Are echo technician job opportunities growing or declining?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 170)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most echo technician opportunities?

Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Scottsdale, Arizona

82 months ago

Host said: Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

I can promise you there is a great need for Echo Techs in the Phoenix Valley. I work in healthcare staffing and have several clients that are very eager to hire Echo Techs and have had no luck at all! If you are an echo tech looking for a job in the Phx are, please respond to this post and I will help you!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Kim- in Rancho Cucamonga, California

74 months ago

Lisa in Scottsdale, Arizona said: I can promise you there is a great need for Echo Techs in the Phoenix Valley. I work in healthcare staffing and have several clients that are very eager to hire Echo Techs and have had no luck at all! If you are an echo tech looking for a job in the Phx are, please respond to this post and I will help you!!

Lisa I am graduating form a echo tech program. I should start my extern ship next month I really would like to do my extern ship in Arizona. I am just coming out of school and have no experience. My question to you is; will i be able to find employment in Phoenix with little experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

john in Spokane, Washington

74 months ago

It is more competitive and there are more schools. I'd look into nursing before echo, or general ultrasound.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

apurks in Los Angeles, California

74 months ago

Host said: Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

We have $55K+ full benefits opportunities in VA, MD, NC, OH, WA, CA, ATL, OKC, New Orleans, and Houston for qualified technicians. My e-mail is apurks@icardio.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Scottsdale, Arizona

74 months ago

There are always willing hospitals across the country that are willing to help through externships. There are also many cardiology practices that would be willing to do that. My suggestion would be to contact the hospitals directly to learn more about the externship programs.

I have experienced a great need for Pediatric Echos, especially in the Phoenix area. I know that most of the hospitals would like the person to be registered and if not, within 6 months of hire date. The more specialization, the better. For instance, I have a pedi echo tech that is registered and she will make over $100k this year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

MM in Scottsdale, Arizona

72 months ago

john in Spokane, Washington said: It is more competitive and there are more schools. I'd look into nursing before echo, or general ultrasound.
I agree, obtaining an RN allows you more flexibility. As far as echo or general ultrasound: There are about 5-7 techs in major university hospitals. 1-3 in community hospitals. There is not very much movement in the ultrasound sector. To get a position there has to either be growth in the hospital division, or physician office growth for there to be an opening. It seems that experiences techs will get the jobs that open. Therefore, it is very hard to break in to the field. But, having an RN you can travel the world and always have work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ECHO GIRL in Cleveland, Ohio

71 months ago

Lisa in Scottsdale, Arizona said: I can promise you there is a great need for Echo Techs in the Phoenix Valley. I work in healthcare staffing and have several clients that are very eager to hire Echo Techs and have had no luck at all! If you are an echo tech looking for a job in the Phx are, please respond to this post and I will help you!!

Hello, I finished school a couple months ago and still looking for a position as an echo tech. Luckily I'm working in a hospital doing ekg's but no luck finding any echo positions because I'm straight out of school. I would be willing to move out to Arizona!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Newly grad Echo Tech in Spring Hill, Florida

69 months ago

apurks in Los Angeles, California said: We have $55K+ full benefits opportunities in VA, MD, NC, OH, WA, CA, ATL, OKC, New Orleans, and Houston for qualified technicians. My e-mail is apurks@icardio.net

Hi, i sent an email to your address for further information to facilitate echo employment. thanks!

69 months ago

apurks in Los Angeles, California said: We have $55K+ full benefits opportunities in VA, MD, NC, OH, WA, CA, ATL, OKC, New Orleans, and Houston for qualified technicians. My e-mail is apurks@icardio.net

Hi, i sent you an email and i hope you can assist me on getting into echo employment. thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

yasmin in Pomona, California

68 months ago

i graduated last november in echo but i havent found a job here in california, im already starting to forget some information is there anywhere i can go for continuing education

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Echojoe in Venice, California

68 months ago

Hello all: I have also found few people willing to hire a just out of school grad with no experience. 90% of all the ads I see also require ARDMS registry, which must off us are not for the first year.

I am in Los Angeles, unable to move at this time and I do hear of many grads from my school, West Coast Ultrasound, who are still looking for work. I would like any leads for ANY work, PT, Per Diem, etc.. in either Vascular or Echo!

DHS in Desert Hot Springs, California

68 months ago

Hi, I graduated more than few months ago in general ultrasound, and have been finding it very difficult to find a job. Does any one know of any leads in the Palm Springs area ?

66 months ago

Hi, i hope you can help me out with your promise. Kindly email me at jrldaquino@yahoo.com. thanks.

