Job Search Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Johnathan Luster in Salt Lake City, Utah

76 months ago

This is a question for current (new or seasoned) event planners: any recommendations on how to narrow a job search? I am an event planner with three years of experience coordinating events within higher education (such as new student orientation), and hope to relocate to Seattle, Portland, or San Francisco toward the end of this year.

The issue with my job search is that I seem to stumble on job openings instead of utilizing resources that allow me to search more strategically. I would be interested in learning about better strategies to search for event planning openings.

Thank you, Johnathan.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Plannerdude in West Linn, Oregon

76 months ago

Network, network, network. If you are able attend industry organization meetings such as MPI in Seattle, Portland and SF, meet up face to face and let people know you're looking. I'm currently in the Portland Oregon area and to be honest I'm not finding work here with 6 years experience in corporate and association conferences and trade shows. I will be relocating. I attended an MPI function in my new destination and believe it payed off as I'm getting tips on new opportunities.

Tim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.