Assistant Wedding Planner

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 167)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

edgargomez in Dallas, Texas

73 months ago

Charlotte D in Dallas, Texas said: I am currently seeking an Event Coordinator Assistant and a Floral Assistant on a event by event basis ONLY! If you would like to gain hands-on-experience in the wedding/event industry I have an amazing oppourtunity for you. I am located in Dallas,Texas. I have 5 upcoming weddings that I need assistant. Must have a passion and desire for wedding and event planning and a strong attention to detail a MUST!

Floral Assistant must have a knowledge of FLOWERS!

Compenstation:$50.00-$100.00 per event.(NON-NEGOITABLE)

For more information you can contact Charlotte via email at info@simpleelegancedesigns.com.

Please view my website to see what my company represent.

Serious inquiries ONLY!

Hello... my name is Edgar Gomez I'm a student for Fashion Design, I'm 19 years old!!
I'm very interested in this position. I have an amazing fascination for weddings. One day I want to have my own collection of wedding dresses. and be related to this business.

A opportunity being your assistant would be great not only because I would have a chance to practice my skills as a creative person but I would gain a lot of good experience.

Please if you need an assistant Let me know. I'm a independent, smart, creative, sophisticated, very educated person. perfect for this position.

Edgar Gomez
edgar_junior2003@hotmail.com (feel free to contact me)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Shayjessal in Costa Mesa, California

73 months ago

I live in Orange County and I am looking for an internship for wedding planning. I am about to start a program to get certified and I have experience with catering. I learn fast and I am great at multi tasking. I am willing to do any work so that I can learn.
Shaynagrove@hotmail.com

Nikki in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania

73 months ago

Short and sweet... I am very interested in starting a career as a bridal consultant assistant. I am ready and willing to take all courses necessary for certification, as long as I knew there were job openings in my area. If anyone is willing to take on a very hardworking assistant, I would love to hear from you! My email is prismaticluster @ netscape. net. Thank you :)

Grace Reyes in Rancho Cucamonga, California

73 months ago

designyourdreamevent in Irvine, California said: I am looking for an assistant to work with my company on the day of the wedding. Please contact me if you are in Southern California and are interested.

designyourdreamevent@yahoo.com

thanks!

Hi, My name is Grace and I have always been interested in this type of position.

Grace Reyes in Rancho Cucamonga, California

73 months ago

Hi, my name is Grace Reyes and I have alwasys loved to work in this type of business. I am a self-employed hairdresser for 20 plus years and have worked with many bridal parties on the day of their events. Sometimes I have had to assist until they actually had to walk down due to wedding party problems or emergencies, etc.

If you can use someone who is eager to learn and doesnt mind rolling up their sleeves, please let me know.

cute_munchkin22@*****.*** in Roswell, Georgia

72 months ago

Hello, I am very interested in becoming a wedding planner and event planner, I've always had fun and been successful when planning occasions.If anyone is interested in a full-time assistant or possibly a paid internship to help out with planning and wedding day events please let me know. I am very hard working and would bring lots of energy to anyone's business.I am currently in the Atlanta,Georgia area.

Thank You.

von in Los Angeles, California

72 months ago

Good day!

I just moved here to LA from NYC. I have been working on events for over 5 years on a part-time basis. Some of my experiences include the following: planning fundraisers, charity dinners, corporate events, baby showers, weddings, etc. I also took a few classes at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in event planning which allowed me to work front of house at fashion shows during fashion week. I would like to work with someone in the Los Angeles area to see how the industry works out here on a part-time basis.

Please let me know if there's any advice or if you need help. Thanks!

Angie in Brooklyn, New York

72 months ago

Donna Flynn in Apollo, Pennsylvania said: Courtney,

That's tough. I got so much from both courses that I would recommend either one.

International Institute of Weddings ( www.superweddings.com is her other website):
Linda Kevich from superweddings.com wrote the wedding course and it was so jam packed full of information that I was shocked. The course is so well written and the assignments are challenging and exactly what you need to do to start a wedding planning business. Most of my setup was done during the course.