Echojoe in Rochester, New York

66 months ago

I replied to that promise of jobs in AZ and did not receive a response. I can tell you of my experience since recently graduating from school in Los Angeles. Schools like mine are putting 20 or more new graduates in the market every 4 months or so. If you add that to the other schools around the country, you have an over saturation of applicants for very few jobs. I have also found employers do not want to take new graduates in general, and when they need to, they go with graduates from an associates degree program. These graduates have a tremendous advantage over those of us who did Certificate programs. It took all my resources to go to school and my chances of finding a job now are very poor. At 46 years old, I truly do not know what I will do now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kim- in Rancho Cucamonga, California

66 months ago

I live in Phoenix and i am a new graduate in echo. here is my resume:
email me at: kimjonesca@aol.com and i will forward my resume to you.

ron_bms@yahoo.com in Middletown, New York

66 months ago

I graduated from a 2yr program as a Non-Invasive Cardiographer.I have had my hands on a transducer since the second day of school. I have 2yrs scan time in school alone. I also have completed 6months internship @ a hospital in NYC, and have worked per diem for 6 months in a private office doing echo's. Im looking for a full time position and am willing to relocate for the right job..Contact me on here or at ron_bms@yahoo.com for more info if you have anything I would appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

trixie22 in Cleveland, Ohio

66 months ago

If you want to go into an echo program, make sure it is an Associates Degree program that is Accredited. If you love it, you'll be good at it, and you'll get a job. The first job you get may not pay well, you may have to use it for experience. When I graduated my first job in echo paid less than the secretarial job I was leaving! However, with experience, the pay will come. Go to the US Bureau of labor and statistics. They predict a 26% increase in all ultrasound fields within the next few years.

Curious in Tempe, Arizona

66 months ago

Are there jobs for Echo Techs in Florida? Particularly in the Tampa Bay are?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

eric61 in Atlanta, Georgia

66 months ago

I would do a contrace in Arizona,

Dboyz in Youngstown, Ohio

66 months ago

ECHO GIRL in Cleveland, Ohio said: Hello, I finished school a couple months ago and still looking for a position as an echo tech. Luckily I'm working in a hospital doing ekg's but no luck finding any echo positions because I'm straight out of school. I would be willing to move out to Arizona!

Echo girl, just a general question. How much do you make doing ekgs? The reason why I ask is that I am going to college, but was going to go to an accredited school for cci as a cardiograph tech. The school teaches EKGS, Holter, Stress test, and vitals. I was wondering how the job was and the estimate of pay. Thanks

66 months ago

ECHO GIRL in Cleveland, Ohio said: Hello, I finished school a couple months ago and still looking for a position as an echo tech. Luckily I'm working in a hospital doing ekg's but no luck finding any echo positions because I'm straight out of school. I would be willing to move out to Arizona!

Echo girl, just a general question. How much do you make doing ekgs? The reason why I ask is that I am going to college, but was going to go to an accredited school for cci as a cardiograph tech. The school teaches EKGS, Holter, Stress test, and vitals. I was wondering how the job was and the est. of pay. Thanks

ssab in Atlanta, Georgia

65 months ago

I am looking for a full time Echo job in Long Island NY. I have 9 years experience with echo, dob. echo, stress echo, TTE and carotid exams.

bravo64d in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

65 months ago

I HAVE 20YRS EXPERIENCE IN 2D-M-MODE COLOR FLOW DOPPLER ECHO, STRESS ECHO, AND TEE,S IM LOOKING FOR A FULL TIME JOB HAVE NOT WORK SINCE 7/07 NOT MUCH WORK HERE IN PHILLY, WILLING TO RELOCATE WITH HELP. IF YOU WISH TO CONTACT ME YOU MAY EMAIL ME AT bravo64d@ yahoo.com. thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Echotek387 in San Bernardino, California

65 months ago

Hi there Lisa i am interested in speaking with you...please contact me on my email:Echotek387@yahoo.com
Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

FSAFFI in West Covina, California

65 months ago

iam an echo tech willing to travel anywhere please contact me at rltyasmin@aol.com......thank you

paula in Pearland, Texas

65 months ago

I have 8 years experience in adult echo and TEE in hospital and doctor office settings. I also have 2 years in pedi echo at a hospital with pediatric cardiac surgery. I am looking for a job in Houston.

Barbara in Easton, Maryland

64 months ago

Dboyz in Youngstown, Ohio said: Echo girl, just a general question. How much do you make doing ekgs? The reason why I ask is that I am going to college, but was going to go to an accredited school for cci as a cardiograph tech. The school teaches EKGS, Holter, Stress test, and vitals. I was wondering how the job was and the estimate of pay. Thanks

Hi,
EKG, Holter and Stress Techs make the most about $25K-$30K peryear. When you become and Echo tech the pay jumps to starting at $50K and higher.

