Executive Assistants Who are Incentive Bonus Eligible

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Wendy Burns in Austin, Texas

29 months ago

I work for a very large company with numerous salary grade levels. There are some levels that qualify for incentive bonus and some that do not. Unfortunately, mine is one of the levels that does not qualify. I am a senior executive assistant and I'm attempting to build a case that all salary grade levels at the corporate headquarters should be bonus eligible.

The way it makes the "ineligibles" feel is that we didn't work as hard as the "eligibles" so we don't qualify for bonus. That's just not right.

My question is to all the executive assistants (or administrative assistants or senior EA/AA) is simply this: In your position as an assistant, are you paid an incentive bonus? Yes/No

Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sandee in Minneapolis, Minnesota

29 months ago

Wendy, I worked for a company for 5.5 years and started about with a 10% bonus half based on my personal MBO's for the year and the other half on the company meeting it's goals. I then started to manage the receptionist and was bumped up to a 20% bonus due to the managing piece. It was very generous. I have found through recent interviews that other companies do indeed offer bonuses for executive assistants and/or all employees. One recent company said I would be eligible for a 5% bonus.

I agree with you wholeheartedly that "everyone" should be eligible for a bonus. Everyone contributes towards the goals of the company - no matter what their role. Last I heard it was called TEAMWORK!

Have a great day!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Darlene510 in Trenton, New Jersey

28 months ago

Yes. I have 15 years experience and have worked in the financial services field for the past 8 years. During that time, my bonuses have increase significantly from 1.5% to almost 30%. I have been very lucky to join large firms, who have been profitable and worked for very senior level individuals. I secured a new job last August, and during my search met with several companies and recruiters I found several roles which had a strong base salary and included 10-30% bonus ranges for their Administrative staff.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.