RN Nurse or Esthetician?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (451 to 500 of 626)
Page:  « First « Previous   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next »   Last »

CellularSkinCare in Tustin, California

47 months ago

Sure, Send me your email address and I will!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Angie in Bloomfield, Indiana

47 months ago

TV in West Palm Beach, Florida said: I am interested in learning more about what you are doing, can you email me??

I am interested in knowing new about the machine you are promoting.

47 months ago

It is called the Derma Firm Illuminator, and has four functions: Galvanic, Far Infrared Light, Ultrasound and Vibration. It is the size of an ipod and comes with two syringes filled with Precision Skin Rejuvenating Serum and a recharger. Comes with a year warranty.

Please send your email where I can send you links to the information page about the Derma Firm Illuminator, and my before and after photos! It has given my whole face a total lift using it five nights a week for five months.

47 months ago

Snglnrs@aol.com

TV in West Palm Beach, Florida

47 months ago

Hi Candy, Not sure if my email made it back to you, but my email is: taylorvititow@gmail.com Thanks

Candy Dye in Tustin, California said: I'm a Nurse Practitioner who has considered becoming an esthetician. While looking into programs I noticed a few things:

~ A shift of retired nurses reentering the profession with the economic downturn, at the same time dissatisfied with nursing and looking for alternatives.

~ A shift of high end skin care clients to less frequent spa visits, more in home treatments to reduce out of pocket expenses.

~ Introduction of innovative products on the market with newer, more advanced science that allow potential / existing clients to acheive spa results at home.

~ Movement of the marketplace to Online for advertising, and purchasing products.

There is now a competitive product to the nuskin galvanic device that recently entering the marketplace for consumers to use at home. It does galvanic + infrared + ultrasound + vibration. There will be more to come
in time. There are many clients who will choose this route to gain the spa results they are after, while reducing their costs. I deicded to become a distributor for these producs and have an online "store" with which I can market online as well as in real life. Much easier all the way around.

My question - do you believe that the products you are using are the best for the clients, or are you required to use product lines from companies that your facility has contracts with? When you are using what you company requires and your clients are not achieving their desired results, what can and do you do?
Are you allowed to try other product lines independently?

ghabanbim in Malakoff, France

47 months ago

hi , i wiil be interested in the Derma Firm Illuminator. how can i get one in france

47 months ago

ghabanbim in Malakoff, France said: hi , i wiil be interested in the Derma Firm Illuminator. how can i get one in france

Please email me at aprioricandy@gmail.com Merci beaucoup!

eveeli92 in Brooklyn, New York

47 months ago

Jennifer in North Augusta, South Carolina said: Hey, I also have my Bachelors in Nursing and have been an Esthetician for over 8 years. RN's make a ton more money and you are able to do anything with your license under a doctors orders such as: administering Botox, Fillers, Medical Chemical peels, Medical Microdermabrasions, Laser treatments, eye lash extensions, permanent makeup, even body peircing not to mention basic nursing care. I worked in a spa for several years and got so bored after a while because what you are able to do with your license is minimal. As a RN you are able to find a job any where in the world in any area. Good luck!!!

hi can you contact me on evesquared@aol.com i have so many questions ! i am a student and i am going for nursing , but i also want to apply to be a licensed esthetician ..... should i do both ? or does being a nurse already permit me to do all the laser, chemical peel,bottom,microdermbrasions,eyelash ext...and so on ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

wow in Chicago, Illinois

46 months ago

amber in Huntington Beach, California said: I really need to know if i absolutely to get my RN license to perform injections and work with lasers. im currently taking me pre reqs for nursing but dont know if i have to do this to get where i want to be. any advise?

The industry is evolving and changing ever-so rapidly. Because, of the hundreds of people whom, faces, and other areas of the body were Seriously, Damaged, and many Permanentaly Damaged, by un-trained medical professionals, in the late 80's and early 90's, and I do mean, Doctors whom, just brought the equipment, took a quick crash course, and started zapping away on people, California, Law permits ONLY, DR'S, AND PA'S , THE RIGHT TO LEGALLY ADMINISTER ANY LASER TREATMENTS CONSIDERED TO BE IN THE SCOPE with MEDICAL GRADE EQUIPMENT. Check with Calfironia Professional Licensing Regulations.. Lof ots Doctors, and Licensed Medical professionals were admimistering CO2 laser treatments on Fiztpatrick scale 5's & 6.. good luck.

