wedding planning

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

katie in Great Falls, Montana

91 months ago

I just recently graduated to become a wedding planner. I am mostly interested in working underneath a firm before ever going out on my own. Or even perhaps just staying with a firm. I am really interested in how to start my career going and I have been doing an internship, however, I am still wondering if I should do an internship underneath a firm first. I would love feedback on what i should do next!
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

italianwedding in New York, New York

91 months ago

Wedding Italy: getting married in Rome

After the normal period of engagement it's time to find the right place to get married. Everyone who is invited to the italian weddings should understand and encourage the couple to spend their honeymoon in Italy which is full of castles and churches.
One of the most perfect places to get married in Italy is Rome, which actually has more than 6 hundreds churches and if you plan your bridal ceremony in advance you can also get married in the Vatican, that means saint Peter's basilica in the vatican city.
A wedding in Italy is still a chance to add prestige to your life and an unforgettable memory to your descent.
It's important that you acquire the latest information regarding legal and religious requirements for getting married in Italy, as they may change at different times.
To have more tips on how to get married in Italy please visit www.claudiaruffodicalabria.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

marianna in Bronx, New York

90 months ago

katie in Great Falls, Montana said: I just recently graduated to become a wedding planner. I am mostly interested in working underneath a firm before ever going out on my own. Or even perhaps just staying with a firm. I am really interested in how to start my career going and I have been doing an internship, however, I am still wondering if I should do an internship underneath a firm first. I would love feedback on what i should do next!
Thanks

Katie- as a former BRIDAL CONSULTANT, which is different than a planner, I know that it is important for you to create your own "style" and approach to making each facet memorable to everyone in attendance especially the couple! KEEP CURRENT! Read everything and keep all you contacts and information incredibly neat and organized. You wont believe how calming it is for the couple to see someone who has it all together which I am sure you do!It is very important to jump in to work with someone who you could admire.....Magazines mention businesses. Call them, see if you can set up a small appointment. Have a portfolio ready so that you can show how prepared you really are! ok?
Best Wishes!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

parome in New York, New York

80 months ago

Starting out in NY-and I'm Looking for event planners in the area, with the following requirements:

-females, ages 20-25.
-2+ years of experience.
-bilingual- english/spanish a plus.

*salary: based on a percentage per event.

visit the website at www.parome.com (website under construction).

Janine

78 months ago

marianna in Bronx, New York said: Katie- as a former BRIDAL CONSULTANT, which is different than a planner, I know that it is important for you to create your own "style" and approach to making each facet memorable to everyone in attendance especially the couple! KEEP CURRENT! Read everything and keep all you contacts and information incredibly neat and organized. You wont believe how calming it is for the couple to see someone who has it all together which I am sure you do!It is very important to jump in to work with someone who you could admire.....Magazines mention businesses. Call them, see if you can set up a small appointment. Have a portfolio ready so that you can show how prepared you really are! ok?
Best Wishes!

Marianna... just wondering what the factual difference is between and bridal planner and consultant? How did u get started... did u get certified, take courses, etc.? And also... as someone getting started in the business (im inquiring about it) do u recommend it as a professional career. This has all started because I truly love it and im really good at it... but i was going to school for something else.

Marianna in Huntington Station, New York

78 months ago

The factual differences between a consultant and a planner are as follows:

The consultant RARELY is on the scene like J LO. (Although I have been hired to do just that which is really a very difficult and demanding responsibility). Did I say if ws demanding?? The consultant is educated through his/her work through the bridal industry and retail to educate the couple on what is needed for their home and for their lives as they begin preparing for a future of love, fun, daily cooking, entertaining etc.

The consultant,like myself, may start off in a field where HELPING others and LISTENING to others is of primary importance. I am a therapist. I also worked in the hotel industry as a Concierge( also very demanding). The consultant drives sales for the stroe they represent..by helping the couple pick items for their gift registry. They are there to promote certain vedndors for pictures, flowers etc. that the store may endorse. This consultant is there to answer as many questions as they can while NOT going to the point of making the appointments, going along to meet with everyone, recording all the necessary details and draw pictures etc.

The consultant can learn on the job so to speak but reading wedding magazines ans knowing what the current trends are is very helpful as well. I know that being the consultant also means interacting with the bride and the groom's families. One has to be very diplomatic and very calm in situations where they are BEING TOLD what is right even though it may not be true.
Guide gently, know your product and smile a lot.

Best Wishes for Happiness.

Thelma in Gaborone, Botswana

73 months ago

Hello

I would like to know if i can make my application from as far as Africa?

Lucy in Hialeah, Florida

70 months ago

marianna in Bronx, New York said: Katie- as a former BRIDAL CONSULTANT, which is different than a planner, I know that it is important for you to create your own "style" and approach to making each facet memorable to everyone in attendance especially the couple! KEEP CURRENT! Read everything and keep all you contacts and information incredibly neat and organized. You wont believe how calming it is for the couple to see someone who has it all together which I am sure you do!It is very important to jump in to work with someone who you could admire.....Magazines mention businesses. Call them, see if you can set up a small appointment. Have a portfolio ready so that you can show how prepared you really are! ok?
Best Wishes!

Hello Mariana, had a question on bridal consulting vs planning. What's the typical day for both? Which can charge more? Im looking into possibly becoming a planner but Im not sure if Im willing to give up my weekends for this. Can u please give me some insight? Thanks

Lucy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.