64 months ago

thx for the answer. I have alot of lers, I am a junior at a college right now. I would only have 7 classes and 3 sets of clinicals to become an echo( cardiovascular echo ). However, to get into the program, you need a med backround. Do you think it would be smart for me to enter the CCT program to eventually do echo? Secondly, the echo school is accredited, its a hybrid online, plus on site clinicals. Do you know if its hard to have hospitals to take on students for echos? Again, this is for cardiovascular echo only.

Lastly, do you know ig they hire echos for night shift at hospitals or newhere? I like nights.

Echojoe in Rochester, New York

64 months ago

Hello Dboyz:
I can tell you what I have found since graduating from an "accredited" echo/vascular program. The most important thing to consider is if your school is an accredited Associates Degree program, or an accredited Certificate program. When I started school in January of '06, graduates of certificate programs were still being hired as new grads. By the time I graduated, the ICAEL lab protocol certification for echo departments and labs was in full force. I found out the hard way that hospitals and most office echo labs no longer wanted new grads from certificate programs. The current outlook for new echo grads who do not have an associates degree in echo is not good at all. certificate programs pump out a large number of grads per year and there are many certificate schools all over the country. Associates programs are harder to find and have a limited number of graduates per class.
My best advice is become a Medical Assistant, EKG tech or an LPN to start. Get into a working situation and very often, once you are in a hospital and establish a good work record with them, they will pay for other courses to make you more valuable to them.
The job outlook for new grad echo techs, with the economy, cuts in medicare and changes in the demand, is not good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Echojoe in Rochester, New York said: Hello Dboyz:
I can tell you what I have found since graduating from an "accredited" echo/vascular program. The most important thing to consider is if your school is an accredited Associates Degree program, or an accredited Certificate program. When I started school in January of '06, graduates of certificate programs were still being hired as new grads. By the time I graduated, the ICAEL lab protocol certification for echo departments and labs was in full force. I found out the hard way that hospitals and most office echo labs no longer wanted new grads from certificate programs. The current outlook for new echo grads who do not have an associates degree in echo is not good at all. certificate programs pump out a large number of grads per year and there are many certificate schools all over the country. Associates programs are harder to find and have a limited number of graduates per class.
My best advice is become a Medical Assistant, EKG tech or an LPN to start. Get into a working situation and very often, once you are in a hospital and establish a good work record with them, they will pay for other courses to make you more valuable to them.
The job outlook for new grad echo techs, with the economy, cuts in medicare and changes in the demand, is not good.

I agree with echojoe, except the LPN part, in Maryland and Washington DC LPN's are not heard of anymore and if they are, it is in a nursing home, but they mostly are Tech's that assist the RN's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

I would go for the CCT program and maybe you could get into a cath lab when you graduate. Cardiology is a tough job to get into but when you do, chances are you will be there for awhile.

Vascular is a very needed profession and is eaiser to get into, then Echo.

It might be tough to get into a hospital to do your echo time before you graduate might be tough, as places don't have the time to train you. I say give it a try the worst thing they can say to you is no, and you alread no that, so it never hurts to try.

jkpocie@yahoo.com in Chicago, Illinois

64 months ago

Lisa in Scottsdale, Arizona said: I can promise you there is a great need for Echo Techs in the Phoenix Valley. I work in healthcare staffing and have several clients that are very eager to hire Echo Techs and have had no luck at all! If you are an echo tech looking for a job in the Phx are, please respond to this post and I will help you. I am a graduate Echo Tech. I Prefer the East Valley. Thank you Janet Pociecha

64 months ago

Lisa in Scottsdale, Arizona said: I can promise you there is a great need for Echo Techs in the Phoenix Valley. I work in healthcare staffing and have several clients that are very eager to hire Echo Techs and have had no luck at all! If you are an echo tech looking for a job in the Phx are, please respond to this post and I will help you.

64 months ago

Lisa, I am a graduate Echo Tech, and recieved all my clinical hours at a hospital. Currently work as a Cardio Tech at a hospital in Indiana. I have passed the first test for Cardiovascular Science. Now studing for next part. I went to a school that gives you a certificate, not a associates degree. I would like to find a Echo job in Arizona, prefer East Valley.

kimjonesca@aol.com in Phoenix, Arizona

64 months ago

I am in Phoenix right now looking for echo tech employment. feel free to contact me regarding jobs for new grads. kimjonesca@aol.com

64 months ago

Lisa, I am a graduate Echo Tech in Indiana. I recieved all my clinical hours at a Hospital while I was in school. I currently work at a hospital as a Cardio Tech. I have passed my first test for CCI.I would like to work in Arizona. If you can help please let me know.

