Can I get a entry level electrical engineer position with a Misdemeanor?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

EE_Rob in Portland, Oregon

51 months ago

Hi,
I was convicted of a class A misdemeanor for animal neglect 1 in may 2010. I will be graduating from college in oregon with My electrical engineering degree in march 2013. I am wondering how my record will affect my employment opportunities in the technology field? I am also hoping to get an internship in school year as well. Any advice would help.

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

its been tough in Seagrove, North Carolina

42 months ago

So i convicted of a class A misdemeanor, in March 2009. I just graduated may 2011. Its been hard for me, I get a lot of interviews but no luck. You probably wont get a internship. I think you would have to wait 5 years so that every one can say "Well its been five years" I am currently still looking for a job. But I think I will go to graduate school for my masters and let my 5 years pass.

Hope it helps.

Also you may want to look at the Oregon Expungement Laws.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

EE_Rob in Beaverton, Oregon

42 months ago

I have actually had no problem at all. I was hired a few months ago by a large chip manufacturer in hillsboro,OR for a position with just my AAS so I'm not worried. Sorry about your luck, hopefully it will change soon. It probably depends on the misdemeanor. mine was nonviolent and non-drug related so when i talked to the HR department they said they didnt care...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.