Fashion Designer available for interviews/mentoring

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 63)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Decadence in California

54 months ago

Hi! I stumbled upon this forum page. I'm a professional fashion designer, who has quickly built up my career and I would like to give back to the community. I know how hard it is to be a young aspiring designer and not having anyone to get advice from. Like many of the commenters in this forum have suggested, I am a graduate of (F.I.T.) Fashion Institute of Technology in New York, NY. I've worked at London and New York fashion companies and now in California.

While I am very busy with my job, I'd like to be able to help out one or some of you by answering your questions about the fashion design field. It would be an honor to be of some guidance.

Please reply with your situation and a contact email, if you're truly passionate about learning more about this industry. No sugar coating here!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Tinnia in Cupertino, California

54 months ago

Hi !! Fashion design is the biggest dream in my life. I really have a great passion for fashion. However, I do not know where I have to begin. My email: tinnia0707@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Florence in San Diego, California

54 months ago

I recently just turned down an internship with Anna Sui in NY for personal reasons. While I am grateful for the position in retail they offered me, I was looking for something more having to do with the production or design of THE STORE...like store mapping or styling even. How do I get into that? Thanks!

Florence
florence717@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Edwin Emerson in Grand Rapids, Michigan

50 months ago

Decadence in California said: Hi! I stumbled upon this forum page. I'm a professional fashion designer, who has quickly built up my career and I would like to give back to the community. I know how hard it is to be a young aspiring designer and not having anyone to get advice from. Like many of the commenters in this forum have suggested, I am a graduate of (F.I.T.) Fashion Institute of Technology in New York, NY. I've worked at London and New York fashion companies and now in California.

While I am very busy with my job, I'd like to be able to help out one or some of you by answering your questions about the fashion design field. It would be an honor to be of some guidance.

Please reply with your situation and a contact email, if you're truly passionate about learning more about this industry. No sugar coating here!

I am interested in starting a high fashion golf apparel line and have many questions. Are you still giving advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sam in London, United Kingdom

46 months ago

Are you an up and coming fashion clothing/accessories designer whose designs range between being high street to high end? Can your brand sit well in between Matthew Williamson and Twenty8Twelve? If Yes, we would love to hear from you. We are a new online boutique who are looking to do business with new on trend brands. Please forward us a portfolio of your latest work along with contact details for yourself. theonlineboutique1@hotmail.co.uk

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sarahjagers in Clarksville, Tennessee

46 months ago

Decadence in California said: Hi! I stumbled upon this forum page. I'm a professional fashion designer, who has quickly built up my career and I would like to give back to the community. I know how hard it is to be a young aspiring designer and not having anyone to get advice from. Like many of the commenters in this forum have suggested, I am a graduate of (F.I.T.) Fashion Institute of Technology in New York, NY. I've worked at London and New York fashion companies and now in California.

thank you for the interview

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Janira H in Los Angeles, California

46 months ago

HI, I've worked as a Retail Associate since I was a teenager. I use to design & manage a clothing boutique on Melrose named Deviation Dress in Peace. I love anything that involves Fashion. I am interested in becoming a Fashion Stylist but I have no idea as how to begin. Can you can give me some advice. I would really appreciate it.
Thank you,
Janira Hernandez

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sharon n in Toledo, Ohio

43 months ago

hi, i'm looking for a patternmaker to design pattern from my original rough draft designs. who should I look for being a emerging fashion designer? Also someone to create a professional look from my prototype after copyright is completed. I also need a mentor,

Jessa in Manila, Philippines

41 months ago

Hi there I'm jessa Took up fashion designing and dress making back in college, 6 yrs ago. haven't finish the said course, however I'm really talented with it, no bragging^_^ Now I want to continue it however alot of new designer students come from different schools and parameters are becoming high to become a designer, I just want to show the things that I have in mind when it comes to fashion, I'm more on visual btw. so basically I can see right away if theres something wrong with the outfit and able to replace it with a good one, right there and then, What should I do so I can start and at least be an apprentice and prove that I'm damn good. btw I'm not into high salary or what I'm more into fulfilling feeling of the talent that I have,and to apply those things I leran back in college. I wanna be a personal Shopper or work in a place who think about outfits for pictorials or for advertisement something like that please email me back I would love to hear your struggles and how you able to surpassed it. darkmozart_seven@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

corabellas in Hartland, Wisconsin

41 months ago

My daughter is supposed to attend Philadelphia university next month for fashion design. It is expensive and I am unsure it is the right place to go for fashion design. I have no doubt she will work hard and will be good at fashion design but I can't seem to figure out if that is the right school. College is expensive and I would like her to be able to go to school, graduate from a respectable fashion design school and get a job because coming from that school tells employers that the students are prepared to work. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Allison in Clarksburg, Maryland

40 months ago

Hi, I'm Allison, an upcoming senior in high school and I'm really interested in fashion design, but I have no idea where to begin! I'm thinking of applying to a couple of fashion schools but I don't really know what colleges look for in portfolios. If you are still giving advice PLEASE email me back! My email is allison.hurd@yahoo.com Thank you!