DenimBlue in U.S.A., District of Columbia

46 months ago

Sorry to say, but I am a nurse and both of these fields are ridiculously competitive and overly saturated. Really do your research before making a decision you will regret.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Currently, the new Nursing grads will have to wait for the "silver" nurses to retire in the near future before more positions are available.

I have spoken to several spas and Cosmetic Surgery offices who have said they have cut back their staff in response to a down economy right now.

I believe that once the economy picks up, and in the future, as baby boomers look for ways to "adjust" their appearances to match their more active lifestyles as they age, the Cosmetic Surgery and Med Spa Industry will be booming.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

CellularSkinCare in Tustin, California said: Currently, the new Nursing grads will have to wait for the "silver" nurses to retire in the near future before more positions are available.

I have spoken to several spas and Cosmetic Surgery offices who have said they have cut back their staff in response to a down economy right now.

I believe that once the economy picks up, and in the future, as baby boomers look for ways to "adjust" their appearances to match their more active lifestyles as they age, the Cosmetic Surgery and Med Spa Industry will be booming.

Well you can keep telling yourself that all you want, but if you actually did the research, you would see that even at the highest point of the baby boom retirement, nursing will only open up about 1/3 more...no where near enough to absorb the amount of already unemployed nurses and the come future grads.

Do you REALLY think that there will be a boom in Cosmetic Surgery and Med Spa for 60-70 year olds who are weighing out their priorities? Are they more concerned about their health or getting a facial treatment? Let's be real here. If nursing won't get much better, you can count on the fact that the beauty industry will not either. It's not a needed expense and Americans are cutting back, now, more than ever.

wow in Chicago, Illinois

46 months ago

Thanks, for the advice. Fortunately, I regret very few things in my Life, mainly because, I use tons of common sense....which Unfortunately, is Not, so common these days.

46 months ago

wow in Chicago, Illinois said: Thanks, for the advice. Fortunately, I regret very few things in my Life, mainly because, I use tons of common sense....which Unfortunately, is Not, so common these days.

No problem. However, common sense is relative. If you haven't gone into nursing--then you have common sense. You were wise enough to research.

I am thinking of waitressing to get by in this economy. No investment or risk and you can easily make $20-35/hr depending on where it's at. Believe me, it's no worse than a RN position, per se.

Best of luck to you.

46 months ago

There is a Fact Sheet about the future of Nursing if you go online to the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, Nursing Shortage Fact Sheet.

Article "Demand for Cosmetic and Surgical Procedure in Dermatologic Surgery Rising Rapidly" can be found in Science Daily, November 30, 2009 issue.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

CellularSkinCare in Tustin, California said: There is a Fact Sheet about the future of Nursing if you go online to the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, Nursing Shortage Fact Sheet.

Article "Demand for Cosmetic and Surgical Procedure in Dermatologic Surgery Rising Rapidly" can be found in Science Daily, November 30, 2009 issue.

Wait a minute...so with the THOUSANDS of jobless BSN nurses and new grads out there, you expect me to put my trust in an article written by an association for the same nursing schools that tell nursing students who "in demand" they will be and what a stable career this is? Think again lady.

I don't care what they have to say. I go by what I see...and that is TONS of jobless nurses. But if you truly believe that cosmetic skin care is where the stability lies, a big pat on the back to you. Most American citizens can't even afford a cheap facial at this point and with a large majority of citizens being unemployed--they never will be able to afford it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

eveeli92 in Brooklyn, New York said: hi can you contact me on evesquared@aol.com i have so many questions ! i am a student and i am going for nursing , but i also want to apply to be a licensed esthetician ..... should i do both ? or does being a nurse already permit me to do all the laser, chemical peel,bottom,microdermbrasions,eyelash ext...and so on ...

You are "GOING" for nursing or you are ACTUALLY *in* nursing? Big difference sweety.

Neither one has job security right now. Do your research. I highly suggest a CNA program, they always seem to be hiring.

brambleton in Ashburn, Virginia

46 months ago

DenimBlue in U.S.A., District of Columbia said: You are "GOING" for nursing or you are ACTUALLY *in* nursing? Big difference sweety.

You seem to be very angry about the whole nursing thing. So are YOU actually an RN that has worked the floor gainfully (with pay for at least one shift, EVER) to be able to express opinions based on PERSONAL experience? Big difference, right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Success in Cleveland, Ohio

46 months ago

gypsy in Piqua, Ohio said: Have you looked into the Ohio law on RN's and what duties they can perform in a derms. office? Curious because I live in Ohio..

