Event Planner Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (240) - Start a Discussion

Nkombo Mvula in Johannesburg, South Africa

Events and party hire

I am in the process of starting an events and party hire business, I have studied Hotel management and I have worked for international organisations...

Cheryl in Pensacola, Florida

Updated 75 months ago

Has anyone used Fabjob Guide? - 7 Replies

I am serioulsy considering buying the Wedding planning and party planning guides. Has anyone used or bought these and if so, what do you think?

ANITA CHETTY in Johannesburg, South Africa

EVENT MANAGEMENT

I studied Hotel Management and i want to get in to the event management industry, how do i go about doing that?

Kari in Tyler, Texas

Updated 75 months ago

Event Planning - 1 Reply

I'm currently trying to get into event planning but because I don't live near major cities I'm finding it difficult. I was looking into some inn's...

Michelle in Littleton, Colorado

Updated 75 months ago

Event Planner - 1 Reply

Hi, I'm looking at ways to get into the event planning area, just don't know how and where to start from. As far as attending classes and getting...

Diane Kelly in Greenville, South Carolina

Event Planner

What qualifications are required for an event planner?

Confluence in Durham, North Carolina

Updated 76 months ago

MY APPOINTMENTS WON'T HOLD? ANY ADVICE - 1 Reply

I have been making cold calls, setting up appointments, but they won't hold. I send confimation emails, reminder emails, and call 24 hours ahead of...

Wendy in Los Angeles, California

What I need to do to get started?

I am about to graduate high school and I know I want to be an Event Planner. I just don't know how to do it. I will be attending CSULB and I have no...

Creative Consulting Team in Dallas, Texas

Updated 77 months ago

fashion show and career fair - 3 Replies

I would like to know the best plan to organise a career fair

Khay in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Fab Job

There are several versions of FabJob Guide to become an event planner available for purchase. Which should I get? thanx

Tom in Albany, New York

Flowers by Wedding Planners...

I have my Sister's wedding next year and every wedding planner I talk to about flower designs for the event says to me "we bring that service right...

................... in Falls Church, Virginia

Updated 78 months ago

Beginning a Career in Event Planning - 2 Replies

I am working to begin a career in event planning, where would I be able to find volunteer opportunities that will allow me to get my name out there...

Andrea in Worcester, Massachusetts

Event Coordinator/Planner

Hello, I have been the Marketing Coordinator of my company for the past 2 years and before that I was the Marketing Rep/Recruiter for a previous...

Katie in Omaha, Nebraska

Updated 79 months ago

Searching for Event and Wedding Planning Career Opportunities - 1 Reply

I am about to finish up my certification as an Event and Wedding Coordinator, and need assistance with finding a career with a company based around...

Katie in Omaha, Nebraska

Updated 79 months ago

Why do/did you want to be a Event planner? - 4 Replies

I'm thinking about doing this and would find the helpful to know

mickij@mindsprnig.com in Lafayette, Alabama

Starting your own Event Planning Business

I have done event planning for several non-profit organizations in the past years as a volunteer. I would like nothing more than to start my own...

Ashley in Minneapolis, Minnesota

Interest in becoming a wedding planner, are you in my area?

I am interested in finding a wedding planner in the st.paul-minneapolis, mn area that I would be able to talk about becoming a wedding planner my...

Nette in Pittsboro, North Carolina

Training?

I have coordinated and directed 6 weddings, plenty of baby shower, wedding showers and I don't know how many kids theme birthday parties. I have done...

Tara in Bellingham, Washington

Updated 80 months ago

I can not find any event or wedding planners in my area and I want to be one of the first to start here - 1 Reply

I dont know where to start and I can't find anybody to be an apprentice for. I am a very creative person, I have been working at Party City (a retail...

Debra in Lansdale, Pennsylvania

Updated 80 months ago

Event planning - 1 Reply

I am currently an Administrative Assistant in the Office of University Events at a university in PA. I have my Accounting degree and am currently...

Anna in Naperville, Illinois

Updated 81 months ago

How can I get our barbeque catering company on the vendors lists of event planners? - 4 Replies

Hi Folks, As you can see I'm new to this forum and I'm not an event planner. Our company is expanding operations and we are trying to reach a...

SJB in Brookings, South Dakota

Seeking insights into meeting/event planning

I'm seeking insights from those who are new to meeting/event planning. I have several questions for you all, and I would love to gain your...

Updated 81 months ago

I want to be a wedding planner! - 1 Reply

I am a very organized, detail oriented person looking to break into the wedding planning industry. I have a bachelors degree in Communications and...

Updated 81 months ago

First Job, Customer - 1 Reply

Hi, everybody. I am not a event planner and I did not have any event planning educations or experiences, but i am very interested in this industry....

Traci in Austin, Texas

Any event planners want to partner with a stationery studio?

I am the art director and owner of a Manhattan based invitations and stationery studio called Atelier Isabey. I am relatively new on the block in the...

ShopPinkandBrown.com in New York, New York

Updated 82 months ago

Event Planner-The Beginning - 9 Replies

Hello! I am getting started in the Event Planing insdustry. What steps do I take to get started (baby steps). I don't have a degree of any kind. I...

miscly in Cumming, Georgia

how much training is required to enter into a top merchandising planner career?

I'm going to school to get my fashion and retail management degree (BS) and I would like to know if I can get into the top merchandising career right...

Mikhail Liberman in Newton, Massachusetts

Updated 83 months ago

How to network with event planner? - 1 Reply

Hi, I am a wedding photographer, and frankly a good one. My work was published in multiple bridal publications and won awards. I would like to...

Tricia

Updated 84 months ago

Information on advertising - 6 Replies

I have been coordinating family events for the past 5 years. Now I will like to make this my home base business. What are some ways that I can...

Charlie in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Updated 84 months ago

HOW DO I GO CORPORATE??? - 2 Replies

I HAVE BEEN RUNNING MY OWN PARTY PLANNING BUSINESS FOR 3 YEARS NOW AND WOULD LIKE TO FINALLY GO CORPORATE. FOR THISE OF YOU OUT THERE WHO ARE ALREADY...

Charlie in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Company Event Decorations - Giant Sculptures Made from Balloons.

My company designs unique decorations for corporate events (giant scultpures made from balloons). http://www.wowballoons.com

Kate in Omaha, Nebraska

Updated 86 months ago

To be the best... - 2 Replies

What are the top 3 traits or skills every event planner must have to excel? Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your event planner...

Kate in Omaha, Nebraska

Updated 86 months ago

Anyone need an apprentice? - 5 Replies

I am a recent college graduate who loves event planning and coordination. I have 1 year of experience, and I am looking for the opportunity to gain...

silvia in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Updated 87 months ago

Day Rates - 1 Reply

What would be a competitive day rate for a corporate event planner with 5 years experience?

Brian in Salt Lake City, Utah

Updated 91 months ago

The best part is... - 1 Reply

What do you enjoy most about event planner work? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and...

shelly in West Orange, New Jersey

advice starting event business

What is the most difficult part starting an event planning business

jessica in Columbus, OH

Updated 96 months ago

Starting out... - 1 Reply

How did you get your start doing event planner work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position? Do you need a particular...

jessica in Columbus, OH

Updated 96 months ago

Boom or bust? - 1 Reply

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing? Where are the jobs? Which places have the most event planner...

Host

Interview Preparation

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming event planner interview? Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Host

Getting ahead...

What is the best training for becoming a hirable event planner? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective...

Page: « Previous   2  3  4  5 

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.