Starting out

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Jennifer in Montgomery, Illinois

70 months ago

I am extremly interested in being a part of the event planning industry. I have looked into schools and found U.S. Career Institute. It will cost about 1K and can be completed in as little as four months. It will be online courses. Does anyone have any advice whether this will be worth my time and money or if I should try to find a job in the industry and get started. The problem I am having is finding available jobs in my area. The ultimate goal will be to one day own my own event planning business. Thank you for any advice you can offer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kathy S. in Tunnel Hill, Georgia

67 months ago

Jennifer in Montgomery, Illinois said: I am extremly interested in being a part of the event planning industry. I have looked into schools and found U.S. Career Institute. It will cost about 1K and can be completed in as little as four months. It will be online courses. Does anyone have any advice whether this will be worth my time and money or if I should try to find a job in the industry and get started. The problem I am having is finding available jobs in my area. The ultimate goal will be to one day own my own event planning business. Thank you for any advice you can offer.

Jennifer:
I just complested the U.S. Career Institute classes on line. I made a deposit on the program and got 1 year interest free payments. The program was very helpful, some things you will already know and other things were very enlightening and will be very useful. The school is easy to access on line and by phone. I am happy I followed thru and completed the program.

I would love to start my own business but have not started advertising. I am hopeful that soon I will be doing what I love to do ...plan.
Kathy

Deborah Wisterman in Detroit, Michigan

67 months ago

I'm currently looking for a position in Event Planning/Conferences and I'm really struggling. I graduated from Central Michigan University with a degree in Recreation, Parks and Leisure Services Administration in May 2008. I'm willing to move from Michigan to pretty much anywhere but my main search has been in Chicago, IL. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.