American Eagle

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11401 to 11450 of 12695)
Page:  « First « Previous   226  227  228  229  230  231  232  Next »   Last »

MieFlyGal in Los Angeles, California

20 months ago

ToGodBeTheGlory! in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Lol i would have done the same but the doctor i needed it from is about 35mins away one way lol we will probably get the march 5th class. You reckon?

I am already scheduled for the March 5th class. It's possible you will also be in the 1305 class!! Would you accept or would you ask for a later date?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Future Flygirl in her own private Idaho

20 months ago

ToGodBeTheGlory? in Grand Prairie, Texas said: I am in the same boat as you are, I needed to get my doc to sign me off on some medical thing(s) and turns out the fax from his office didnt go through when he sent it..
I am now only waitin for my trainin date! I am so ready to turn in my two weeks good Lord's willin!:)

Oh, goodness, I don't have a fax, but maybe I'll just take my doc's statement to Kinko's when I get it! I don't need any more delays, for Pete's sake!
Would still love to hear from those of you who had medication issues, just to know how unique (or not) mine is, but I understand, too, if you'd rather not "share." Anyway, my email (or reasonable facsimile thereof) is listed in one of my posts above.
Hope to be meeting you all soon!

20 months ago

Future flygirl I sent u an email :)

20 months ago

MieFlyGal in Los Angeles, California said: Future flygirl I sent u an email :)

You did? Thanks, but I didn't receive anything. It's @ymail.com, in case I was too cryptic. ;) (ymail, not gmail.) Thank you!

20 months ago

Future Flygirl in her own private Idaho said: You did? Thanks, but I didn't receive anything. It's @ymail.com, in case I was too cryptic. ;) (ymail, not gmail.) Thank you!

I did use ymail. Maybe it ended up in the SPAM folder? Well I resent it anyways.

na3sinl0v3 in Hampton, Georgia

20 months ago

Iheartflying in Chicago, Illinois said: ...the hospital sent over my discharge summary. I was feeling fairly confident that I had done everything they wanted. I was still hopeful. About the second week of December I received yet another letter from the medical department that they wanted me to schedule an appointment with their personnel for an evaluation. Gosh, just when I thought I was all cleared! I headed back to Chicago and met the person. He said there shouldn't be a problem, it was just AE's way of covering themselves and protecting me as well. Now, the real clincher was all this was taking place either during Thanksgiving or Christmas, or New Years...and when you get a letter from the medical saying they want the requested information in 15 calendar days, you really start to sweat, cause not every Dr is readily available and the AE medical was on vacation. But I had done EVERYTHING they had wanted me to do, and it would be in God's hands now. January came and went for the most part, I hated checking my mailbox for fear I'd get another medical request. I spent my time looking online at cases specific to mine and their possible outcome, I had a sense of confidence knowing that I'd be okay because I had worked at another airline and had I not been accepted would have been grounds for some discrimination...but I digress. I called, and let me tell you, when the AE personnel who evaluated me said, "Call them, bug them, this is your future, and they need to stay on top of it" it gave me confidence to call once a week and say, Hey, what's going on with my file. Finally, on January 28th, after almost three month of this process, I get an e-mail saying I cleared medical but had forgotten to send over my Conditional offer letter signed...jeezz...I immediately sent it over and on Jan. 29th was email my training date of Feb 19th...

I thought I had replied to this message.. Hmm well I will be in that training class as well are you excited???

ToGodBeTheGlory! in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

20 months ago

MieFlyGal in Los Angeles, California said: I am already scheduled for the March 5th class. It's possible you will also be in the 1305 class!! Would you accept or would you ask for a later date?

When did you find out? And i know i am three months into this process:/ but i have faith in the Lord, he wouldnt have let me get this far for a no!:)

FlyAwayWithMe in Chillicothe, Illinois

20 months ago

So currently what are the official training class dates I just had my medical exam yesterday and I am so excited and I want to know what classes I could potential be put into! This has been such a long process and I can't wait to receive my training date!

20 months ago

ToGodBeTheGlory! in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: When did you find out? And i know i am three months into this process:/ but i have faith in the Lord, he wouldnt have let me get this far for a no!:)

I received my training date on Feb 6th! I wonder who else will be in that class.

Kelly05 in Santa Monica, California

20 months ago

ToGodBeTheGlory? in Grand Prairie, Texas said: I am in the same boat as you are, I needed to get my doc to sign me off on some medical thing(s) and turns out the fax from his office didnt go through when he sent it..
I am now only waitin for my trainin date! I am so ready to turn in my two weeks good Lord's willin!:)

You need a letter from your current dr? Even if you have medical done by them?

ToGodBeTheGlory? in Grand Prairie, Texas

20 months ago

MieFlyGal in Los Angeles, California said: I received my training date on Feb 6th! I wonder who else will be in that class.

I am hopin I am since everything is done now, just waitin for the date!:)

20 months ago

Kelly05 in Santa Monica, California said: You need a letter from your current dr? Even if you have medical done by them?

Yup if they ask for it.

20 months ago

Iheartflying in Chicago, Illinois said: Sorry for this being so long, but I want to tell ya'll, if it's meant to be it's meant to be. I've been there. Don't give up and remember to dot your "i"s and cross your "t"s. Everyone I interviewed with on Nov 8th graduated last week. It hurts a bit, seeing them get their wings and I'm still here waiting for training to get here...but things happen for a reason...I won't tell you what happened after all this, but things work out for the better... I will give ya'll one bit of concrete advice, check out the AFAEagle.org site, it's AE's union site and it has the contract with pay scales, reserve specifics, etc, etc, be informed and browse it thru and thru...