Allison in Clarksburg, Maryland

40 months ago

Hi, I'm Allison, an upcoming senior in high school and I'm really interested in fashion design, but I have no idea where to begin! I'm thinking of applying to a couple of fashion schools but I don't really know what colleges look for in portfolios. If you are still giving advice PLEASE email me back! My email is allison.hurd@yahoo.com Thank you!

Christina in Richardson, Texas

40 months ago

Hi, my names christina
I'm very interested in fashion design but I truly don't know where to begin... please help any advice to start me in the right direction

Christinaw.wright@yahoo.com

Ashley in Los Angeles, California

40 months ago

My name is Ashley,

I have worked with costumes for 3+ years now at Disneyland, CA and I love making costumes!!

I have a degree in Graphic Design but I really want to do some work in Costuming/Costume Design.

Where should I begin? (graduated May 2011, no aspirations to go back to school)

ashleysmccormick@gmail.com

josie in Ottawa, Ontario

40 months ago

hi my dream is to become a fashion designer i really love everything about its a huge passion of mine but im still in highschool and have no experience what so ever and dont know where to begin id like to do as much as i can to help

Amber in Indianapolis, Indiana

40 months ago

I have been wanting to be part of an industry of art since I can remember. I am interested in all aspects, fashion, interior, planning, I love it all and I just would like some insight on how to get my foot in the door. I recently graduated with a degree in Business to be able to afford and pursue my dream in design. I hope to start art school by next summer, but I was wondering if there were any businesses or industries that would consider letting me intern as a personal want and not for school or even a job possibility. I would love to gain knowledge as far as hands on and be in the big picture while I was going to school. How can I find or approach someone or some place with this? I am at the point in my life that I just want to jump in and would love to take any chance I can get.

amber.coryell@yahoo.com

Amber in Indianapolis, Indiana

40 months ago

I have been wanting to be part of an industry of art since I can remember. I am interested in all aspects, fashion, interior, planning, I love it all and I just would like some insight on how to get my foot in the door. I recently graduated with a degree in Business to be able to afford and pursue my dream in design. I hope to start art school by next summer, but I was wondering if there were any businesses or industries that would consider letting me intern as a personal want and not for school or even a job possibility. I would love to gain knowledge as far as hands on and be in the big picture while I was going to school. How can I find or approach someone or some place with this? I am at the point in my life that I just want to jump in and would love to take any chance I can get.

amber.coryell@yahoo.com

TTTn in Grays, United Kingdom

40 months ago

Hi everyone. I am a sucessful businessman moving into the fashion indsutry. I am currently working on opening a new store online and also within superstores soon. Right now i am just searching for new designers to design for me. I have the connections to factories i need and the connections to other business to help start up. All i need now is desginers and new designs. more information will be given. If interested contact tttnz@yahoo.co.uk. Im here to help you and to have you help me.

TTTn in Grays, United Kingdom

40 months ago

Hi everyone. I am a sucessful businessman moving into the fashion indsutry. I am currently working on opening a new store online and also within superstores soon. Right now i am just searching for new designers to design for me. I have the connections to factories i need and the connections to other business to help start up. All i need now is desginers and new designs. more information will be given. If interested contact tttnz@yahoo.co.uk. Im here to help you and to have you help me.

Nicola Burrows in Maple, Ontario

39 months ago

I am starting a dress shop and need a fashion designer to make the dresses any suggestions

Ro in Millersville, Maryland

39 months ago

sarahjagers in Clarksville, Tennessee said: thank you for the interview

I am an artist who designs but, I don't know how to "appropriatley" design. And no nothing about fabrics and sewing. I would love to design my own line. I don't have the know how to bring my ideas into the physical realm.

Shree in United Kingdom

39 months ago

TTTn in Grays, United Kingdom said: Hi everyone. I am a sucessful businessman moving into the fashion indsutry. I am currently working on opening a new store online and also within superstores soon. Right now i am just searching for new designers to design for me. I have the connections to factories i need and the connections to other business to help start up. All i need now is desginers and new designs. more information will be given. If interested contact tttnz@yahoo.co.uk. Im here to help you and to have you help me.

Hi now i am in London, United Kingdom. I am a Fashion Designer...can you please elaborate this to me so that i can get a clear idea of work procedures....what kind of designs you require and which software should be used etc etc

seniorenglishteacher in Lindsay, California

39 months ago

I have a student who is willing to drive as far as needed (Los Angeles area ;)) to job shadow you. it's a requirement to graduate at our high school. Please contact me as soon as possible. klujan@lindsay.k12.ca.us

jw in West Lafayette, Indiana

37 months ago

Hi there, I'm planning to open a new apparel company to support homeless people. I'm kind of new to this industry. Do you have any tips on a new apparel store to be competitive in the market?

