Mentor for Fashion Design

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (20)

Brenda in Los Angeles, California

63 months ago

Hi, I am an aspiring fashion designer looking for a mentor. I live in Los Angeles California ( west LA). I love designing suits, especially jackets...high end jackets for women. I have interesting details on my jackets. You could wear them with a suit or a nice pair of jeans. It would be nice to hook up with a mentor who already has a complete shop put together...cutters, sewers, pattern makers, sample maker, fabric connections, etc. Please, if you are interested let me know. Brenda

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Charlottesville, Virginia

62 months ago

Hello. I find myself in a similar position, but several years younger than you [13] and with no idea what to do. I sketch in a notebook, and 'm learning to make a simple skirt, and perhaps a dress over the summer. I attend a fashion academy during the school year, but any advice from someone older would be appreciated. I do hope I don't put you in the difficult position of asking for help, and receiving a plea, but it would be great if you could get back to me. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kathleen in Albuquerque, New Mexico

62 months ago

Hi Brenda, if you want to find a mentor, you have to frequent places they are likely to be -and they aren't here. They join communities for the same reason you do. They are looking for solutions to problems from people on their level or higher. That is not to say they won't or don't mentor but you have to go where they hang out to find them. If you join those communities, they will think you are more serious than people who hang in publicly accessible places. Besides, much of what they have to say is private and they don't want the public to know. The only place I know on the internet like this is the member's forum at www.fashion-incubator.com

Anonymous: you might want to read this very supportive article about very young (under 18) designers. You MUST read the comments. The comments are written by professional fashion designers and they are similarly supportive. It's called "Kids as designers".
www.fashion-incubator.com/archive/kids-as-designers/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Cana, Virginia

62 months ago

Thank you so much for the advice. The website sounds very helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Thank you so much for the information. I will look into the member's forum. thanks...Brenda

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Kathleen in Albuquerque, New Mexico said: Hi Brenda, if you want to find a mentor, you have to frequent places they are likely to be -and they aren't here. They join communities for the same reason you do. They are looking for solutions to problems from people on their level or higher. That is not to say they won't or don't mentor but you have to go where they hang out to find them. If you join those communities, they will think you are more serious than people who hang in publicly accessible places. Besides, much of what they have to say is private and they don't want the public to know. The only place I know on the internet like this is the member's forum at www.fashion-incubator.com

Anonymous: you might want to read this very supportive article about very young (under 18) designers. You MUST read the comments. The comments are written by professional fashion designers and they are similarly supportive. It's called "Kids as designers".
www.fashion-incubator.com/archive/kids-as-designers/

Thanks again Kathleen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Cana, Virginia

62 months ago

Thank you for the advice everyone!

61 months ago

Hi Susanne,

Thank you so much for the information.

Brenda

Brenda in Santa Monica, California

42 months ago

Thank you so much for the information.

Brenda

Christine in New York, New York

38 months ago

Hi Charlottesville, Virginia
I am a successful fashion designer in NYC and currently starting a design mentorship program for individuals just like you. I would love to help mentor you. Please let me know how we can contact each other
Thanks so much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Arielle in Madison, Alabama

31 months ago

Christine in New York, I am seeking a design mentorship program. I currently have a BFA in Fashion design and minimal experience. I am seeing an opportunity where I can learn more about the industry in the field. please email me with any information at arielle.bergmann@gmail.com and I can forward you my online portfolio.

thanks!

Lucy Le in Jamestown, North Carolina

29 months ago

hey m lucy and im looking for a fashion design mento for my senior research project. and my topic is on fashion design but i need a mentot, do u know anyone who can be my mentor in north carolina because its hard to find one

FashionBOMB in Atlanta, Georgia

26 months ago

Christine in New York, New York said: Hi Charlottesville, Virginia
I am a successful fashion designer in NYC and currently starting a design mentorship program for individuals just like you. I would love to help mentor you. Please let me know how we can contact each other
Thanks so much

Hi Christine my name is Olivia an I would love too hear more about your mentoring program because have a fashionline idea an the concept are already written down on paper an business plan I'm just seeking more advice
I would love it if you could contact me

25 months ago

Thanks so much

Hi Christine,
I would love to hear more about your mentoring program.
smiling0107@hotmail.com
Thank you
Brenda

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Fiona in Floral Park, New York

24 months ago

All of you ladies have shared several thoughts that I have been searching for. Just like you Brenda, I have a Blazer line in the works that I love love love to keep pushing but need some mentoring. I decided to start with an accessories line which is easier and quicker to get out. At this point I well love to hear from any if you who seem to share the same love and passion for fashion as I do. Im interested in you program too Christine

Thank You
fjp90@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ophelia

18 months ago

Hello brenda, I also live in los angeles. Im a up and coming fashion designer. Also looking for a mentor I have a online store. Im trying get a few up and coming designers like myself to do a fashion show this summer if you arw intetested email at eyecandyjeans@yahoo.com

Plainjane825 in New York, New York

13 months ago

Thanks so much

I would love to be apart of the mentoring program. I always had a love for fashion and never the courage to take the next step. Am currently starting 2 lines , one for men and another is the women's line. More of a forever 21 a n Bloomingdales look. My email is plainjane825@gmail.com. I have some really great concepts. Please forward any information about the mentoring program. Thank you in advance.

Plainjane825 in New York, New York

13 months ago

Thanks so much

This message is to Christine, my name is plainjane. Am in need of a mentor. I have great ideas . Am currently starting up a clothing line. I really love to see my project cone together. My email is plainjane825@gmail.com. Thank you ever so much!

Christine aka Fashion Angel Warrior in New York, New York

12 months ago

Lucy Le in Jamestown, North Carolina said: hey m lucy and im looking for a fashion design mento for my senior research project. and my topic is on fashion design but i need a mentot, do u know anyone who can be my mentor in north carolina because its hard to find one

Hi Lucy
I received your reply regarding needing assistance with fashion mentoring. I apologize for not getting back to you sooner as I had not checked the forum until now. I'm so glad you contacted me and I would love to help you! Please take a look at my site www.fashionangelwarrior.com for more info. You can see all the various services that I offer as well as testimonials from past clients. Please let me know if you are still interested and what specifically you would like assistance with
Thanks again and looking forward to hearing from you soon
Email me at fashionangelwarrior@gmail.com
Thanks

Christine aka Fashion Angel Warrior in New York, New York

12 months ago

FashionBOMB in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hi Christine my name is Olivia an I would love too hear more about your mentoring program because have a fashionline idea an the concept are already written down on paper an business plan I'm just seeking more advice
I would love it if you could contact me

Hi Olivia
I would love to help you! Please take a look at my site for more info www.fashionangelwarrior.com and let me know what type of mentoring you are interested in. We could do 1 on 1 coaching via phone or skype. I also can review your business plan if you'd like
Hope to hear from you soon
fashionangelwarrior@gmail.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.