Online Schools? Which ones are worth it?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 685)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Thom in Granby, Connecticut

72 months ago

If you want to learn from the pros, join your local chapter of ISES. It will be where all your local industry planners meet. Go to the mixers, take the courses, maybe intern. But it will be the one place you will meet all the various vendors related to special events. Good luck.

www.ises.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Ali in Grand Rapids, Michigan

70 months ago

Hi Shari,

I have not yet started it. I think those schools are great, but little high on their price. I am looking into another option: www.uscareerinstitute.com/weddingconsulting.asp

It looks great, and offers great lessons for the cheaper price. I am very much considering this one. I thought i would pass this site along.

-Ali

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Andri in Dearborn, Michigan

68 months ago

Hi Ali,

I was strongly considering enrolling in the QC School of Event Planning program until I saw your posting about US Career Institute. Thanks!

After researching US CI, I found it to be national accredited for online schools, something the other schools were not. I think US CI is the better choice and your right...the price is cheaper as well.

Have you enrolled either of the schools?

BTW - The ISES site has some great info for event professionals.

~ Andri

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Andri in Redford, Michigan

64 months ago

Chuka in Columbus, Indiana said: Hi, I was reading the notes and I was checking www.uscareerinstitute.com/weddingconsulting.asp
but the cost is the same as QC school event planning. Did you start? I would like to know more about this certification. Please let me know everything you have found.

Hi, No I haven't started yet. I'll still undecided on which school to attend. My biggest concern is the accreditation and value of certification. I will definitely keep you posted when I make a decision and/or get more info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Leah in Orlando, Florida

63 months ago

How much are the schools?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sheffield School in New York, New York

63 months ago

I am the student advisor for the Wedding and Event Planning course at the Sheffield School. We are licensed by the New York State Board of Education and accredited by the Distance Education Training Council.

You do not need any kind of certification or license to work in the event planning field, and you are eligible for professional memberships of your choice once you are practicing. Some professional organizations will accept student members as well.

I am happy to speak with anyone who is interested to explain the course offerings, as well as provide information on what it is like to work in the event industry.

Sincerely,
Caroline
www.sheffield.edu

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Chuka in Columbus, Indiana

63 months ago

Hi Caroline,

Thank you very much for that information. How may I contact you? I would like to know more about this area.

Irina

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Caroline in New York, New York

63 months ago

Hi Irina,

Nice to hear from you. You can reach me at wedding@sheffield.edu. You can also visit our website at www.sheffield.edu to learn about the school and our course offerings.

Sincerely,
Caroline
www.sheffield.edu

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Alm12345 in Bayville, New York

63 months ago

US event guide has a course where u can
combine 2 courses and they have low payment plans starting at $57 a month
im thinking about the event planning and wedding course

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

andri in Livonia, Michigan

63 months ago

Hi Caroline,

I have a few questions for you. First, does Sheffield have an accredited event planning program that will count towards getting certified through ISES? I am planning to pursue owning a business in Event Management, specializing in corporate, social, and celebrity events. What would you suggest to be the best route in getting experience in the event industry...internships, employment, etc.? Also, does Sheffield offer studies soley in Event Planning instead of Wedding and Event Planning?

Thank you in advance for any information that you may provide.

Regards,

Andri

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jamye Kennedy in Fort Bragg, North Carolina

63 months ago

Andri in Redford, Michigan said: Hi, No I haven't started yet. I'll still undecided on which school to attend. My biggest concern is the accreditation and value of certification. I will definitely keep you posted when I make a decision and/or get more info.

Did you get more information on the Sheffield school? It's funny because I've been researching the different schools and my main concern is the accreditation factor as well! Sheffield did not mention it on their website, as far as I could see; therefore, I had crossed them off my list until I saw this conversation. I had narrowed it down to QC school of Event Planning and US Career Institute. Just wondering if you found out anything interesting that may factor into my decision. Thanks for all your suggestions and comments!