Thanks!

Best,
jw

hnanomaria@yahoo.com in Fort Worth, Texas

37 months ago

coul u plz help me
i love to design clothes
i have great i deas that no one had in design clothes
i need some company to work for
so plz help !

hnanomaria@yahoo.com in Fort Worth, Texas

37 months ago

hi there
i need some companies that need new fashion designer
i love to design clothes
i have great ideas that no one had
plz text me if u had job for me
hnanomaria@yahoo.com

india mitchell in Cedar Hill, Texas

37 months ago

Hello,
My name is India i am 18 years old i live in Dallas TX. I am a senior here at cedar hill high school i work at jcpenny as part-time and i love to style clothes i want to do fashion styling as my career. But my problem is i can not find a job that deals with styling

Info@definitivechic.com in Cleveland, Ohio

37 months ago

Definitivechic.com is currently seeking independent fashion designers equipped with a portfolio ready to be published in our upcoming opening launch, online catalog.
Our online boutique will cater to patrons who value uniqueness and innovation. Our goal is to provide exclusive articles that will exploit stature and exude confidence to an eclectic group of individuals.
If you believe that you have the collection that fits our interest, please feel free to email us with an attached portfolio and contact information at Info@definitivechic.com.

Sincerely yours,

inifd2010 in Mumbai, India

37 months ago

thanks for sharing

Bianca in Dallas, Texas

36 months ago

hello my name is bianca,I'm 20 years old and i want to be fashion designer. I believe with my designs I could change the fashion industry. I know the fashion world isnt an easy place to work in.

-I wanna start my fashion design career I wanted to go to FIT but I dont have the money to pay for and I also heard that the Art Institute isnt a good school.I was thinking about going to community college first then just transfereing.Im kind of stuck at this point b I really dont know what to do.

email:faticiabianca@yahoo.com

Kathleen Fasanella in Albuquerque, New Mexico

36 months ago

Community college is a great option; I actually prefer them.

Since you're in Dallas, have you thought of El Centro? That is where I went to school over 30 years ago and I've had a long and respected career based on what I learned there.

Caveat: you probably shouldn't continue to mention your designs "could change the fashion industry" because others will think you haven't thought through it well enough to be taken seriously.

warda in Tunis, Tunisia

36 months ago

i' am 16 years old i live in tunisia ( north africa ) i'm planning on studing fashion design after graduation and my dream is to work in ny in the fashion industry so what do i need to get there ? will it be easy to find a job ? please help
my email : warda-1995@live.fr

collfam4@yahoo.com in Saint Louis, Missouri

36 months ago

sarahjagers in Clarksville, Tennessee said: thank you for the interview

I am now out of college with a 4 year degree in fashion a am looking for work. I am living in St. Louis Mo and looking to move to LA in march.
every night i am looking for design jobs and working on my web site i have a great passion for the fashion industy and at this time i am looking to work for a company that is growing in the fashion industy

cedi

36 months ago

Hello, kindly email me at " desanroqueND630@gmail.com" for I would love to ask a few questions.
Be well,
Cedi

Brickell Fashion Week in Miami, Florida

35 months ago

Announcing Brickell Fashion Week!!!!

Located in Miami, FL., Brickell Fashion Week is an annual, upscale, multiple day fashion event which showcases emerging designers.

Designer registration ends February 29, 2012.

If you are a clothing buyer please contact us to see if you qualify for complimentary admission.

www.brickellfashionweek.com

janovia in Columbus, Ohio

35 months ago

Hello im janovia i am a freshmen at westland high school and my buisseness foundations class is having shadowing day on monday febuary 13th and i was wondering if i could shadow you, you know ask a few questins, on that day. i would realy like to learn from you and i hope to have my own clothing line one day if you could please email me at looseygoose14@yahoo.com that would be awsome and if you could do it befor the 8th of febuary that would be even better. again thank you for your time and i hope to hear frome yuo really soon.
janovia Nobody

janovia in Columbus, Ohio

35 months ago

Hello im janovia i am a freshmen at westland high school and my buisseness foundations class is having shadowing day on monday febuary 13th and i was wondering if i could shadow you, you know ask a few questins, on that day. i would realy like to learn from you and i hope to have my own clothing line one day if you could please email me at looseygoose14@yahoo.com that would be awsome and if you could do it befor the 8th of febuary that would be even better. again thank you for your time and i hope to hear frome yuo really soon.
janovia Nobody

mitra abdi in Eskisehir, Turkey

34 months ago

Hello
I'm Mitra we going to move to the USA ,I hardly can speak English despite all of these i love designing and want to be a fashion designer someday we'll move to AZ I want to know is there any opportunity there to be successful or ti's better to go to college or university some where else. I appreciate you if you explain a little more about this for beginners with no experience
thank you

