1. Very flexible (a lot of free time)
2. You can schedule with the customers the time that your job will be done...assuming we don't have a system down
3. You travel/drive a lot
4. Good pay
5. Nobody bossing you around
1. Sometimes you have to be oncall...ANYTIME you can be called for service.
2. Sometimes it's difficult dealing with angry customers
3. Systems/Machines sometimes give a lot of problems and you have to deal with the faults
Yes...it is very challenging but a you become more expert in your field...it becomes easier...I work in the Medical Imaging Field...Servicing/Installing X-Ray equipment.
A lot of opportunities to learn...everyday is a different job...that makes it interesting.
Yes, you can escalate...but don't become the FSE's boss <--- it will get you a 9-5 job again.
The new challenges, pay, stable job keeps me at my job.