The best part is...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What do you enjoy most about fitness instructor work? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

IVAN in Howell, New Jersey

106 months ago

THE BEST PART IS THE FLEXIBILYTY... BECAUSE YOU CAN DO ANY OTHER THINGS AT THE SAME TIME BE AN INSTRUCTOR... BUT IS A LOT BAD THINGS IN THIS INDUSTRY FOR EXAMPLE THE SALARY IS HORRIBLE EVERY YEAR IS LESS AND LESS ,NOW THEY ARE ASKING FOR MORE CERTIFICATIONS, THEY WANT INTRUCTOR INVEST MONEY TO DONT MAKE ANY MONEY FOR EXAMPLE HERE IN NJ THEY HAVE THE BTS SISTEM WHICH HORRIBLE BECAUSE THE INSTRUCTOR HAVE TO FOLLOW A FORMAT IN OTHERS WORDS THE INTRUCTOR IS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE CREATED ...I DO HAVE MORE COMMENTS BUT LITTLE BY LITTLE I WILL GIVE MY OPINION ABOUT THIS INDUSTRY THAT IS GETTING WORSE AND WORSE TRUST ME I HAVE SO MANY THINGS TO SAY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anix in Logan, Utah

81 months ago

Host said: What do you enjoy most about fitness instructor work? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

I love the music and I love inspireing people! I might even do it for free! (but don't tell my boss that) My main motivation to teach great classes comes from great music. I am on the Advisory Board for a new music company Yes! Fitness Music (www.yesfitnessmusic.com) and right now you can get free shipping on any order. The offer is good thru Dec. 31 2008. Simply use promo code: FSWEB4W9 Just keeping you in the know!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

holly in Charleston, Illinois

78 months ago

I love creating a party atmosphere and making people sweat. Every client report telling me that another pound was lost or another point was dropped in blood pressure or cholesterol level makes my day. I get to be part medical professional, part entertainer, and part friend to hundreds of people every week....AND get to do it in comfy clothes while working out! The pay isn't the best, but it also isn't the point. Eventually, preventive health care, i.e. fitness, will have it's proper place in our society. I just hope to still be able to kick a little butt when it happens!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.