~Jamye

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chuka in Connersville, Indiana

63 months ago

Hi,

I enrolled in U.S.carrer institute yesterday and I am very exited!!!!!!
I got my first lesson online and I think is nice. I will let you know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Thanks Chucka! I'm really wanting to review all my options this weekend and make a decision, so I can go ahead and enroll. I'm very excited as well!! I've only read great things about US carrer, but please let me know what you think of it. All opinions are welcome! Thanks again & good luck..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

andri in Novi, Michigan

63 months ago

Jamye Kennedy in Fort Bragg, North Carolina said: Did you get more information on the Sheffield school? It's funny because I've been researching the different schools and my main concern is the accreditation factor as well! Sheffield did not mention it on their website, as far as I could see; therefore, I had crossed them off my list until I saw this conversation. I had narrowed it down to QC school of Event Planning and US Career Institute. Just wondering if you found out anything interesting that may factor into my decision. Thanks for all your suggestions and comments!

~Jamye

Hi Jamye,

I looked at the Sheffield site, but didn't see anything about accreditation. Accreditation is very important to me because I want to get certified through the ISES organization. I know that ISES requires certain criteria to take the test and one of them was to go to an accredited school. George Washington University is a good choice, they have a master's of tourism program and a continuing education event management program. However, they are expense ($450 per class, total tuition is $3150) - that's the cost for distance learning, which is cheaper than on-campus. On the other hand, I read a few event planning books and this school was listed as being known for their event planning/management programs. They are listed as an accredited school with ISES as well.

You can them out at emp.gwu-aqe.org/info/emp-index (certification program) or business.gwu.edu/tourism/ (bachelor's and master's programs).

Let me know how US Career goes. I was really leaning towards them because they do give a certification and are inexpensive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chuka in Columbus, Indiana

63 months ago

Hi again,

U.S.carrer is certified and is not expensive. They are very nice and really care about students. I am studying and the classes are very easy to follow. I hope to finish the course in 4 month.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Caroline in New York, New York

63 months ago

Hello again to all from Sheffield!

We have realized recently that questions about accreditation and certification seem to be important to people considering a professional course in event planning. We are working to update our website on the issue, but in the meantime I wrote a thorough post about it on our school Forum. You can read it here: forum.sheffield.edu/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=210.

The most important thing to understand is that there is no required certification to work in the events industry. The professional organizations you mention are concerned that any school you attend is legitimate and licensed.

Sheffield is licensed by the New York State Board of Education and is accredited by the Distance Education Training Council. We are absolutely a formal, recognized school.

As a professional planner, I am happy to address any questions you might have about the industry or about our program.

All the best,
Caroline

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

andri in Novi, Michigan

63 months ago

A in Bronx, New York said: Yea I think I'm going to attend US career myself
It actually is cheaper
And the site seemed to have more info
Than Sheffield

After reviewing all schools in question...think I'm going with US Career as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

vintage_lover in Boca Raton, Florida

62 months ago

Ali in Grand Rapids, Michigan said: Hi,
I am in the process of looking for an online school with a course in Event/wedding planning. I came across these and would like some feedback on these schools. I would like to know if I am making the right decision. I am looking for something that has both Event and Wedding planning and would like a Certified certificate. Has anyone taken or heard anything worth while about these online schools and is it worth the money?

*Sheffield School in NY ( www.sheffield.edu/index.html )
*QC School of Event Planning ( www.qceventplanning.com/qcevent/ )

Or if you know of a online course that is great for its price please let me know

Thank you!
ali

Hi,
Can anyone give me advice on US Event Guide certified program? I am looking for a good school to take online Event planning coarses. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lynda in Palm Bay, Florida

62 months ago

I am interested in the Event/ Wedding Planning programs as well and was hoping that one or all of you who have already started the classes could give me some feedback on how the classes are working for you. I am also interested in starting my own business and if any of you are in the Central Florida area I would be interested in talking to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DC events in Arlington, Texas

61 months ago

Does anyone have any reviews on QC's program? Since I plan to own my own business I find the offer of business start up tools very tempting but I want to know how good the information if anyone here has enrolled and could provide feedback on QC that would be great!

Lynda in Palm Bay, Florida

61 months ago

DC events in Arlington, Texas said: Does anyone have any reviews on QC's program? Since I plan to own my own business I find the offer of business start up tools very tempting but I want to know how good the information if anyone here has enrolled and could provide feedback on QC that would be great!

