What are the best executive personal assistant qualifications and training to get ahead?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

What is the best training for becoming an executive personal assistant? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective executive personal assistant?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

Reply - Report abuse

hope kirunge in Cambridge, Massachusetts

90 months ago

Attention to detail
Excellent communication,interaction with clients
Up to date computer skills

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Wynn in Birmingham, Alabama

76 months ago

I am an executive personal assistant and I never thought about being one until circumstances found me looking for a job. When I applied, I knew I could do it. So here is my advice: You must be a detail oriented person, yet very personable and outgoing. You need to know how to speak to people from all different walks of like in a professional manner. And you need to be very patient. Most people you will be assisting are people who weld much power, money, etc. They are not generally very forgiving of mistakes. They depend on you to "make it happen". As for me.....I have always had an extremely meticulous organization Type A personality (hereditary), yet I am also creative. My previous careers include: working as a sound engineer in a recording studio, technical director at a tv station and Office Manager for a construction firm. I stay on top of all the lates software that most businesses use and am always looking to learn something new. I have both a degree in Music and Business. I am a very multi-faceted personality and an accomplished singer/musician. I think key to being a good executive personal assistant is being able to multi-task and being a problem solver. The rewards can be great but then you are always at someone elses beck and call. It does have it's drawbacks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ac in Birmingham, Alabama

75 months ago

Is part of the job talking about yourself??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Aaron in Wichita, Kansas

65 months ago

hope kirunge in Cambridge, Massachusetts said: Attention to detail

Aaron Smith needing to get a hold of Hope kirunge

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Aaron in Wichita, Kansas

65 months ago

Please contact me hope at your earliest convienience

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Aaron Smith in Wichita, Kansas

52 months ago

hope kirunge in Cambridge, Massachusetts said: Attention to detail

Is this Hope Kirunge Smith. If it is please contact me at aasmith293@yahoo.com. If not sorry!! Aaron Smith

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.