook.Good luck with the test.If you read the book you will pass.

Jose

Jim,
Thanks for your kind help and nicely to answer everybody's questions. I bought Susan's notebook and workbook as you recommended. the Notebook is very helpful. It is very clear and not only for the test, but also it is a very helpful book for work. Same as you I bought it and will keep it for the use in my work later. How do you think workbook. Do you think it is too simple for the test. I am working on it but I feel that it is not enough for the test. How do you think?

Thanks for your help and your time.

54 months ago

liii,

The book is all you need for the test. If you can get the dvd from esp-inc.com, that would also help because there many question from images like spetral doppler,disease and others (can not recalled all).I think is best to spent the money the 1st time taking the test and be ready to pass on your 1st try, then to fail and have to wait 45days to re-take the test and then you will spent the money. As far as the workbook is good for the CME only because you can not check your answer to learn from it.

Jay in Plainfield, Illinois

54 months ago

Jim, to clarify, you took the RCS exam with CCI? I am due to take the exam in about a month...you recommend Dewitt's book?

lyndajo in Eros, Louisiana

54 months ago

jim in Miami, Florida said: Hello,
I just took the ECHO exam by CCI and passed. You must read the "Echocardiography from a sonographer perspective" by Susan King Dewitt, there many great books in the market but this book covers all the subjects in a clear matter. while you are reading the book go on the web to esp-inc.com and buy the x-zone section on echo and answer the questions. when you do not understand a question looked up in the susan king book.This was my routine for 3 weeks and I score 806 out of 900 points, and you only need 650 to pass. The price for the book and the 15 days for the x-zone was $225. good luck. for sure you need to study for this test, its not a easy test.

I can't find this book anywhere. Any ideas of where to buy one? Thanks so much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

JAY

THE SUSAN KING DEWITT BOOK IS VERY GOOD BUT YOU MUST READ OTHERS TO GET A GOOD BALANCE. BUT FOR SURE THIS BOOK WILL GET YOU AT 650 POINTS ON THE EXAM. YOU MIGHT WANT TO PURCHASE THE DVDS FROM ESP-INC.COM
GOOD LUCK

54 months ago

jim in Miami Beach, Florida said: JAY

THE SUSAN KING DEWITT BOOK IS VERY GOOD BUT YOU MUST READ OTHERS TO GET A GOOD BALANCE. BUT FOR SURE THIS BOOK WILL GET YOU AT 650 POINTS ON THE EXAM. YOU MIGHT WANT TO PURCHASE THE DVDS FROM ESP-INC.COM
GOOD LUCK

Thanks Jim and congrats on passing, I'm happy for you. Any recommendations to which other books I should use?

Thanks once again!

liii in New Jersey

54 months ago

jim in Miami Beach, Florida said: liii,

The book is all you need for the test. If you can get the dvd from esp-inc.com, that would also help because there many question from images like spetral doppler,disease and others (can not recalled all).I think is best to spent the money the 1st time taking the test and be ready to pass on your 1st try, then to fail and have to wait 45days to re-take the test and then you will spent the money. As far as the workbook is good for the CME only because you can not check your answer to learn from it.

Dear Jim,

Many thanks for your help. They are useful information. I took test and passed.

54 months ago

Liii,

Great job!! Good LUCK, Do you have a job?

Jose

liii in New Jersey

54 months ago

jim in Miami Beach, Florida said: Liii,

Great job!! Good LUCK, Do you have a job?

Jose

Jim,

Not, I switch from another field and will find, How about you

liii in New Jersey

54 months ago

I just bought Susan Devitt's workbook 2 weeks ago. It is new. Who wants the book,

Workbook Echocardiography from a sonographer's perspective (companion to the notebook, 6th Edition)

elexarr in Chicago, Illinois

54 months ago

Hello Liii,

Congrats! I would like the books. How much would you like for them?

liii in New Jersey

54 months ago

Dear Elexarr,

Please let me know your e-mail address. It was $35. up to you

gnommedeplume

54 months ago

Took my RCS exam this morning and passed. I have a wealth of study material available. Felt I needed it as I have not done clinical work in over 10 years and have been out of healthcare for about 5 yrs.

There is another forum where I posted a lot of the information regarding the exam. If there is anyone interested, let me know.

Oh, and if anyone knows of an opening for someone looking to get back into echo, I could use the hint....

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

liii in New Jersey said: Dear Elexarr,

Please let me know your e-mail address. It was $35. up to you

elexarr@yahoo.com. Thank-you so much!

54 months ago

gnommedeplume said: Took my RCS exam this morning and passed. I have a wealth of study material available. Felt I needed it as I have not done clinical work in over 10 years and have been out of healthcare for about 5 yrs.