I still haven't enrolled in a school. Instead opted to find a job right now since I couldn't get enough information about which program/s would be the best. I am still interested though, so if you get some information that you would like to share or decide on a school, please let me know!
Have a great day!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

justmae in Montgomery, Alabama

60 months ago

Hello everyone,
i am looking forward to going to school online as well and so far the schools that stand out the most are US careers an US event.I believe my choice will be US careers because they are inexpensive.

Kelli in Aurora, Colorado

60 months ago

DC events in Arlington, Texas said: Does anyone have any reviews on QC's program? Since I plan to own my own business I find the offer of business start up tools very tempting but I want to know how good the information if anyone here has enrolled and could provide feedback on QC that would be great!

I enrolled in the QC School of Event Planning. It has the lessons for event and wedding planning. All of my course materials should be arriving tomorrow. So far I like it. I got some of the lessons online and I like that they give different templates for how to plan and budget everything. I will let you know what everything looks like once I get it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Melissa Sherwin in Cobourg, Ontario

60 months ago

I am currently enrolled in the Wedding and Event Planning course at Sheffield School and just want to say that I LOVE IT!!! The lessons that I am getting are fantastic. All the information is extremely helpful and I am learning so much. I have my own Event Planning business and have had it for almost 2 years now. I am from a small town so I have not been able to take off with it like I would like to, so I am going to move to a city to pursue it. However in the 2 years that I have been doing it I have learned that if I had a certificate to back me up it would definitely help out a lot. I seem to have more and more potential clients asking if I am certified. Also when I tried to go for an Event planning job last year at a great banquet hall, I was 1 of the final 2 (out of just under 500 applicants) and the ONLY reason that I didn't get the job I was told was because I hadn't gone to school and the other girl had. I absolutely love the Sheffield School and the program that I am taking. My student advisor has been there to help me anytime that I had questions. I definitely give a great review on the Sheffield School Wedding and Event Planning Course!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Osh in Seattle, Washington

60 months ago

Hello all,

I see that some of you have already started the event planning careers, I've been looking into QC School of Event Planning. So Kelli I was wondering how it's going for you. I do plan on pursuing my own business and it seems like they offer a lot of support. I definitely don't mind doing the work as long as it's worth it. I know it's only been a few days for you but how is it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

D2DEventplanning in Lorton, Virginia

60 months ago

Ali in Grand Rapids, Michigan said: Hi,
I am in the process of looking for an online school with a course in Event/wedding planning. I came across these and would like some feedback on these schools. I would like to know if I am making the right decision. I am looking for something that has both Event and Wedding planning and would like a Certified certificate. Has anyone taken or heard anything worth while about these online schools and is it worth the money?

*Sheffield School in NY ( www.sheffield.edu/index.html )
*QC School of Event Planning ( www.qceventplanning.com/qcevent/ )

Or if you know of a online course that is great for its price please let me know

Thank you!
ali

Hey Ali,

I am in the process of completing the course at QC Event Planning Course, it is a wonderful course and have enjoyed it very much, looking forward to getting my certification. This school provides a free website, IEWP seal and will add you to the international posting for event planners. The staff there is wonderful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Melissa Sherwin in Cobourg, Ontario

60 months ago

I am currently taking the Event and Wedding Planning course through Sheffield and LOVE the school and course. It is the only course that offers a virtual internship at the end which really helps with hands on learning and experience. The staff are fantastic. You get a certificate at the end of it. You get your own student advisor to help you with any questions that you may have. I have recommended this course to many people and will continue to recommend it to anyone in the future.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

D2DEventplanning in Lorton, Virginia

60 months ago

Kelli in Aurora, Colorado said: I enrolled in the QC School of Event Planning. It has the lessons for event and wedding planning. All of my course materials should be arriving tomorrow. So far I like it. I got some of the lessons online and I like that they give different templates for how to plan and budget everything. I will let you know what everything looks like once I get it.

