Internship/ junior fashion design

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Jess Ang in Singapore, Singapore

38 months ago

Hi, i'm a fresh graduate from Nanyang Academy of fine arts (sg), i do both designing and pattern making. was thinking about applying for an internship or a job overseas with a leading fashion house. i just cant see myself growing as a designer here in singapore as it is a pathetically small country with very few fashion houses and job opportunities. i have no clue or any idea how this can be done, or even where to start!

do you guys think it'll be a gd idea to create an online portfolio so i can e-mailed them? and how do i make sure if i can get a position there before i fly over? i dont mind going to europe or america or anywhere else, just as long as i can learn new stuff. i need some advise, pls help...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kristina in Houston, Texas

21 months ago

You should def make an online portfolio and send the links when you write the email. Make sure you are professional. But I dont think that sending emails is always the most affective. Make sure you go online to the designers web site and apply to there jobs and internships through the job post and then find who the proper contact and send a follow up email as well. Just work hard and search everywhere, be creative and you will find somthing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Courtney in Eagleby, Australia

2 months ago

Hello, I am glad I found your post, you seem very keen to start a career as a fashion designer and I think I am able to help. I have purchased a website and am helping young designers who are just starting out get their name and products out there. Its a great opportunity to get your career started and make money from it at the same time.!
If you are interested please email me at

moderndayslavewear@hotmail.com

I look forward to hearing from you

Leeann66 in Woodstock, Ontario

2 months ago

Jess Ang in Singapore, Singapore said: Hi, i'm a fresh graduate from Nanyang Academy of fine arts (sg), i do both designing and pattern making. was thinking about applying for an internship or a job overseas with a leading fashion house. i just cant see myself growing as a designer here in singapore as it is a pathetically small country with very few fashion houses and job opportunities. i have no clue or any idea how this can be done, or even where to start!

do you guys think it'll be a gd idea to create an online portfolio so i can e-mailed them? and how do i make sure if i can get a position there before i fly over? i dont mind going to europe or america or anywhere else, just as long as i can learn new stuff. i need some advise, pls help...

Find some Facebook pages for designers and fashion magazines. Post a link there. Just a thought!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.