What do you enjoy most about your field service technician career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being a field service technician? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

JSN in Sterling Heights, Michigan

75 months ago

1. I enjoy the work. Troubleshooting and working hard to find and fix problems is what I enjoy.

2. I dislike the travel. I'm away from my family alot. If you are thinking of being a field service person just remember travel is working and staying in a hotel then work again. You don't have time for sight seeing.

3. Learn or advance. You will learn something everyday. I think doing field service is the best learning tool. You can go to school and get book smart but if you don't have the skills its not worth much. Most companies like to advance their field service people cause they know the equipment inside and out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jr in O-H-I-O in Lima, Ohio

61 months ago

1. The work is hard but it's a hell of a felling when your done and it all works
2.Alot and I mean alot of time away from home if you have kids its hard
3. you do learn a lot no such thing as a problem just an opportunity for greatness

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Glen in Yucca Valley, California

57 months ago

Host said: What do you enjoy most about being a field service technician? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

What do I enjoy the most is fixing the customer problem being out on the front line giving the customer satisfaction with the company I work for making them happy with their service or product.

Showing up at account and having the customer not there to tell you what is wrong.To unlock a door that you need access to so I can get in and fix it.

Every day is a new Challenge and new when you are out in the field you see new customers that have different ideas beliefs getting to know them is fun
and you never know who they may be.

With tech knowledge y these days always changing makes it fun to learn new stuff getting the customer to like you can be a challenge by it self and you hope you only see them once in awhile.

what keeps me at my job is the customer keeping them happy with there product.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.