The best part is...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

What do you enjoy most about executive assistant work? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

P Witkamp in El Segundo, California

84 months ago

Unfortunately, I feel trapped in my job. I like most of the people I work with but the compensation is below industry standard. Not being compensated for one's level of work and expertise is probably my greatest disappointment. The days of showing your employees appreciation for a job well done are gone. The days of instituting motivational programs so anyone can advance with the company are gone too.

Sorry, but I don't think much of corporate America.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

E MacKay in Airdrie, Alberta

84 months ago

Host said: What do you enjoy most about executive assistant work? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Knowing I'm appreciated. The people I work with daily. Having enough work to keep me busy, which helps to make my time at work pass by quickly. Since I've been in my current position for a few years I wouldn't say the work I do is all that challenging, but I'm okay with that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Carla in Malden, Massachusetts

83 months ago

I love love love working as an Executive Assistant, you're exposed to so much more than a department's worth of knowledge. Now if I could just find a job.

Lynne in Charlotte, North Carolina

83 months ago

I also loved being an Executive Assistant until I moved to Charlotte and became the right hand of a top executive for the government that is disfunctional, has a weird smell and is a slob.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Carla in Boston, Massachusetts

83 months ago

Shame on you....government officials are the worse-ESPECIALLY Southern ones

P Witkamp in El Segundo, California

83 months ago

Try working in New York City. You get yelled at, threatened, insulted every day. The Northeast of the U.S. is considered the most abusive to employees anywhere in the U.S.

Being an Admin Ass't, in general, from my experience, is not a job to have if you expect to be treated with respect--30 years ago "secretaries" were held in high esteem. Today it's the complete opposite.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.