I hope that you enjoy the course, I'm almost at the end of it and I found it challenging, and fun. A lot of great information. Be encourage, stay focused and consistent with the assignments. In the end it will be all worth the work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

AM in Massapequa, New York

60 months ago

im debating on either US event guide or Sheffield but i don't know what Sheffield costs theres no info on there site

Bonita in Belleville, Michigan

59 months ago

Hi I am interested in any feedback anyone could give me on the QC Event and Wedding Planning School. I am getting ready to enroll in their online course and wanted to know how the program was. Any feedback whether positive or negative would be helpful.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Hi!

I am currently enrolled in the QC course and I'm about half way done. I have to say it has been VERY helpful! The people are great and resourceful. I like the fact that I can do it at my own pace. I really do enjoy it, but the main thing is once I'm complete I hope it will help me be more marketable as an event planner when it comes to finding a job.

Good luck in the program!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

mairion93 in Norfolk, Virginia

59 months ago

Jamye Kennedy in Fort Bragg, North Carolina said: Hi!

I am currently enrolled in the QC course and I'm about half way done. I have to say it has been VERY helpful! The people are great and resourceful. I like the fact that I can do it at my own pace. I really do enjoy it, but the main thing is once I'm complete I hope it will help me be more marketable as an event planner when it comes to finding a job.

Good luck in the program!

I am on Unit E, almost done. It has been great!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

mairion93 in Norfolk, Virginia

59 months ago

I am close to the end, the material is excellent and have enjoyed it very much. I lot of useful information. Good luck!

glorygc980 in Frisco, Texas

59 months ago

Oh i am so happy i found this website! I'm so hesitant to enroll in an online school because i'm afraid it is a scam. But Thank you all for all your comments.They really helped! I couldn't decide on a school and all your info has helped me a lot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

LeeAnnC in Vienna, Virginia

59 months ago

Caroline in New York, New York said: Hello again to all from Sheffield!

We have realized recently that questions about accreditation and certification seem to be important to people considering a professional course in event planning. We are working to update our website on the issue, but in the meantime I wrote a thorough post about it on our school Forum. You can read it here: forum.sheffield.edu/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=210 .

The most important thing to understand is that there is no required certification to work in the events industry. The professional organizations you mention are concerned that any school you attend is legitimate and licensed.

Sheffield is licensed by the New York State Board of Education and is accredited by the Distance Education Training Council. We are absolutely a formal, recognized school.

As a professional planner, I am happy to address any questions you might have about the industry or about our program.

All the best,
Caroline

Hi Caroline,

Could you describe the virtual internship at Sheffield?

Thanks,
Lee Ann

AM in Syosset, New York

59 months ago

hey i just enrolled about 5 mins ago at Sheffield and i am so scared lol it took months to pick a school and Sheffield was the best choice for me and i love that its a real certificate and that they are in NY
i keep hearing from event planners that i know that people are now asking if you have a certificate and some wont hire you unless u have one i know its not required but it def looks good to people that may want to hire you and i think in the future its going to be required
but thats just me lol

Sheffield here i come!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Caroline

59 months ago

LeeAnnC in Vienna, Virginia said: Hi Caroline,

Could you describe the virtual internship at Sheffield?

Thanks,
Lee Ann

Hi Lee Ann,

Thanks for your query. The "Virtual Internship" refers to the final Units of the course. Unlike the prior Units, the last units are comprised of a series of detailed case studies taken from real life professional experiences of the course developers.

Students are tested on everything they have acquired from the course, as well as their ability to respond to specific details and situations. Students generate written responses to each case study, including budgets, sample emails, decor plans, and contracts. The final submissions are professionally evaluated and returned to the student.

I hope that clarifies the "Virtual Internship" for you. Thanks again for your interest, and do not hesitate to contact me with other questions or concerns.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Caroline

59 months ago

AM in Syosset, New York said: hey i just enrolled about 5 mins ago at Sheffield and i am so scared lol it took months to pick a school and Sheffield was the best choice for me and i love that its a real certificate and that they are in NY
i keep hearing from event planners that i know that people are now asking if you have a certificate and some wont hire you unless u have one i know its not required but it def looks good to people that may want to hire you and i think in the future its going to be required
but thats just me lol

Sheffield here i come!

