Interview Preparation

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming executive assistant interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

Maria in Smyrna, Georgia

84 months ago

Research the company, the executives, the person you are interviewing to work for. If they are public look up their SEC filing, know who their competitors are, etc. Buy a black skirt suit, white shirt, light makeup, minimal jewerly and no perfume. Have prepared questions written down and when asked if you have questions (and you will be), you pull your list out and say yes I do!! Arrive at least 15-minutes early, be polite to every single person you meet or pass in the hall, and make sure you look them in the eye.

Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Elisha in Calgary, Alberta

84 months ago

I believe a good question to think about is "Why do you stand out above other Executive Assistants"?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jay Kashyap in New Delhi, India

80 months ago

I am 23 year old and I have not exeprience. I am graduate in B.A. (Pass) stream from Delhi University (India). Last year I have completed a one year P.G. Diploma in Office Management. One year passes away but still I am not able to get any job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nina in New Delhi, India

80 months ago

Jay Kashyap in New Delhi, India said: I am 23 year old and I have not exeprience. I am graduate in B.A. (Pass) stream from Delhi University (India). Last year I have completed a one year P.G. Diploma in Office Management. One year passes away but still I am not able to get any job.

You are not getting the job because whoever hires and ex. assistant would want to totally depend on him / her but you being a fresher the hirer would be hesistant..
you may want to start with a steno job. move on after 6 months or start work as a temporary employee or assist an executive assistant first.. it will be lot easier...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Annette in New Delhi, India

70 months ago

Jay Kashyap in New Delhi, India said: I am 23 year old and I have not exeprience. I am graduate in B.A. (Pass) stream from Delhi University (India). Last year I have completed a one year P.G. Diploma in Office Management. One year passes away but still I am not able to get any job.

hi! Jay....dont give up....keep browsing the portals and go to www.indeed.com and ask for weekly/bi-weekly updates...also recruit.net...i have seen many jobs where they are looking ONLY for freshers....try the diplomatic missions, banks, etc...try and work for a well-known brand so you have a rich CV in years to come and something that would help you in your next job search. All the best!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie23 in Middletown, New York

70 months ago

I had a coffee mug custom made on Zazzle. It says "I Just Hired Stephanie Vanacore and Got and AMAZING Employee AND this Mug!". So, in hopes that I ever have an interview again, I have only been able to land 2 in 6 months. I find that I am not as strong in closing the interview, after the interviewer asks if the applicant has any questions. After asking all the important questions about the company and the position, my final question will be "When will I know if you will be the recipient of this mug?". I know that jokes and being silly should not be part of an interview but when there are sooo many people going for the same job, I want to stand out and at least get a chuckle. I am looking forward to see how it works. If it backfires and the interviewer doesnt have a sense of humor, I dont want to work for them anyway!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.