There is another forum where I posted a lot of the information regarding the exam. If there is anyone interested, let me know.

Oh, and if anyone knows of an opening for someone looking to get back into echo, I could use the hint....

Thanks

Did I forget to add....

. * ~ ! ! !C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! ! ~ * .

Way to go!!! I hope to be where you are very soon!!!!! Did you have a specific study routine?

54 months ago

gnommedeplume said: Took my RCS exam this morning and passed. I have a wealth of study material available. Felt I needed it as I have not done clinical work in over 10 years and have been out of healthcare for about 5 yrs.

Thanks

Congrats on passing!

I am currently studying for the RCS exam and was were wondering what study material you felt was most adequate for the exam.

Where are you from? I do know some people in the field that may be able to guide you toward a job or point you in the right direction atleast.

Thanks again!

JLC in Toms River, New Jersey

54 months ago

I could actually use any extra material you have. I took my RCS test back in march and failed. I found that there were alot of questions on my test that were not in my Westley Todds Book. So i would appreciate it if you can direct me to find the right study materials.

Thank you

lynda in Houston, Texas

53 months ago

ECHOGUY in Royston, Georgia said: I studied the Susan Dewitt Notebook for Echosonographers and did the webinmar from Gulf Coast echo for registry review.

I HAVE LOOKED ALL OVER FOR THIS BOOK BY SUSAN DEWITT AND I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE. WHERE DID YOU GET YOURS?

liii in New Jersey

53 months ago

I did ordered the book a month ago and passed the test. I have both notbook and work books. Workbook is totally new and notebook I did highlight and notes. I think these notes can help you also.

If you want I would like sell my books to you. I paid $110 for free shipping. You can give me the offer if you want

Eduardo in Hoboken, New Jersey

53 months ago

liii in New Jersey said: I just bought Susan Devitt's workbook 2 weeks ago. It is new. Who wants the book,

Workbook Echocardiography from a sonographer's perspective (companion to the notebook, 6th Edition)

hi i would be happhy to buy the book from you i took CCi 3 times and i did fail i need to pass.
luis E.

liii in New Jersey

53 months ago

Eduardo in Hoboken, New Jersey said: hi i would be happhy to buy the book from you i took CCi 3 times and i did fail i need to pass.
luis E.

Please give me your e-mail. It is $110 original for both notebook and workbook. Workbook is pretty new and notebook I did some highline and note. It will help you too. I think it is good idea to have notebook and workbook together for your review, but if you just want workbook you are still welcome( $35 I spent). you can give me offer and I would send you a the answer sheet I made as your reference.

Jill Paterson in Homewood, Illinois

53 months ago

Hi I am planning on taking the registry in a couple months and I was wondering if anyone can tell me the best study material to buy? Basically what helps the most. Please if anyone as any insight let me know!!!

byroncindy in Mchenry, Illinois

53 months ago

Jill Paterson in Homewood, Illinois said: Hi I am planning on taking the registry in a couple months and I was wondering if anyone can tell me the best study material to buy? Basically what helps the most. Please if anyone as any insight let me know!!!

Jill,

I just passed the CCI, RCS exam (2nd try). I used the Todds Review, Dewitt Book and the Echo 500 cards. I using a variety of books helped me. If taking CCI know pharm. info for stress tests and math for PG amoung other items. Best of luck. Cindy

53 months ago

I passed the CCI RCS exam on second shot.

I used the Dewitt Book, Reynolds 500, Feigenbaum (to clarify the concepts in the the other material I used) and the DVDs from ESP.... (YOU MUST WATCH THE DVDs!!!)

I felt the second one was much harder.

Good luck

Jill Paterson in Homewood, Illinois

53 months ago

How much physics do I need to know?

byroncindy in Mchenry, Illinois

53 months ago

Both of my tests had a different amount of physics on them. But there is about 20%--if I remember know all the basic terms--cycle wavelength, pulse repition duration, duty factor, Doppler shift and how to do the math of all of them. My Edelsion (sp?) ESP course/book was the most helpful for this study. Also go to utube and there are some excellent ultrasound physics lectures.
Good Luck

53 months ago

Jill Paterson in Homewood, Illinois said: How much physics do I need to know?

I agree with byroncindy about the physics. If you know the basics inside out you will be set. I did not take the ESP course but did buy and learn the material on the DVDs. I can't stress the DVDs enough...they really helped for my exam and I would not have passed had I not watched them.

I used Dewitts book as my base and built upon the concepts in that. I also understood the concepts in Terry Reynolds 500 question/cards.

This exam is about knowing the basic concept, knowing the normal and then determining the abnormal.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.