Laurie in Escondido, California

33 months ago

Hi! I know you posted that a while ago but I was hoping you could answer a question for me. Me and my partner are very new- and we are looking for a good freelance patternmaker- (we are in San Diego area) ... We understand it is extremely important to have a good pattern maker- AND frankly we need a block created for our company. Do you have any suggestions? Any freelancers you may know who are GREAT at what they do? THANKS!

sinduja in Bangalore, India

30 months ago

Hi...have just finished my graduation in Fashion Designing from School of fashion technology,Pune..i wanna be a renowned designer and have my own label..but i dont know from where and how to start,please help me to find a solution for this....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

anita in Singapore, Singapore

29 months ago

Decadence in California said: Hi! I stumbled upon this forum page. I'm a professional fashion designer , who has quickly built up my career and I would like to give back to the community . I know how hard it is to be a young aspiring designer and not having anyone to get advice from. Like many of the commenters in this forum have suggested, I am a graduate of (F.I.T.) Fashion Institute of Technology in New York, NY. I've worked at London and New York fashion companies and now in California.

Hi - I always had a flair for fashion and from the background I am coming from its hard to take up fashion as ur profession. Being at 34 now and considering it to be late is it any way i could work as an intern in singapore and quench this thirst of mine where i could be a fashion designer with no knowledge of fashion but only passion for fashion

anita in Singapore, Singapore

29 months ago

Hi - I always had a flair for fashion and from the background I am coming from its hard to take up fashion as ur profession. Being at 34 now and considering it to be late is it any way i could work as an intern in singapore and quench this thirst of mine where i could be a fashion designer with no knowledge of fashion but only passion for fashion

pramila in Udaipur, India

29 months ago

hi i did my course from INFID and i wanna be make my carrier in this field but i don't no from where and how to start. so pls help me n give me suggestion how to start my carrier in this field

Beni in Seattle, Washington

29 months ago

Is this guy for real? How do you know he's not a giant spammer? And why in the world are you guys posting your emails on the internet? If you insist on doing that, I'd at least advise you to do it in the following manner: johndoe (at) yahoo (dot) com. Otherwise you're asking for spammers galore.

Alena Kelley in Carrollton, Texas

23 months ago

Decadence in California said: Hi! I stumbled upon this forum page. I'm a professional fashion designer , who has quickly built up my career and I would like to give back to the community . I know how hard it is to be a young aspiring designer and not having anyone to get advice from. Like many of the commenters in this forum have suggested, I am a graduate of (F.I.T.) Fashion Institute of Technology in New York, NY. I've worked at London and New York fashion companies and now in California.

Hi My name is Alena Kelley I'am a aspiring fashion designer. I have a degree on fashion merchandising but I really desire to work with a Fashion Designer. I am currently working with my best friend in NYC as a stylist. Anything you could to to help will be great! My email is alenakelley@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Alena Kelley in Carrollton, Texas

23 months ago

Hi my name is Alena Kelley and I'm an aspiring Fashion Designer. I have a degree in Fashion merchandising. Currently I'm working with my best friend as a stylist who is a Broadway leading lady for the upcoming Motown Musical. I would love to just learn more about Fashion design and get some on hands experience, please email me at alenakelley@hotmail.com I look forward to speaking with you!

Thanks,
Alena

Julikhan in Torrance, California

20 months ago

Hey,I am a 20 year old fresh graduate of Esmod international fashion university group and I live in Armenia where the fashion industry is dead.I have a very impressive portfolio and was the top student 3 years in a row.Now,I'm trying to find an internship in the fashion capitals and big brands,but i have no idea how can i contact them,please help,thank you.

Divya in Bentonville, Arkansas

18 months ago

Hi,

I was working in India as Market representative (Garments). My profile included taking care of merchandise from R & D to Prototype and after confirmation from production approvals to final shipping.I have a seven years work experience.

Now I have relocated to U.S. currently I have an H4 visa and I am looking for options to convert my H4 visa to H1 and look for some job options here.

Can someone guide me about this.

Felix Colon in Bronx, New York

18 months ago

Hello, I am an emerging designer trying to exposed my brand/line to the markets. At this moment I am looking for someone who can mentor me in the initial process of exposing my line. Please feel free to contact me @ VLADYMIREZ@YAHOO.COM for any further details. Would love to hear from you. Thank you.

jcvalencia in Pampanga, Philippines

17 months ago

hi.. i'm an aspiring fashion designer. i graduated from a different course but this is werey heart brought me.. i haven't studied fashion design nor design related courses because i don't have sufficient funds to do that. i'm currently working for an independ

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.