wedding planning

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Nicole in Worcester, Massachusetts

65 months ago

Hi. I am currently looking to change my career and have always been interested in wedding/event planning. I would like to get my cerificate, but first I wanted to try it out to see if it is something I really want to do. I am more than willing to work at the very bottom, just to get a feel for how things work. HOwever, the problem is I don't know how to start at the bottom! Does anyone have any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Caroline in Asheboro, North Carolina

65 months ago

Nicole in Worcester, Massachusetts said: Hi. I am currently looking to change my career and have always been interested in wedding/event planning. I would like to get my cerificate, but first I wanted to try it out to see if it is something I really want to do. I am more than willing to work at the very bottom, just to get a feel for how things work. HOwever, the problem is I don't know how to start at the bottom! Does anyone have any advice?

Hello! I am majoring in Hospitality & Tourism Management and have one semester left until i'm done with my degree. One bit of information that I just want to pass along, is that it's good that you know that you must start at the bottom to really get anywhere. You would be surprised how many people don't realize that. That being said though, if there are no part time positions available, you could always try to intern at your company of choice. Event and wedding planners are incorporated into a wide variety of businesses - you could look into hotels, catering companies, most large business (they have their own planners) or the individually owned planning companies. Granted, any part time or interning position will probably consist of doing a lot of the grunt work, but if you enjoy the job and the company and they also 'like' you, then there is a definite possibility for you to work your way up into a 'planning' position. Best of luck, hope this helped some!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.