I need some advice on getting into echo field

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

tom in Cleveland, Ohio

37 months ago

I am a paramedic with all my certifications and currently working as a full time ekg tech. I would like to know if any of my education/training could be applied to my echo education. What kind of classes does the program require? Whats the starting salary? How long is the training? Any advice would help, Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

NgN87 in Atlanta, Georgia

37 months ago

I just graduated school, finished clinicals and about to sit for my registry exam...... and I'm scared.
Unfortunatly its gotten to the point where its all about who you know and if they can get you in......(then again, everything is becoming like that)
Its an associates degree with your normal prereqs (english,college algebra, psycology)
Two semesters of ultrasound physics and two of anatomy and physiology....
The pay is great, depending on what state you live in put starting of is average of 24$ an hour.
Close to six months of clinicals
Registry exams are close to 350$-400$
Its an amazing field, but there's not enough jobs and WAY to many students graduating.
So honestly, unless you have a connection, its something you should consider.
Hope this helped :)

37 months ago

I just graduated school, finished clinicals and about to sit for my registry exam...... and I'm scared.
Unfortunatly its gotten to the point where its all about who you know and if they can get you in......(then again, everything is becoming like that)
Its an associates degree with your normal prereqs (english,college algebra, psycology)
The pay is great, depending on what state you live in put starting of is average of 24$ an hour.
Its an amazing field, but there's not enough jobs and WAY to many students graduating.

tom in Rocky River, Ohio

37 months ago

NgN87 in Atlanta, Georgia said: I just graduated school, finished clinicals and about to sit for my registry exam...... and I'm scared.

Hey thanks for the reply. I already have an associates degree in business management, so would those prereqs transfer? Could I just take the ultrasound and a&p classes?

37 months ago

Depends on what school you go too, but yes you should be able to just transfer your credits. Some schools may even require you to take another entry exam, in mine it was the TEAS test. Also when you are school shopping make sure they are accredited and have a good reputation (in Atlanta HR will not even look at Sanford Brown graduates). Ask if u can take CCI or ARDMS after u graduate and have completed your clinicals. Make sure they offer a degree program, NOT the cerfificate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.