You sound EXACTLY like me...Licensed in Cosmetology...The thrill went out on that quickly because my passion likes yours is skin...And like you I found out about becoming a Nurse Practitioner in Dermatology...as well as getting my BSN and Masters....I have heard a lot of negative and positive things about the field that we are interested in...but I feel as though Nursing alone is the foundation...You can follow any field in Nursing...Everyone will have their views on what's good and what's not good...But at the end of the day..Lot's and Lot's of research and What you feel would be a good direction for you is what matters...I would talk to different nurses and get their point of view...Nurses in all fields...not just the field you are looking into and get their advice...GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING!

46 months ago

DenimBlue in U.S.A., District of Columbia said: Why are you following me around on threads? So because I don't feel that people should waste their time on Nursing and/or Beauty School I have some hidden agenda? Your questions are irrelevant to this thread. They are already answered in previous threads on the nursing boards.

I am just trying to get an understanding....Are against Nursing as a whole or becoming a Nurse to be able to get into the dermatology field? It sounds as if you are against Nursing as a whole and I would like to get an understanding as to why??? Did it not work out for you? What's the deal? And...I am from Ohio and there is a HUGE demand for Nursing...So when you say it's a lack in Nursing positions are you speaking for just where you live or all over because if you are speaking for all over you are SADLY MISTAKEN!

46 months ago

Denim Blue,
Are you actively working as a nurse or are you one that is currently looking for a job? A little research goes a long way...I don't have any links (right off the bat)...But I have found a number of opportunities for Nurses both licensed and going to school for that field...The internet can either work for you or work against you...Make it work for you! To say that nursing is a dead end is very negative and discouraging to those who are going to school to be a nurse..Like myself...You say you want people to be realistic...Well then let's be realistic...The economy sucks...PERIOD....In any field...Not just Nursing (according to YOU) You said (and I hope you were joking) that you plan on working as a waitress making $20/30 an hour....You call that realistic? Seriously? And you call Nursing dead end?? You would chose aesthetics over RN because it's less of an investment risk...That's within the beauty industry and according to you it has no future....Going to school to become an aesthetician isn't cheap and seeing as though the economy is bad especially for the beauty field YOUR investment in time and money is just as waisted as going into Nursing...The only difference is...You can do a hell of a lot more with a Nursing degree especially if you expand..you can do waay more than you can with an aesthetics license...that's all you will be able to do it skin...and not even botox...laser peels etc etc...My point is...If you have some information about the industry it's great to offer it...But don't shoot people down with your negativity...and basically tell them how they are making a poor choice...what DIDN'T work for you MIGHT JUST WORK FOR THEM!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

DenimBlue in U.S.A., District of Columbia said: Listen, I am NOT here to convince you not to go into nursing. If you want to go into it--be my guest! :) Don't come back crying in a few years. I always get 1-2 people who try to argue with me on a thread. It sounds like you're upset and in denial. GOOD LUCK! ;)

Honey Please...Denial and Angry about what? You sound like you are bitter and angry...Get over yourself...I'm sorry nursing didn't work out for you...And Doll...I'm not a cry baby...I know how to survive...maybe you should take survival classes along with your waitressing position...And please...You haven't convinced me to not go into nursing...if anything you have showed me to look into it a little more...and to be mindful...which I was already doing anyway but now I have an extra eye out...which honestly...You could have probably been a lot of help for those of us who is planning on going into nursing...but all your negativity was a turn off which made people want to combat with you...Sorry...You weren't any help even though you could have been...But...None the less...GOOD LUCK TO YOU AS WELL!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Thank You so much...You snot face! I love it...And you are right...There is a possibility that it could be different for me because I am not the same as everyone else...and I have a back up plan...PLUS...The economy will not be this way forever...I am done combatting with you....it's like you say nursing is...A DEAD END....I WISH YOU WELL!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Lmao! I am far from weak minded I have a C D AND F Plan...I did A didn't work for me...Nursing is B.....And...If you had any clue you would know that my buttons aren't pushed...I find you quite funny actually...I understood everything you said about the nursing industry...I really did...And contrary to what you probably believe...I am paying a lot of attention to it...even reading the links that you posted...But...It's your approach that is a turn off...Like I said...You could be a lot of help to US...But it's how YOU come across...You come across as a SNOT FACE...Period! And..This forum isn't the only forum I visit...However...I am still trying to figure out why Nursing didn't work out for you...Are you still actively working as a nurse? Whats the big issue with becoming a Nurse? Really I want to know...What is your purpose for coming to this thread if it isn't to convince not just me but other people interested in the field otherwise...what do you think that you are doing exactly?