Hi AM!

Welcome to Sheffield! We are so glad to have you. Don't be scared! I think you will really enjoy it.

I am the student advisor so please feel free to contact me any time at the school if you have any questions or concerns.

All the best,
Caroline

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Amber in Salem, Massachusetts

59 months ago

I'm debating between Sheffield and US Careers...

US Careers seems attractive because of the cost, but their lesson plans don't seem as interesting as the one's from Sheffield. It looks like I could complete the course quicker than at Sheffield, but does that mean that the information is lower quality? I was happy to see that US Careers covers the legal side of things in their coursework.

Sheffield looks great and represent themselves well on the site. I saw that there is a plan for only $45 a month for 26 months (which is the lowest I've seen for monthly payments). It looks like it takes longer to complete than the coursework at US Careers. I also didn't see anything about the laws and legal side of the business on the Sheffield page...

And, as for ISES, why is that important, it's so expensive for the yearly membership... and what would I need to get a membership? Doesn't take at least 3 years of even planning experience?

It's a tough decision! But I know it's definitely what I want to do, just need to pick a school! I want to get started right away!

Has anyone completed the courses at either school? Any complaints or compliments?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Am in Fort Washington, Maryland

59 months ago

I know how u feel I had to choose between 3 schools
And Sheffield seemed better for me
And I liked that they have virtual internship
And it's a real school with a real certificate
And u even get a student ID which u can get discounts
And some places.
I went to Penn foster before and it wasn't anything like
Sheffield and there books and beautiful
And easy to read. I just started yesterday
And so far I think it's a great school

Goodluck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Aly22 in Paducah, Kentucky

59 months ago

I have been looking into all of these schools as well. I found this one and wondered if any of you had heard of it/knew anything about it. Its the International School of Hospitality.
tisoh.com/department.asp?department_id=1

Some of the others seem mainly centered around Wedding Planning and that is not really what I am wanting to do. I have looked into some colleges/universities and since I already have a degree (in Sociology) I don't think I want to spend that kind of money again.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Noell Marie in Upper Marlboro, Maryland

59 months ago

sdL said: hi, I started one of the schools and I didnt finish..it just didn't fit what I trying to accomplish I didn't get the feel I was going to school for event planning. but the good thing is for the 1st session they didn't charge me...i've since start kaplan for hospitality ...and I love it..

Which school did you start but didn't finish? I want to make sure I don't sign up with that one!

glorygc980 in Bedford, Texas

59 months ago

I acctually decided to go with Ashworth but it's a bridal consultant program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Norcross, Georgia

58 months ago

* The National Bridal Association is an organization of more than 1,200 independently owned businesses, including wedding consultants. It offers the Weddings Beautiful Worldwide home-study training program for consultants who are interested in starting a business or who wish to augment their knowledge. The program consists of 18 specialized assignments. Upon completion of the coursework, students receive a certified wedding specialist certificate. The course costs $495 and includes review and grading of assignments by a Weddings Beautiful specialist.

www.weddingsbeautiful.com/WeddingsBeautifulIndigo/Home.html

Tiffany in Norcross, Georgia

58 months ago

*LWPI's Certification teaches the basic fundamentals of planning, orchestrating, and delivering social events.

From weddings and anniversaries to birthdays and baby showers, LWPI's detailed step-by-step methodology teaches clear and concise formulas for detailing the personal and professional aspects of any social event.

Once a student has grasped the basic fundamental process for planning events, they next learn to implement textbook principals in real-world applications.

Vendor and client relationship management is taught in a comprehensive, comfortable environment, allowing students to develop their own style of communications.

Utilizing over 150 business templates and other resource documents, students gain business acumen to complement their wedding planning talents.

