Electronic Engineering Jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Danny2530 in Central City, Kentucky

69 months ago

I have a associates degree in electronics engineering. I have been doing countless job hunts, but have not found much. Can any offer any help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Larry in Knoxville, Tennessee

68 months ago

Danny, Try CDI Corporation at www.cdicorp.com/referral , and mention my name and e-mail rogers.ler123@gmail.com. I was out of work for 4 months, now I have a great ET position with them. This is a temp agency that offers benefits, however I have a good chance of going perminate with the company that I am working with. Also, If you can relocate you may have a better chance at a job. GOOD LUCK Larry Rogers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CJB in Las Vegas, Nevada

63 months ago

www.careerjet.com/search/jobs?s=sector%3A+%22electronics+robotics%22&l=Kentucky&lid=381

There are 27 listed here.

Example:

Job Description:

Maintains, repairs, and installs various types of electronic equipment and related devices such as electronic transmitting and receiving equipment (e.g., radar, radio, television, telecommunication, sonar, and navigational aids); personal and mainframe computers and terminals; industrial, medical, measuring, and controlling equipment; satellite equipment; and industrial robotic devices. Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in determining equipment malfunctions, and applies skill in restoring equipment operations.

Applies technical knowledge to perform simple or routine tasks following detailed instructions. Performs such tasks as replacing components and wiring circuits; repairing simple electronic equipment; and taking test readings using common instruments such as digital multimeters, signal generators, semiconductor testers, curve tracers, and oscilloscopes.

Receives technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher level technician. Work is spot-checked for accuracy.

Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.

We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

markw54 in Elyria, Ohio

63 months ago

Danny2530 in Central City, Kentucky said: I have a associates degree in electronics engineering. I have been doing countless job hunts, but have not found much. Can any offer any help?

I am in the same situation in northern Ohio. I am on indeed, careerbuilder, jobs, USAjobs, fbi, thingamajobs for a while now. If you have surface mount soldering experience you should be able to find something rather good. Most companies want to hire through a temp agency which is not the best thing to try. I almost had a job but when the company found out I had no surface mount soldering experience the interview was over. Good luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Carri in Chicago, Illinois

60 months ago

Danny2530 in Central City, Kentucky said: I have a associates degree in electronics engineering. I have been doing countless job hunts, but have not found much. Can any offer any help?

Why don't you try Motorola

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Chuck in Royal Oak, Michigan

60 months ago

Danny, I have a certificate in Electronic Engineering Technology, which probably offered a lot more hands on electronic experiences due to the nature of the school. While an associates is plenty good enough for what you might like to do, it may be better than my education. However, I have been in electronics for more than 25 years now and have worked in a variety of industries for example: Automotive, Communications with radio frequencies, office equipment, industrial machines, panel wiring, research and developement. Decide if you like to work with people, so you can work in a customer service related capacity (people skills real valuable). If you are "things" orientated try some of my job categories. There are some 1000 careers in this subject area, so narrow yourself down a little bit and work from there. Try communications, biomedical, industrial electronics. I like to build things, so panel wiring was a lot of fun. If you have basic mechanical skills plus what you have ... you have a lot of options. Just don't try to look for an Electronic Engineering Technician job ... not many companies use that title. Probably for fear of having to pay an employee more money. Carry on soldier, and good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.