American Academy of Wedding Professionals ( www.aawp.com ):

Debbie McCoy is the force behind this course. The course book is not as nicely set up as the other one but has timelines, items for my brides and editable templates (print ad/contract/brochure/etc) that are very useful. I loved the ceremonies section because it included other religions and I live in a very diverse area so I will definitely use that. The quizzes themselves are easy but the essays can be challenging.

It was a tough choice for me so I ended taking both (1 at a time) and it was money well spent. Superweddings was cheaper but both offered low monthly payments. Either course will be a good choice. Good luck!!

Hi Donna

I am currently taking the course from Superweddings.com too and just finished the first unit. Did you have a hard time reaching them via email? I'm still waiting to be assigned an instructor. I have to agree though that their course is very intensive. Tons of information. While reading it I had a feeling that the exams where basically going to get you set up and ready to go when your done. (don't tell me anything about them) I am trying to be very patient as I know that this will be the end result and the information I am getting it excellent. I just wish it was easier to reac them.

donnaflynn in Apollo, Pennsylvania

72 months ago

Angie in Brooklyn, New York said: Hi Donna

I am currently taking the course from Superweddings.com too and just finished the first unit. Did you have a hard time reaching them via email? I'm still waiting to be assigned an instructor. I have to agree though that their course is very intensive. Tons of information. While reading it I had a feeling that the exams where basically going to get you set up and ready to go when your done. (don't tell me anything about them) I am trying to be very patient as I know that this will be the end result and the information I am getting it excellent. I just wish it was easier to reac them.

You don't have an instructor yet? I recall having welcome sheets inside the binder when it arrived. One of the pages had my instructor's contact information on it.

I did have some difficulty reaching them. It ended up that Linda (my instructor) was on vacation for a few weeks. I do have 3 emails for them. admin@superweddings.com editor@superweddings.com lkevich@superweddings.com

I was a little annoyed at first but once I did get in contact with them I was no longer annoyed. They should probably set up their email to send an automatic response when they are on vacation but in the end I was happy. Just be persistent if you need to get in touch with them. Good luck with your assignment. Just a note: They don't give you feedback on assignment one until you are finished with the final assignment. Once you turn it in just continue on with the course. I didn't realize that at first.

This course is worth it. I decided after posting on here to set up my own business and it didn't take long to get started. I have a few customers already. Good luck and I hope you do well with the course.

shelly

72 months ago

I have been interested in being a wedding planners assistant or starting my own buisneS I'm in the columbus, Box springs area anyone have any ideas.

jeannie43 in Orlando, Florida

72 months ago

Hello my name is jeanette rubio and i am very interested in becoming a wedding planner. I would like to work as an assistant free of charge so that i can get the whole experience and knowdledge that is needed to work in this industry. I am in the winter park orlando area. thank you

cwalkin in Brooklyn, New York

72 months ago

HI Angie,

My name is Charmain. I am in Brooklyn and I am interested in assisting with planning events. I am inquiring about taking a course and I would like to get some hands on experience. If u are looking for assistant please contact me @walkin.charmain@gmail.com.

Charmain

luz in Kailua Kona, Hawaii

72 months ago

Aloha.!

I'm very interesting on be a Wedding planner Assistant. I like when planning things, so if someone needs a Assistant contact me.

I live on Hawaii(kailua Kona),speak two languages (English&Spanish), and like of planning.!!

my e-mail; leidyice@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Donna Flynn in Apollo, Pennsylvania said: You don't have an instructor yet? I recall having welcome sheets inside the binder when it arrived. One of the pages had my instructor's contact information on it.

I did have some difficulty reaching them. It ended up that Linda (my instructor) was on vacation for a few weeks. I do have 3 emails for them. admin@superweddings.com editor@superweddings.com lkevich@superweddings.com

I was a little annoyed at first but once I did get in contact with them I was no longer annoyed. They should probably set up their email to send an automatic response when they are on vacation but in the end I was happy. Just be persistent if you need to get in touch with them. Good luck with your assignment. Just a note: They don't give you feedback on assignment one until you are finished with the final assignment. Once you turn it in just continue on with the course. I didn't realize that at first.

