eletrical jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

jay22 in Hooksett, New Hampshire

71 months ago

I am 26 years old I finished electrical school in 2007 3.37 GPA. I learned motor, commercial & residential wiring and piping and some computer it was hands on, was a hands on learning school . After I left school I had a hard time finding a job. I think I do not like commercial & residential wiring. This type of school was for an A class license. What other type of electrical jobs are out there that pay 40 to 50 k a year or some where around there {I no I will not make that right off the bat} I do not think I could be an electrical engineer. What type of jobs are available utilizing the type of education I have ? I am more comfortable working with low voltage jobs than high voltage jobs … can you recommend some types jobs where I could apply my skill sets or personal Experience in the field that would be help full

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lou in Cumming, Georgia

70 months ago

You need to open up the local yellow pages, newspapers and ad's and call around to all the Electrical, Lighting, Signs, Builders, Supply houses, etc. and ask them if they are accepting applications and/or know who is. Do NOT wait for them to run an ad. You'll be surprised how many will hire this way.

Think about it! You will be the only person applying. . . No competation. . .Just be good at selling yourself. Never say,"Gee. I don't think I can do that!" If you don't know, tell them. . . but, always add ÿou are willing to learn.

I don't know how much field experience you have, but many of these 'so called Electrical Schools' lead a young person to believe that they will be making 40-50K a year, after finishing their program. That's B.S. Even after finishing an apprenticeship program with the IBEW, you may not make that much without over-time. Depends upon which State you live in.

So, go out and hammer the local companies. Show them you have determination, guts, easy willingness to work and ahead of the pack.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

john in Dayton, Ohio

67 months ago

Hi my name is John I went to Kapland Tech for electrical
and I want to know how where to go do my apprenticeship
I am willing to move but would like to know what sate to
focus on and I understand that I have to pay my dues just want to go in the wright direction

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.