46 months ago

DenimBlue in U.S.A., District of Columbia said: BTW, big difference from "working out for me" and voluntarily leaving an ER position at a well known hospital. I'm speaking in defense of the many other nurses out there. Let us know how nursing works out for you. I CANNOT wait to "hear" about it. PS. You haven't even finished your pre-nursing classes yet, have you?

Ok...You voluntarily left because you loved what you were doing?OR it didn't work for you?...Why not work in another field of nursing outside of ER? I understand you defending other nurses who may have it not so good...I understand you wanting to let the newcomers know to have a back up plan...but like i said...Not everyone is clueless...not everyone walks into something blind...I have a reason and a plan as to why I am going into the nursing field...I'm not saying it will be peaches and creme but I will sure know how to maneuver around in case things don't work after I graduate...and No...I have not finished my pre-nursing classes yet..But I don't have that much more to go...and that is neither here nor there because I research...have been researching...and will be researching...I don't plan on stopping with educating myself after I receive my nursing degree...I plan on expanding..So...Your point?

46 months ago

OH PLEASE GET OVER YOURSELF....I was researching and asking questions and planning before i even scrolled over your posts....You are still dodging my question as to why you are no longer interested in nursing....I am not trying to convince MYSELF of anything that has to do with you...I sleep just fine with or without your advice...Lol...seriously...If it did work for you why do you seem so against it? Since you know so much about the nursing industry...how do you feel about hospitals that offer to pay student's tuition in exchange for working at their facility after graduation? how do you feel about those who graduate and strive in the nursing industry....do you really think that all nursing students will fail? i want to know...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

DenimBlue in U.S.A., District of Columbia said: Why are you arguing with me? Didn't you already wish me well and decide that you are going to become a nurse? It's one thing to say it and another thing to do it, but I wouldn't know anything about that. I have no interest in arguing with you or convincing you otherwise. I'm sorry that my realistic approach bothers you so much and "turns you off". I'm not here to sugar coat things and I don't believe I was rude to anyone. I simply stated the experiences of most nurses. I highly suggest you join allnurses.com. If you think I'm "negative" you will have a ball on there. I'm one of the nicer nurses in this field..most are not. I truly hope you can survive this field. I don't feel you will, but that's just my opinion. If you're so sure about your decision, there's really no reason to continue arguing with me. If YOU are so sure about it--why are you even on these forums? You should be on allnurses.com or the Nurse forum on here.

I am on here because I like to see what other people say...and how they feel and get their opinions...To say that you don't think I will survive this field further lets me know that this discussion does need to end...You have no clue who I am...or where I have come from...opinions are like a##holes everybody has one...only thing is...YOUR opinions doesn't factor....Good Day Lady....I hope what ever it is your trying to do with your life works out for you!

mcbarrol in Richmond, Virginia

46 months ago

Karla in Bay Shore, New York said: I'm undecided about becoming a RN nurse or esthetician. I love learning about skin care but doing my research and from word of mouth a RN nurse has a much higher pay. I need advice from an expertise. Should I do both and see where the two programs can get me in my career or just go straight to one of the programs because it would be a waste of time and money to do both?

Get a job in a Plastic Surgeons office.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Ummm...lmao...It has nothing to do with my needing any of your information...Lmao...Why would I need anything you have to offer.....seriously...The only reason I asked any of those questions is to understand why you are so bitter towards the nursing industry...NEVER to be desperate for information...Not in this day and age of technology.... and If ever I need information outside of what the internet or books could offer..I would just ask ALL of my mother and ALL of her friends...both nurses and doctors...so please...don't flatter yourself...lol...And I didn't attack your post..I just was trying to get an understanding for your reasoning behind not really supporting the nursing industry that you are apart of...the whole point of this forum is to be helpful...MAJOR FAIL ON YOUR END...it had nothing to do with an attack....not professional? lol...but you insist on arguing with me...Officially done with you and this whole entire conversation or lack there of....DEEP SELF REFLECTING??! Hmmm...I do a lot of that..... I also have plenty of years ahead of me to do more...Maybe you should practice what you preach my dear...I'm still young...with a lot of growth and learning to do...I am bored with your bitterness and your negativity...You can continue to reply if you must get the last word...but I will not longer be responding to any of your posts! Have a nice Holiday Denim...