This course is worth it. I decided after posting on here to set up my own business and it didn't take long to get started. I have a few customers already. Good luck and I hope you do well with the course.

Congrats! Donna that is so awesome that you already have clients! Very encouraging.

I don't have an instructor yet. :( I have actually gone on to finish unit two while I have been waiting so once I do hear back from them it should move more quickly. Once I'm done with the first assignment I will be able to go on to the second.

Have you found taking the course with AAWP beneficial? Superweddings has thier own association but I guess it couldn't hurt to be apart of more than one.

72 months ago

cwalkin in Brooklyn, New York said: HI Angie,

My name is Charmain. I am in Brooklyn and I am interested in assisting with planning events. I am inquiring about taking a course and I would like to get some hands on experience. If u are looking for assistant please contact me @walkin.charmain@gmail.com.

Charmain

Hi Charmain

I haven't finished the training course yet so I haven't set anything up. Which school were you looking into. Aside from the email issue, so far The International Institute of Weddings has a great course. You really can learn a lot about running the business.

72 months ago

Donna

I just checked out the AAWP site. Did you do the full certificate with them or the Associate certificate. I was thinking of maybe doing the Associate once I am done with Superweddings.

Thanks

Jenn in Whittier, California

71 months ago

I am a graduate at California State University of LA with a BA in Art. I would be very interested in becoming a wedding planner/ wedding planner assistant. If anyone is hiring or has any tips please contact me: jennjennphillips@gmail.com. Thank You

allisonps in Carteret, New Jersey

71 months ago

I live right outside of the NYC and I'm looking to get into event planning, with a focus on Wedding Planning. I'm specifically looking in the Central New Jersey area, but I'm willing to travel throughout the state for events. If anyone has any leads on anything please feel free to contact me.

I love planning and am extremely detail orientated.

71 months ago

Angie in Brooklyn, New York said: Congrats! Donna that is so awesome that you already have clients! Very encouraging.

I don't have an instructor yet. :( I have actually gone on to finish unit two while I have been waiting so once I do hear back from them it should move more quickly. Once I'm done with the first assignment I will be able to go on to the second.

Have you found taking the course with AAWP beneficial? Superweddings has thier own association but I guess it couldn't hurt to be apart of more than one.

Yes, AAWP has been very beneficial in other ways. They give you lots of extras like charts, AAWP professional membership, bride handouts, templates etc and they go into more detail for other types of weddings (indian,muslim, etc). Deb McCoy is always in touch with you and answers questions within 24 hours. She also offers business startup support if you need it. I took the course for the extras and I was very happy with it. The book is not as well written as SuperWeddings but still easy to understand. The quizzes are easy but the essays can be challenging - sometimes the answers are the ones you think cannot possibly be the answer. You can also search for brides in your area that are registered on AAWP. You could use that information to send flyers/emails out since you know they are getting married and may need your services.

Good Luck!

71 months ago

Angie in Brooklyn, New York said: Donna

I just checked out the AAWP site. Did you do the full certificate with them or the Associate certificate. I was thinking of maybe doing the Associate once I am done with Superweddings.

Thanks

If you do the associates and later decide you want to go on for the full certification you can do that. Deb has it set up that way. I did the monthly payments and just did the full certification. I felt that it would never hurt me to have 2 certifications.

cwalkin in Brooklyn, New York

71 months ago

Hi Angie,

I was looking into the Wedding Planning Institute, which should be held at Wagner College in Staten Island. But if you have any suggestions for locations in NYC, that would be great. Thanks.

Charmain

71 months ago

Donna Flynn in Apollo, Pennsylvania said: If you do the associates and later decide you want to go on for the full certification you can do that. Deb has it set up that way. I did the monthly payments and just did the full certification. I felt that it would never hurt me to have 2 certifications.

