Tips for echo technician interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming echo technician interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

Robert Metzger in Chicago, Illinois

91 months ago

Get plenty of sleep. Dress conservative. Be chereful and energetic. Visit the company's web site so you can ask them informed questions.
Rarely do you get asked a technical question.
Usually it's describe your work day, how do you prioritize, what text books you own, How did you learn echo, what are your accomplishments. And the cliche, what are your strengths and weaknesses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Danka in Clearwater, Florida

91 months ago

I am not an Echo Technician yet, but I will become one soon.
I would be happy to see what other people think.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Michel in Glen Head, New York

90 months ago

I'm a recent echo tech graduate, I'm a littlr bit worried, beacause most places are asking for the ardms, and I dont even qualify to take yet. Is it easy to get a job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Echotechjobs, Sybil Malkin in Bridgeport, Connecticut

81 months ago

Michel in Glen Head, New York said: I'm a recent echo tech graduate, I'm a littlr bit worried, beacause most places are asking for the ardms, and I dont even qualify to take yet. Is it easy to get a job?

Are you still looking for a job? Need a raise? Tired of being trapped in an office all day? Would you enjoy the freedom and flexibility of traveling around between offices?

A mobile imaging company is looking for new members for our team in Westchester, NY and Connecticut. Experienced cardiac and vascular sonographers are needed for full and part-time positions. Must be independent, friendly and professional. We offer top pay to qualified candidates. Please reply with your resume and/or any inquiries to echotechjobs@gmail.com.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Sybil Sandin
Manager

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

duweand in Hempstead, New York

80 months ago

Michel in Glen Head, New York said: I'm a recent echo tech graduate, I'm a littlr bit worried, beacause most places are asking for the ardms, and I dont even qualify to take yet. Is it easy to get a job?
mike i will be honest with u it is extremely difficult to get a echo tech job.i graduated from a 2 year unaccreditted program with a 3.7 average in jan 2007 despite sending what i think is an impressive resume out i have only been able to procure a per diem echo tech job 2 hours away from my home and maybe work 3 days a month if im lucky it took 8 months just to find that the ardms is a big deal in the field right now new grads graduating who dont qualify to sit for ardms are at a great disadvantage your best hope may be to get with a mobile company this way u can get the experience to sit for the registry
dont give up i have not best of luck to you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

apurks in Los Angeles, California

78 months ago

Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming echo technician interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

We have $55K+ full benefits opportunities in VA, MD, NC, OH, WA, CA, ATL, OKC, New Orleans, and Houston for qualified technicians. My e-mail is apurks@icardio.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ICM in Chesapeake, Virginia

73 months ago

apurks in Los Angeles, California said: We have $55K+ full benefits opportunities in VA, MD, NC, OH, WA, CA, ATL, OKC, New Orleans, and Houston for qualified technicians. My e-mail is apurks@icardio.net

I will be graduating 12/2008 from an accredited 18-month CVT school for echo and will take the CCI exam before I graduate. I'm looking for a temporary/contract job in cleveland,oh for a few months (husband will be there for a few months) and then returning to Virginia. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pema Lhanang in Chicago, Illinois

63 months ago

Recently I passed the CCI Echo registry exam and now I am actively looking for an echo tech job. I have 2 years externship clinical experience. I am really good at detecting pathologies and good scanning skill. please let me know if anyone knows an openings in chicago area. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kate in Brooklyn, New York

59 months ago

Is it okay to not wear a suit on an Echo interview and what is considered appropriate to wear.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

stacy2hot in Springfield Gardens, New York

55 months ago

hi i will be graduating at the end of June i am looking for a echo or vascular tech job. i would prefer NYC because that is where i live, but Connecticut, pa, mass anywhere else i would relocate. if anyone knows somewhere please email me at stacy2hot@yahoo.com. it will be appreciated.

jack in Toronto, Ontario

45 months ago

Tell me about Echo interview
Do they ask to perform scanning?
what kind of question do they ask?
help me ....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lulu in Chicago, Illinois

40 months ago

pema Lhanang in Chicago, Illinois said: Recently I passed the CCI Echo registry exam and now I am aictively looking for an echo tech job. I have 2 years externship clinical experience. I am really good at detecting pathologies and good scanning skill. please let me know if anyone knows an openings in chicago area. Thanks

im having a hard time passing the test. and advise or books to get to help?

Kyle in Houston, Texas

40 months ago

lulu in Chicago, Illinois said: im having a hard time passing the test. and advise or books to get to help?

The Wes Todd is good for the physics and the Feigenbaum is good for the echo part it worked for me!! Good Luck

Katie in Houston, Texas

38 months ago

Kyle in Houston, Texas said: The Wes Todd is good for the physics and the Feigenbaum is good for the echo part it worked for me!! Good Luck

are you working in medical field right now? I am certified RCS and I am looking for an echo tech job. I have a year externship clinical experience. I am good at detecting pathologies and good scanning skills.if you or anyone know anyplace hiring right now, please let me know. help me out with the job. my email is thanhthuy_01@hotmail.com

Stephanie in Port Jefferson Station, New York

32 months ago

Looking for a echo tech job. I graduated from a 2 year accr. school general, vasc and echo. i have 2 years of clinical exp. as well as 4 months in hospital echo lab. I am RDCS and RVT certified. If there is any where that is willing to teach a recent graduate the ropes I am full heartingly interested.Thanx

Jenna in Middletown, New Jersey

10 months ago

Hi, I am a RCS and also am a RMA. I am currently seeking a Echo Tech job in the NJ NYC area, but am finding it very hard due to most employers wanting years and years of experience. I am currently working doing Echo/MA work and have a year of experience.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.