Nursing Rocks in Fairfax, Virginia

46 months ago

DenimBlue in U.S.A., District of Columbia said: Why are you following me around on threads? So because I don't feel that people should waste their time on Nursing and/or Beauty School I have some hidden agenda? Your questions are irrelevant to this thread. They are already answered in previous threads on the nursing boards.

So have actually ever worked as an RN ever? EVER?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ayesha in Laurel, Maryland

46 months ago

Hi ladies, can anyone tell me what is the least nursing degree to be able to do botox/fillers? I will be working as a laser tech at a medspa fulltime so I will have to do nursing partime. Thanks for your help!

ayesha in Laurel, Maryland

46 months ago

Thanks for your reply Denimblue but for botox/filler injectibles I still need a nursing degree right?

NurseMark in sacramento, California

46 months ago

Lisa
Can you email me privately about the business you have? I am interested in starting something like it in a different area. I am an RN with 12 years experience, 8 in dermatology and 4 in plastic surgery. I have another nurse who is nationally recognized in sclerotherapy and laser.

my email is NURSEMARK@gmail.com

jld in Gurnee, Illinois

46 months ago

mcbarrol in Richmond, Virginia said: Get a job in a Plastic Surgeons office.[/QUOTE

Good luck getting a job working for a plastic surgeon with an esthetics license. They will typically hire RN's because they can do the injections and deeper chemical peels. Another reason they hire RN's is because of the liability factor. As an esthetician you will be working under the physician's license, but as an RN you are liable for your own actions.

spagirl32301 in Tallahassee, Florida

46 months ago

I actually worked for two Plastic Surgeons in Williamsburg, Va and I am a licensed esthetician so it is not hard...

jld in Gurnee, Illinois

46 months ago

Maybe it varies by location...where I live it is nearly impossible to work for a plastic surgeon. I guess it is best to call different clinics in your area to see if they hire estheticians.

46 months ago

yes that is exactly what I did, Got my resume and just dropped it off at all of the plastic surgeon offices in my area. Just be glad you are not in FL and are a licensed esthetician, you can do next to nothing. I am seriously considering going back to school

ZG in Randolph, Massachusetts

46 months ago

Thank you for the infor. Please contact me via email. I'm presently an RN, whose looking to make a change, and will begin classess this spring to become an Aesthetician. I have a few questions as well.

jld in Gurnee, Illinois

46 months ago

spagirl32301 in Tallahassee, Florida said: yes that is exactly what I did, Got my resume and just dropped it off at all of the plastic surgeon offices in my area. Just be glad you are not in FL and are a licensed esthetician, you can do next to nothing. I am seriously considering going back to school

Why did you move from Virginia to Florida??? It seems the job prospects for estheticians are better in Virginia if you were able to work for 2 plastic surgeons.

46 months ago

I moved for personal reasons

jessRn in Camarillo, California

45 months ago

Hi there! I am a intensive care nurse that lives in Southern California. I have been in the ICU for almost 5years, and although I have learned so much and touched many lives, I really don't think I can be in such a stressful environment for my entire career. I frequently talk to my fellow coworkers whom have worked there 2-4x longer than me and they advice me not to stay in this environment for too long. They say it just is too stressful for your health, family, etc. Therefore I am very interested in the esthetician field; it is something that has always intrigued me. I would love to someday become a Nurse Esthetician however do not know exactly how to go about it. I dont mind going to esthetician school and know i would really enjoy it! I just am worried that the pay is not close to what I make in the ICU. And as a working mother it is important to have a good paying job. Also i know that there must be multiple opportunities for a Nurse Esthetician in SoCal. But really I need some guidance. So please any Socal Nurse Estheticians that would be willing to answer my question your responses are greatly appreciated! Thanks

45 months ago

I think it is so sad that so many people are in the dark about what we can and cant do in FL. And the state board is of no help at all. Here is my dilema, I am a licensed esthetican in FL (I moved from VA in 06 and that is where I was trained) I now work for a Opthamologist and we want to start up a medical spa. I am finding out that there is not alot that I can do in Florida as a esthetician such as botox, injectables or laser hair removal. My problem is I dont know what to start going to school for? RN? but they cant do any of that either. MA? Can they do anything more than me? I am at a loss, I dont want to waste my time or money. Can someone help me?