Well I still haven't heard from the school and it has been two weeks. I'm not sure what the problem is but I will email them again. Its a shame because their course is excellent. I will have to look into the course at AAWP. If things don't work out with Superweddings I will have to see about getting a refund. Hopefully it will all work out though.

71 months ago

cwalkin in Brooklyn, New York said: Hi Angie,

I was looking into the Wedding Planning Institute, which should be held at Wagner College in Staten Island. But if you have any suggestions for locations in NYC, that would be great. Thanks.

Charmain

I did not know Wagner was hosting a course for event planning. The only courses I know about are the ones online.

71 months ago

Angie in Brooklyn, New York said: Well I still haven't heard from the school and it has been two weeks. I'm not sure what the problem is but I will email them again. Its a shame because their course is excellent. I will have to look into the course at AAWP. If things don't work out with Superweddings I will have to see about getting a refund. Hopefully it will all work out though.

I got my instructor! Awaiting the first assignment. :)

Rita in Astoria, New York

71 months ago

Shamika in Buffalo, New York said: I am currently in the process of pursuing my certificate to become a certified event planner. I am planning my own wedding and absolutely love it:-) I live in the WNY area and am looking for any experience I can get. I am more then willing to be an assistant. Does anyone have any ideas????

hi just read your long time ago written note, I was just wondering, did you get any assistant job in wedding planning?I have the same interest and any info would be helpful!Thank you and good luck! Rita

Renae King in Houston, Texas

71 months ago

Hello wedding planner world!
I'm Renae. I reside in Houston, TX. I'm a fun, spunky, easy-going yet meticulous southern girl that is ready to begin a new career journey. I have planned everything from surprise date nights, proposals, birthday parties for children and adults, bridal showers, bachelor/bachelorette parties weddings both small and intimate to large and extravagant... If you are looking for an assitant or a new team member, I'm your girl!!! I bring creativity, resourcefulness, and my teaching background has given me a great deal of experience working with people and collaborating with a team... Come one, Come ALL! All offers in Houston and surrounding areas are welcomed! I can be reached by e-mail... THANKS!!

laking89@gmail.com

bhinderlider in Woodstock, Illinois

70 months ago

Hello!

My name is Brittany Hinderlider and I am currently looking to become an Assistant for a Bridal Consultant to gain more experience in the industry.

In 2008, I completed Professional Bridal Consultant courses through Penn Foster and completed certification through the Association of Bridal Consultants. That same year I planned my own wedding and began working for a stationery shop selling and designing wedding invitations.

If there are any consultants around the Woodstock area that are looking for additional help in their wedding businesses, I can be contacted through email at brittany.hinderlider@gmail.com.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks!

desertrose in Los Angeles, California

70 months ago

Hi, I am seeking to become an assistant for a bridal consultant to gain more experience in the industry. I am currently in the process of completing a course in wedding and special events planning. Additionally, I have assisted in or organized big and small events, from weddings to bridal showers, bachelorette parties and more.

If there are any consultants around the Los Angeles area that are looking for additional help in their wedding businesses, I can be contacted through email at desertrose_mo@yahoo.com.

von in Los Angeles, California

70 months ago

Hi All Los Angeles planners!

I'm a freelance event planner from NYC (I took event planning classes there, planned events at Central Park, etc). I moved out to Los Angeles a little less than a year ago and was working full-time in another field. I just started to get back into planning events and would love to work with a partner if possible. If anyone is interested in working together, please email me and let's chat.

smiles - von
ynwallace@gmail.com

Karmen Norris in Sacramento, California

70 months ago

Hello!! I am extremely interested in becoming an event planner in the Sacramento area.. anyone know anyone hiring??? I have alot of experience doing small parties and I am extremely creative, I plan to start school hopefully in the Fall! Thanks!!