Thank you
Janet Pociecha

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dboyz0123 in Youngstown, Ohio

64 months ago

Barbara in Easton, Maryland said: I would go for the CCT program and maybe you could get into a cath lab when you graduate. Cardiology is a tough job to get into but when you do, chances are you will be there for awhile.

Vascular is a very needed profession and is eaiser to get into, then Echo.

It might be tough to get into a hospital to do your echo time before you graduate might be tough, as places don't have the time to train you. I say give it a try the worst thing they can say to you is no, and you alread no that, so it never hurts to try.

Hey barb,

Thanks for the reply. Do you know how I would be able to get into a cath lab with just 3 years of college, plus when I get the cct? The cct is in EKG, Holter, stress testing, reading ekgs, and taking some vitals. However, do you think it would be alright trying to get into a cath lab? I heard you make more money if you can, but I really dont know. Oh, this is dboyz...lol. For some reason, my old screen name got tangled up. Thanks

whitelk in Mission Viejo, California

63 months ago

Hi my name is Lynda white RCS,CCT. looking for full time work. 7 years in a acute care hospital all were laid off due to hospital sale. please contact.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Long Beach, California

62 months ago

Hello,

This is a messsage for echo techs. IF you guys need a job, i am looking for 2 tech to work in a doctors office in long beach. Any experience is a plus. Will train if have to. Pay rate between $27-$35/hr doe. About 30+ hrs weekly. Two tech just recently got better job so need to fill space quick. Email resume to cardiomikelee@yahoo.com. thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

kimjonesca@aol.com in Phoenix, Arizona

62 months ago

Hi Mike I sent my resume for the echo job. Let me know soon how interviews are going to be scheduled.

FLsunshine09 in Brandon, Florida

61 months ago

Please email me at bthomas3205@hotmail.com I need a job and I am willing to go where ever!

Dewayne in Loxley, Alabama

61 months ago

mike in Long Beach, California said: Hello,

This is a messsage for echo techs. IF you guys need a job, i am looking for 2 tech to work in a doctors office in long beach. Any experience is a plus. Will train if have to. Pay rate between $27-$35/hr doe. About 30+ hrs weekly. Two tech just recently got better job so need to fill space quick. Email resume to cardiomikelee@yahoo.com. thank you

Hello Mike
My wife and I are Cardiac Echo Techs
Willing to move
We graduated from an accredited program with 1 year 1 modality.
We get along great and have astounded everyone in clinicals how well we get along while working together.
contact us at thenewburns@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Chitomany Moultry in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

60 months ago

I am a new grad student that is looking for a job as an echo tech chitmoultry@aol.com

kimjonesca@aol.com in Rancho Cucamonga, California

60 months ago

I am a new grad please let me know if any opportunities exist for my skill level.
kimjonesca@aol.com

Lauren Skinner in Los Angeles, California

60 months ago

Hello, Lisa. I am finishing up my internship at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles and looking for a position in Phoenix starting September. If you are still placing Echosonographers, email me and I will send over my resume.

Thank you,
Lauren
leskinner79@gmail.com

steven c. in Miami, Florida

60 months ago

Hello lisa, please email me at steveinsaugus@yahoo.com so i can send over my resume to you, im loking to relocated to that area. I'm a licensed echo tech with 1 year exp. Looking to cross train to peds.
I also have my vascular license.- steven

RobZona in Phoenix, Arizona

60 months ago

Hi Lisa, I live in the Phoenix NW valley, registered RDCS, with 12+ years experience in all echo procedures including carotids,mobile,offices and hospitals.
Please contact me if you can assist me in my current search for an echo or ultrasound applications specialist/sales position. I will consider full,part-time, or contract depending on the location/need.
My resume and professional references are available on request.

Robert
rbergman2@cox.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

dboyz0123 in Youngstown, Ohio said: Hey barb,

Thanks for the reply. Do you know how I would be able to get into a cath lab with just 3 years of college, plus when I get the cct? The cct is in EKG, Holter, stress testing, reading ekgs, and taking some vitals. However, do you think it would be alright trying to get into a cath lab? I heard you make more money if you can, but I really dont know. Oh, this is dboyz...lol. For some reason, my old screen name got tangled up. Thanks

I don't know about the Cathlabs.

Tim in Los Angeles, California

59 months ago

yasmin in Pomona, California said: i graduated last november in echo but i havent found a job here in california, im already starting to forget some information is there anywhere i can go for continuing education

yes you can try to find a VA hospital and jus go inside tell them what you need and see if they can show you some things most echo techs are really good teachers you wont get paid and maybe you will find a spot goodluck..

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.