St. Francis Cares Hoffman Institute of Cardiac Ultrasound

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

applicant in Glen Head, New York

67 months ago

This is a one year certificate program in Echocardiography. Has anyone attended this program? What questions should I ask about the program to evaluate it? It is accredited. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

applicant in Roslyn Heights, New York

67 months ago

Isn't there anyone who knows anything about this school?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Barbara in Easton, Maryland

67 months ago

Are the an accredited school? You need to go to CCI and ARDMS website and look up the schools that are accredited.

CCI and ARDMS are the two boards you will need to sit for and they require accredited school that you attend.

Take care and stay safe
Barbara

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

applicant in Roslyn Heights, New York

67 months ago

Thank you Barbara. It is CAAHEP accredited. Is that enough? Thanks.

67 months ago

Yes, that is what it needs to be :) good luck on your journey :)

mjgj in Easthampton, Massachusetts

63 months ago

I am also thinking about this one year program, but it is a huge time commitment as it is all "crammed"into one year. Looks tough. I wonder also what the job outlook is in the CT/MA area and what pay salaries are. Any info appreciated....

63 months ago

Is it an Accredited school? Chesck CCI and ARDMS websites for the schools they approve.

The school I went to was 13 months(non accredited, Johns Hopkins) their general ultrasound is accredited, but thier Echo program was not.

Yes it dose give you allot of info in one year. Do not feel you will be an Echo tech till you have been in the field for at least two years as you have alot of learning in the school and working as an Echo tech. I have heard that from other echo techs that it really took them about two years to start feeling like they knew thier stuff. So don't beat yourself up,if you think it is to much. It takes time, it is an art and a craft two parts I look at it, you need the art/craft in your pictures you take then the academics basic as you will need to explain to patients and staff then the tough part knowing your academics as the doctors expect you to know your stuff from an academic stand point.

I don't know what your job outlook is in your area, as I am in Maryland.

Good luck :) I love what I do, been in Cadiology since 1982. I really believe to be an echo tech you really need to love what you do.

Vanessa in Waterbury, Connecticut

62 months ago

applicant in Glen Head, New York said: This is a one year certificate program in Echocardiography. Has anyone attended this program? What questions should I ask about the program to evaluate it? It is accredited. Thank you.

I am in this school currently and am finishing up to geaduate in September. I love this program and honestly think that it is wonderful. It is intensive, but well worth the hard work as your scanning abilities far surpass any other new grad as well as many working sonographers.

I feel that this program has fully prepard me for working, and our instructors is always there for anything we need, as are many of the cardiologists.

You really cannot work during the program, I work part time as a dental hygienist, we do have one nurse who works full time, anything is possible if you want it bad enough, I would suggest working the least amount possible.

This program is hospital based and you will not see patients in a private office setting, but this is good because if you can scan the difficult patients, then you can scan anyone.

If you have any questions you can always call the number for Richard Palma, the program director and he will answer any of your questions.

Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

mjgj in Easthampton, Massachusetts

62 months ago

Are there many jobs in your area? I live in MA and considering this program but dont think there are many jobs here. I know general sonograohy is pretty saturated- only part time and per diem work was available I was told by someone who works in the field. What do u think about opportunities in echo? Thanks!

SP13 in Valley Cottage, New York

18 months ago

How competitive is this program to get into? It has the requirements listed, and I have all of them but other than that- how large are the class sizes and how many applicants generally?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.