Getting a Fixed Asset Accountant job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

How did you get your start doing Fixed Asset Accountant work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

AZLady in Mesa, Arizona

68 months ago

I actually started my fixed asset career as a fluke - I was working an entry level accounting position for a major employer in Illinois and I got promoted to the clerical desk in fixed assets. Within a year, and with the help of a terrific mentor who had over 20 years in Fixed Assets I was promoted to the Senior Manager position and was in that role for the next 10 years. I dont know what it is about FA but I love it - I am good at it and I always get funny looks from other accountants like I am crazy to like FA ! At the time of my getting into FA I didn't have a formal degree.

I am finding that FA positions are few and far between in the Phx metro area. Anyone know of such a need please feel free to post it here and I will check back

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

katie in Glendale, Arizona

42 months ago

AZLady in Mesa, Arizona said: I actually started my fixed asset career as a fluke - I was working an entry level accounting position for a major employer in Illinois and I got promoted to the clerical desk in fixed assets. Within a year, and with the help of a terrific mentor who had over 20 years in Fixed Assets I was promoted to the Senior Manager position and was in that role for the next 10 years. I dont know what it is about FA but I love it - I am good at it and I always get funny looks from other accountants like I am crazy to like FA ! At the time of my getting into FA I didn't have a formal degree.

I am finding that FA positions are few and far between in the Phx metro area. Anyone know of such a need please feel free to post it here and I will check back

What if you never worked in accounting and you want a job in fixed asset? My current job I call on outstand purchase orders for a school district warehouse. I dont have a degree.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.