What are the best escrow assistant qualifications and training to get ahead?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What is the best training for becoming an escrow assistant? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective escrow assistant?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

Reply - Report abuse

kim in San Leandro, California

96 months ago

Everything that an escrow assistant has learned is definately from hands on experience. Usually escrow assistants are started off with small tasks ie ordering payoff demands, ordering preliminary title reports, ordering insurance and from there you build up the knowledge of the life of the escrow transaction.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sara in Grand Prairie, Texas

28 months ago

Host said: What is the best training for becoming an escrow assistant ? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective escrow assistant?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

The best way to become an escrow assistant is hands on.... So true. The skills you'll need is fast learner, able to multi-task, computer effecient, people friendy, and know how to escalate a conversation with an angry client..... The rest you will learn with hands on experience.

I'm working as an escrow assistant right now.

I moved away from just requesting titlework within 5 months. At 3 months I was recommended to be an escrow officer, because I went above and beyond. Tried to find more efficient ways for EVERYTHING. (:

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

oigres in Concord, California

20 months ago

kim in San Leandro, California said: Everything that an escrow assistant has learned is definately from hands on experience. Usually escrow assistants are started off with small tasks ie ordering payoff demands, ordering preliminary title reports, ordering insurance and from there you build up the knowledge of the life of the escrow transaction.

I appreciate your use of industry vocab in your response. Very helpful. I have an opportunity to become an escrow assistant but I have no experience, although I have audited contracts in other industries. Could you recommend any good reading material or websites where I can learn more? Or can I contact you and pick your brain briefly?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.