Interview Preparation

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming executive chef interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

Mark Pedraza in Palm Bay, Florida

75 months ago

Food Cost, Food Cost, and Food Cost. Have a good history with it and be able to keep a staff, or kiss your butt good-bye. Keep food simple and great. Complicated menus make your cooks miserable and your wait staff confused.(and it raises the food cost) Remember; if you can't sell the food, you have to eat it or throw it away. Nobody wants a fat wasteful chef. So once again, kiss your butt good-bye. Mark Pedraza

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

varun in Bangalore, India

69 months ago

Khumar in Baku, Azerbaijan said: I need to get few tips for the interview with the Celebrity Chef- a 5 star hotel's General Manager cooking at one of the hotel's restaurant

I want to have few good tips for prepartaion of an interview for a G.M of a 5 star hotel

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Alex in Conroe, Texas

50 months ago

varun in Bangalore, India said: I want to have few good tips for prepartaion of an interview for a G.M of a 5 star hotel

Just be yourself, be calm and try to be open to anything.

If they ask you to cook other day, don't bother to ask for some special ingredients because they will not have them for you, use what they already have and study the kind of presentation and plating of dishes of that company.

The best option is to forward a thank you email the day after the interview.

Never proyect a sense of urgency for the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.