Erin Marie in Tallahassee, Florida

70 months ago

Mary Poston in Erie, Pennsylvania said: Email me at SimplyUnique021@hotmail.com

how do I get certified to be a wedding planner?

rachel.dake in Mebane, North Carolina

69 months ago

Like everyone else on this forum, I am interested in learning about the event planning industry. I am focused, hardworking, have an eye for detail, and I am hungry to learn. I am tireless and passionate, and all of my former employers would tell you that I am an asset to my team. If anyone has any leads in the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill area, please let me know. Thanks, Rachel.

rachel.dake@gmail.com

Heather in Los Angeles, California

69 months ago

j22 in Los Angeles, California said: Hi,

I just got married last month and got very very interested in wedding planning. Anybody interested in hiring an assistant /junior wedding planner in LA area?

I am looking for a wedding coordinator for the day of my wedding. The date is either 10/24/10 or 11/7/10. Please let me know if you are interested. wishesioi@hotmail.com

cara in North Hollywood, California

69 months ago

I am looking to start a career as a wedding planner. I have a BA in Communication and an MA in Corporate Communication. I have experience in marketing, public relations, communications, and event planning. I would like to work as an assistant for an established wedding planner in the Los Angeles area to learn the ropes of the industry. I am willing to work for free. Please let me know if you have an opportunity for me!

jenniferwalla in New Hampshire

69 months ago

Hello, Working is what I enjoy doing, I am a very dedicated employee and student, and ambition to proceed forward with my career in the hospitality industry! I have a strong aspiration to become an event planner and I feel as though having the opportunity to become a wedding or event planners assistant would be an incredible chance for me to grow and progress in my career. I want to relocate to New Hampshire, and am open to anywhere in the state! Please contact me if you are interest in an assistant for your company!

jennev in Sacramento, California

69 months ago

I am looking to find a job being an event planner in the El Dorado Hills, CA area.

Ce in Zelienople, Pennsylvania

69 months ago

Donna Flynn in Apollo, Pennsylvania said: I just recently got my wedding Consultant Certification. Being a big believer in getting as much training as possible, I am also working on my 2nd certification. If anyone is hiring, please let me know. I am really looking forward to starting my new career and would love to work for someone who is already established in the industry.

Thank you,
Donna Flynn

Hi Donna,
I am looking at various certification wedding programs online. I was interested in The Wedding Planning Institute until I read too many complaints online. The other program I was extremely interested in is at SuperWeddings.com. After reading this forum, it seems that you really liked their program. I just want to make sure I enroll in a program that is not a rip-off! Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

69 months ago

Ce in Zelienople, Pennsylvania said: Hi Donna,
I am looking at various certification wedding programs online. I was interested in The Wedding Planning Institute until I read too many complaints online. The other program I was extremely interested in is at SuperWeddings.com. After reading this forum, it seems that you really liked their program. I just want to make sure I enroll in a program that is not a rip-off! Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I loved the course itself. As I told the other person that asked me, the course is very in depth. Communication with the school & instructors was my only issue. If you do take the course, you have to be very persistent. Apparently, the other person that asked me to recommend a course had trouble getting in touch with them as well. They did eventually contact me (weeks later) after I sent several emails so I was relieved (I paid in full before I got the coursework)that I didn't waste my money. I learned my lesson and paid in payments the 2nd course I took. Other than that, I got a lot from the course and overall I felt it was worth it. I hope this helps you make your decision. It is tough with so many courses available.

Donna

Ce in Zelienople, Pennsylvania

69 months ago

Donna thank you so much for your input. I really appreciate your comments. As you mention, there are numerous coures available and it is extremely hard to determine what program is worth the time, effort, and money. Best of luck in your endeavors.

cheryl in San Diego, California

68 months ago

I recently moved to San Diego and am certified in wedding planning. I am looking to shadow an event planner in the San Diego area to learn more in the field. Please contact me I want to learn from the best.

Vasilios in Hempstead, New York

68 months ago

Hello Everyone , Im from Nyc And Want to be A wedding/Event planner In NYC anyone Hiring in NYC?

