Acquiring or getting traing to become a FE on Xray or MRI Equiptment

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Dennis in Sellersville, Pennsylvania

54 months ago

Hello

I have recently been an FE for HP for 3 years and have been in the past. I'm trying to break into the Medical Field but there is no entry level positions that I can find , I was not in the military unfortunately but I'm trying to at least get some training under my belt to get my foot in the door, or find a company that will provide some start up training. I've been working on pc's laptops , server and printer in a networked environment, and also have supported networks as a help desk person, does anybody out there have any advice for me so I may be able to let this happen...I have a 2 year Certificate in Electronic Engineering Technology and consider myself a pretty decent Technician...I've read up on the PACS Systems and DICOM and believe I have the aptitude to learn them and apply my current skill set...

Thanks for your Guidance....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

peter in Fort Mill, South Carolina

52 months ago

Dennis in Sellersville, Pennsylvania said: Hello

I have recently been an FE for HP for 3 years and have been in the past. I'm trying to break into the Medical Field but there is no entry level positions that I can find , I was not in the military unfortunately but I'm trying to at least get some training under my belt to get my foot in the door, or find a company that will provide some start up training. I've been working on pc's laptops , server and printer in a networked environment, and also have supported networks as a help desk person, does anybody out there have any advice for me so I may be able to let this happen...I have a 2 year Certificate in Electronic Engineering Technology and consider myself a pretty decent Technician...I've read up on the PACS Systems and DICOM and believe I have the aptitude to learn them and apply my current skill set...

Thanks for your Guidance....

How did you get on with HP? Ive been trying for a while. I have copier and printer experience nad some PC work experience.

thanks......peter

John in Citrus Heights, California

44 months ago

Take some immunochem/chemistry/biochemistry classes. Many FE either have extensive FE experience gained in the military or have transitioned over from working in biotech manufacturing.

Your experience with computers will also help out a lot, since most chemists don't know much about it.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.