Wondering in Clearwater, Florida

45 months ago

At Adora Clinic in Palm Harbor, FL they have a surgical tech doing the laser hair removal.

slau52 in Palm Harbor, Florida

44 months ago

kat in Pinellas Park, Florida said: I feel the money I spent on esthetician school was wasted.Either become a full specialist to do hair,nails,facials ect and you might make a living,but hard even then.You need 2 jobs in this bizz.One for hourly pay and one for commission.I read today that in florida by state law only a full specialist can take the $300 12 hour body wrap classes and do it legally.Florida has regulated itself to death.I am glad I am moving to MN where you don't need a license or certification to do body wraps or massage.In massage all you need is a dipolma from the school.I vote for a very small government and letting people run their own lives.Canada is a good example.

Most schools in Florida teach both the skin care specialist classes and the body wrappers class together. There are 2 seperate licenses involved.

44 months ago

Spas also make money from selling products, and I refer to several Estheticians (in California) who do facials for private clients in their homes, making additional income from selling my skin care products, and home beauty gadget.
Why not work with a skin care line privately in addition to your spa?

Dani in Brooklyn, New York

44 months ago

@kat...you claim you want a gov't that doesn't regulate, but in Canada you need anywhere from 2400 to 3600 hours to do massage therapy. They have degrees and "registered" status. Just a thought.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

1diversenurse in Glendora, California

43 months ago

jessRn in Camarillo, California said: Hi there! I am a intensive care nurse that lives in Southern California. I have been in the ICU for almost 5years, and although I have learned so much and touched many lives, I really don't think I can be in such a stressful environment for my entire career. I frequently talk to my fellow coworkers whom have worked there 2-4x longer than me and they advice me not to stay in this environment for too long. They say it just is too stressful for your health, family, etc. Therefore I am very interested in the esthetician field; it is something that has always intrigued me. I would love to someday become a Nurse Esthetician however do not know exactly how to go about it. I dont mind going to esthetician school and know i would really enjoy it! I just am worried that the pay is not close to what I make in the ICU. And as a working mother it is important to have a good paying job. Also i know that there must be multiple opportunities for a Nurse Esthetician in SoCal. But really I need some guidance. So please any Socal Nurse Estheticians that would be willing to answer my question your responses are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Hey there! I am a RN, that has been in the Aesthetic world for 10 years. I recently had my RN license suspended due to a DUI. I am now seeking to go through the Esthetician program. If you have any insight to know if any of my experience transfers to my hours.

fitmom7 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

43 months ago

I am a RN in ft. Lauderdale Fl wanting to find a program that trains nurses to give Botox, and fillers.. I heard of one several yrs ago and the cost was high.. Does anyone know of such a program?Michelle Smith RN

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

fitmom7 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I am a RN in ft. Lauderdale Fl wanting to find a program that trains nurses to give Botox, and fillers.. I heard of one several yrs ago and the cost was high.. Does anyone know of such a program?Michelle Smith RN

Check out palette resources on line to register for hands on classes at resonance rates

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

IRMA VARGAS, LAKE MARY FLORIDA in Riverview, Florida

43 months ago

Sharal in Orlando, Florida said: This message is for Blink (Tallahassee)or anyone else in Florida. Do you have any advice on how to get into this field in Florida? I am a BSN, RN. I would sooo love to get out of the hospital and have more flexibility. Any advice would be appreciated.

HI SHARAL, I AM A RN/BSN WORKING IN CRITICAL CARE FOR THE PAST 12 YEARS. AS SO MANY PEOPLE I WANTED A CHANGE. I USE TO PAY FOR MANY FACIALS, CHEMICAL PEELS ETC. SO, WHAT DID I DO? I CHECKED OUT ESTHETICIAN SCHOOL. THEY TOLD ME THAT AS A RN I COULD DO THE BOTOX INJECTIONS AND FILLERS. I BELIEVED THEM AND WAS VERY EXCITED. 6 MONTHS INTO THE PROGRAM I WAS INFORMED BY MY INSTRUCTOR THAT I STILL CANNOT DO INJECTABLES IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA. ONLY A NURSE PRACTITIONER. SO, I NOW I GRADUATE IN AUGUST AND I REALLY CAN'T DO WHAT I WANTED TO DO ANYWAY. IF YOU WANT TO BECOME A NURSE PRACTITIONER THEN THAT WOULD BE WHAT I WOULD SUGGEST BECAUSE I HEARD THAT ONCE YOU HAVE IT ALOT OF THE PLASTIC SURGEONS OR DERMATOLOGIST WILL SEND YOU TO GET TRAINED IN DOING THOSE PROCEDURES. I HOPED I HELPED YOU. GOOD LUCK.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.