Antara in Toronto, Ontario

68 months ago

hi!My name is antara and i really want some experience in weddin planing.In the fiture i plan on studing event managment.So i really want some experiences.i even able to work for free as a vonleenteer.i am very creative and i love chalanges. i love wedding and sice i was a little girl i wanted to be a wedding planer<3

lynnelorenz in Templeton, Pennsylvania

68 months ago

Hi! I'm a senior Interior Design major at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Upon my graduation in May, I hope to enter the workforce either as an Interior Design or Event Planning Assistant. At this point, I'm more interested in positions that are relatively local (Indiana, Butler, Erie, etc.), but I'm not opposed to relocating to the Virginia Beach area. Any and all networking help would be greatly appreciated :)

Erin in Fort Myers, Florida

68 months ago

Hi All,

I have to say, it's fantastic to see so many people excited about event and wedding planning. Don't overlook networking with weddings photographers. I'm a Fort Myers Wedding Photographer leapyearphoto.com/blog/ and frequently recommend planners.

tracybrown in Richmond, Virginia

67 months ago

My name is Tracy Brown, residing in the Petersburg, Dinwiddie, Richmond, VA. Tri City area. I obtained my professional bridal consultant certificate online w/Honors via Ashworth College Institute in 2004. I even created a home business for a year. I am actively seeking part-time jobs in the wedding consultant profession. I am very eager to assist those in need of my services. I also have reference letters if required. Please contact me at your convenience. tracypumpkin@gmail.com

yuliaakopova in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

67 months ago

Hi, I am a student my major is Travel & Event Planning. I am looking for a job as an assistant of a professional event planner. Is there anyone who is hiring in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania or around?
Thank you in advance!

angief in Orange County, California

67 months ago

Hi. I have a BA in teaching but am pursuing my true passion of weddings! I have experience in flowers, wedding gowns, coordinating and decoration. I am looking to shadow a wedding planner or event planner in the Orange County area. See my website for more of my bio and experience. Thanks! www.angieflorence.com

laurenv in Mission Viejo, California

67 months ago

Hello, i live in orange county, ca and am interested in getting into event design.
I don't have any formal experience, but am looking into getting certified. I plan and design as many events as possible for friends/family, just for more experience. In my spare time i run a small shop on etsy where i sell handmade party and wedding goods (afabulousfete.etsy.com)
I'm looking for a local event/wedding planner that is hiring, please let me know if anyone is interested.

67 months ago

HI my wedding is Nov 21st 2010 and I need a wedding coordinator for the day of the wedding. This is not a big job. All of my vendors have more than 20 years of experience, and know what they are doing. Wedding starts at 5:00 p.m. there are 250 guests.
I need someone from 4:00 pm.
Tasks include receiving gifts, guiding the walking down the aisle, and placing the seating cards, time management. We have the hall until 2:00 am, I would like you to stay until 1:00/2:00 a.m. just so if something goes wrong, in case of emergency.
Please let me know if you are interested - I only need 2 people and the pay is $20 per hour for 9 or 10 hours. Tip will be added based on good results.

If you are interested send me an e-mail at wishesioi@hotmail.com Deadline November 10.

67 months ago

cara in North Hollywood, California said: I am looking to start a career as a wedding planner. I have a BA in Communication and an MA in Corporate Communication. I have experience in marketing, public relations, communications, and event planning. I would like to work as an assistant for an established wedding planner in the Los Angeles area to learn the ropes of the industry. I am willing to work for free. Please let me know if you have an opportunity for me!

HI my wedding is Nov 21st 2010 and I need a wedding coordinator for the day of the wedding. This is not a big job. All of my vendors have more than 20 years of experience, and know what they are doing. Wedding starts at 5:00 p.m. there are 250 guests.
I need someone from 4:00 pm.
Tasks include receiving gifts, guiding the walking down the aisle, and placing the seating cards, time management. We have the hall until 2:00 am, I would like you to stay until 1:00/2:00 a.m. just so if something goes wrong, in case of emergency.
Please let me know if you are interested - I only need 2 people and the pay is $20 per hour for 9 or 10 hours. Tip will be added based on good results.

If you are interested send me an e-mail at wishesioi@hotmail.com Deadline November 10.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.