Getting an engineering technician job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

How did you get your start doing engineering technician work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

openmic in Winston Salem, North Carolina

81 months ago

This is a field where it is possible to get a job without a degree, but the degree opens many more doors. Once on the job, you can only keep it via excellent performance. So don't talk the talk unless you can walk the walk.

Most people get an Associates degree from an accredited college or university. Some business schools also offer acceptible diplomas (of their own), but before you go that route be sure to research the businesses where you live to make sure that they honor that business diploma. Some technicians hold bachelor's degrees (especially in electronics or computer science) and have ended up as technicians due to the economy. However, don't worry about competing against four-year degree holders (for jobs) because often employers consider them over-qualified.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

khurram shahzad in Korea, Republic of

80 months ago

DEAR SIR,
i live in south korea near about 14 yr's ~~
i need a job in pcb drilling depart.i do this work 10 yr's.i full know about operating that machine's
SCHMOLL,POSALUX,ROKO-ROKO,EXCELLON,PLURATIC,HITACHI,TACKUCHI etc...
i want to live in my countery and want to work for my countery.
if u have a job in that plz inforam me thanks..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

B Gilbert in Park City, Kentucky

26 months ago

I started as a seasonal employee for the State during the summer off season while in college. I then got an offer to become full-time and took them up on the offer and stayed there for about ten years. I then left to go into the public sector and worked for a few firms over the next twelve years...some jobs were three month contracts and as much as 5 years. And in this time my pay more than doubled.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.