Average maternity leave in MA?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

p in Boston, Massachusetts

73 months ago

What's the average maternity leave in MA for a financial analyst? FMLA is 12 weeks unpaid, and the national one is 8 weeks, but I know a lot of companies give 8 weeks paid esp. if you've been with the company for a while, e.g. 4 years.

I've also heard of 8 weeks paid at 100%, then the remaining 4 weeks at 60%. My company's fairly small and I'm not sure what to expect; but they give great health and dental benefits like most financial service companies and I've been with them for over four years. At the same time, it's a Middle Eastern company, so I'm not sure if they'll be considerate of my situation. Would like to know what's standard practice in this industry. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cyndee in Saint Louis, Missouri

73 months ago

p in Boston, Massachusetts said: What's the average maternity leave in MA for a financial analyst? FMLA is 12 weeks unpaid, and the national one is 8 weeks, but I know a lot of companies give 8 weeks paid esp. if you've been with the company for a while, e.g. 4 years.

I've also heard of 8 weeks paid at 100%, then the remaining 4 weeks at 60%. My company's fairly small and I'm not sure what to expect; but they give great health and dental benefits like most financial service companies and I've been with them for over four years. At the same time, it's a Middle Eastern company, so I'm not sure if they'll be considerate of my situation. Would like to know what's standard practice in this industry. Thanks.

I've heard that MASS has the worst Maternity policy. A daughter of a friend of mine works in MASS and her company gave her 3 weeks even though they were not obligated for any more time than that and she's a manager. Perhaps you could call a Legal Aid Service in MASS for the answer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.