Company tools such as contracts, business plans, fee structures, service offerings, and much more are learned and developed for practical application upon graduation All graduates of LWPI's Wedding & Event Planning Certification qualify to apply for a six (6) month internship that is customized to the student's career objectives and goals.
The online course tuition is $1195 ($995.00 pay in full discount). This Wedding & Event Planning Certification Course can be taken at anytime online and students have up to 6 months to complete this ten (10) week course.
*** Can be taken online or at local colleges***

www.weddingplanninginstitute.com

LaKesha in Houston, Texas

58 months ago

I will be starting QC Event and Wedding Planning soon and i didn't just do research i also called some of the students myself to see what their experience was like at QC. The students said that the school was great and that any and everytime they had a question after they graduated they were still there to help. They also said that after taking the course they weren't afraid to start their own business because the course was so interactive where you actually called vendors as a part of your homework and called event companies with different questions as if you were actually working at your own company. They provide you with templates and sample contracts that you can use for your own business and you can add and remove whatever you want from them. I know everyone is trying to go for the more inexpensive route but always remember you get what you pay for. Also if you want to call some of the students of QC, the site have their information and you can call them. I'm really excited about starting because i want to be well prepared for this industry and have not just a great but successful event and wedding planning company as well. I hope i helped. Good luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No Reply - Report abuse

LaKesha in Houston, Texas

58 months ago

Tiffany in Norcross, Georgia said: * Founded in 1981, the Association of Bridal Consultants (ABC) is an international trade association with 2,400 members worldwide. It offers members three professional designations (these are not certifications): Professional Bridal Consultant, Accredited Bridal Consultant and Master Bridal Consultant. It takes at least six years to reach the senior level.
Training begins with a five-part home study program with coursework in etiquette, sales, marketing, the wedding day, related services, planning and consulting. The cost of the five-part program is $340; it's also possible to take each course individually at a cost of $85 apiece (plus $90 for the start-up manual). Membership dues are $215 annually (with a $30 one-time application fee), although most new consultants can qualify for the $140 novice rate.

www.bridalassn.com/takeourcore.aspx

I checked them out and you have to be a member to take their course, that was my only problem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Melissa in Poquoson, Virginia

58 months ago

I just planned a baby shower for a friend on virtually no budget. I've been doing event planning for years but never considered making it a career until my friend suggested it. After seeing how amazed everyone was with the shower given my budget, I've started thinking about it seriously. I realized that between showers, weddings, birthday parties, fundraisers, organization events and the like, I actually have tons of experience in the field already.

Between that and my experience with running my own business, I think I could really make a go of event planning professionally. That said, I'm a firm believer in education. I feel I have solid base knowledge, but there's still so much I don't know.

I've been researching schools for the last few days, and so far I'm most impressed with the QC website. I like that it's comprehensive and gives prospective students all the information right up front. I am very busy and would rather not give my information to a school only to be plagued with calls and emails from a school that doesn't fit my needs.

Any feedback you guys can provide on programs you liked or didn't like and why would be greatly appreciated.

D.Cager in Houston, Texas

58 months ago

Kelli in Aurora, Colorado said: I enrolled in the QC School of Event Planning. It has the lessons for event and wedding planning. All of my course materials should be arriving tomorrow. So far I like it. I got some of the lessons online and I like that they give different templates for how to plan and budget everything. I will let you know what everything looks like once I get it.

I read your post and was curious to know how QC School of Event Planning was working out? I've been trying to decide which school would be the best one to enroll into , do you have any insite?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Danyelle in Houston, Texas

58 months ago

LaKesha in Houston, Texas said: I will be starting QC Event and Wedding Planning soon and i didn't just do research i also called some of the students myself to see what their experience was like at QC. The students said that the school was great and that any and everytime they had a question after they graduated they were still there to help. They also said that after taking the course they weren't afraid to start their own business because the course was so interactive where you actually called vendors as a part of your homework and called event companies with different questions as if you were actually working at your own company. They provide you with templates and sample contracts that you can use for your own business and you can add and remove whatever you want from them. I know everyone is trying to go for the more inexpensive route but always remember you get what you pay for. Also if you want to call some of the students of QC, the site have their information and you can call them. I'm really excited about starting because i want to be well prepared for this industry and have not just a great but successful event and wedding planning company as well. I hope i helped. Good luck!!!

Yes , you have been very helpful . I've been undecided for awhile on which school would be the best to enroll in. Good Luck. I keep in contact to find out how the classes are going.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.