This sounds like somethin I am goin though, that is true though if it is meant ot be it is meant to be.

20 months ago

MieFlyGal in Los Angeles, California said: I am already scheduled for the March 5th class. It's possible you will also be in the 1305 class!! Would you accept or would you ask for a later date?

But yeah I am hopin to get march 5th I would execpt that date.

SofieJ in Miami, Florida

20 months ago

Can anybody tell me if its possible to do school while being an FA? Or someone who is currently doing it can tell me if it works out well

20 months ago

MieFlyGal in Los Angeles, California said: I did use ymail. Maybe it ended up in the SPAM folder? Well I resent it anyways.

Weird. Still nothing. I checked spam too. You sent to suzbert?

Iheartflying in Chicago, Illinois

20 months ago

SofieJ in Miami, Florida said: Can anybody tell me if its possible to do school while being an FA? Or someone who is currently doing it can tell me if it works out well

From what I've been told by an F/A who graduated training earlier this month, his schedule is four days on, two off, 4, 2, then 3 on, 1 off, 3 on...and he's anticipating that to continue at least for the 6 months he's on probation. After that, well, if you can bid days off and hold them , you can go to school.

20 months ago

Future Flygirl in her own private Idaho said: Weird. Still nothing. I checked spam too. You sent to suzbert?

Hmm try messaging me if you wanna discuss more about the medical situation :)

Randersonav2010 ( at ) yahoo ( dot ) com

20 months ago

ToGodBeTheGlory? in Grand Prairie, Texas said: But yeah I am hopin to get march 5th I would execpt that date.

I'm crossing my fingers for you! Lets hope you get cleared in time!

Gr8tday2fly in Rockford, Michigan

20 months ago

Who's in the March 5th training? :)

ToGodBeTheGlory! in Grand Prairie, Texas

20 months ago

MieFlyGal in Los Angeles, California said: I'm crossing my fingers for you! Lets hope you get cleared in time!

Thank you so much and Lord's willin I will see you there:)

lookingup!

20 months ago

Has anyone heard of when the next training date is after March 5?

20 months ago

Gr8tday2fly in Rockford, Michigan said: Who's in the March 5th training? :)

I will be in the 1305 training class :)

AE Flyer in UpNDaSky

20 months ago

infoseeker in Columbia, South Carolina said: Interviewed on 1/15
Medical on 2/20 at DFW

Quick question... I've been taking Adderall for a mild case of ADD for about 7 years now. I know that I can function well without it (I don't take it on weekends... just when working for an added edge) but I'm concerned after reading that it isn't FAA approved (for Pilots). I know that the pilots and FAs have different requirements for their medicals... are there any FAs who can shed some light on Adderall/ADHD as a flight attendant ? I have the prescription and a letter from my doctor, but I care more about this job than being on medication that could easily be changed. I just don't want to get to medical and be told that I have to detox or something.

Thanks!!!

do you know how many ppl passed the interview on january 15?
thanks!

Wannabe Flight Attendant in Hamden, Connecticut

20 months ago

Can anyone give me a timeline as to how long it takes for background to be cleared after the interview

Anibal in Chicago, Illinois

20 months ago

Wannabe Flight Attendant in Hamden, Connecticut said: Can anyone give me a timeline as to how long it takes for background to be cleared after the interview

It varies depending on each individual case. It only took three days for me to clear!

20 months ago

Anibal in Chicago, Illinois said: It varies depending on each individual case. It only took three days for me to clear!

Well I've been working in the airline industry for a 5 years.. I currently work for an airline now.. So being that I've been doing the FBI background check year after year it really shouldnt take that long..

Anibal in Chicago, Illinois

20 months ago

I agree.. No worries. I think you should be o.k soon.. Ive been waiting to clear on medical for a wk now and no word from them yet. Waiting patiently as well..

coffeejockey in New York

20 months ago

MieFlyGal in Los Angeles, California said: I will be in the 1305 training class :)

What is 1305?

20 months ago

coffeejockey in New York said: What is 1305?

It's our class number :)

AE Flyer in UpNDaSky

20 months ago

I need this ae forum to wake up! I like reading the info.

20 months ago

AE Flyer in UpNDaSky said: I need this ae forum to wake up! I like reading the info.

Yep!! It does.. I interviewed last week was offered the position.. Just waiting to clear background then medical.. How about u??

20 months ago

AE Flyer in UpNDaSky said: I need this ae forum to wake up! I like reading the info.

Lol well it is the weekend I don't think anyone will have any new updates till tomorrow

HKD in New Jersey

20 months ago

I'm leaving for training tomorrow!

Quick question: Do you have to know how to swim for the water training? That's what I'm most nervous about!

20 months ago

Good Luck to those who are leaving today for training! When given the chance please check in with us~

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Luft Waffle in Düsseldorf (ORD), Germany

20 months ago

HKD in New Jersey said: I'm leaving for training tomorrow!

Quick question: Do you have to know how to swim for the water training? That's what I'm most nervous about!

No. They will pair you up with someone that's a strong swimmer if you can't or feel uncomfortable

Into the Air Again 2013 in Fort Worth, Texas

20 months ago

For those in training what bases are being assigned most recent?

20 months ago

Good luck to class 1304 starting tomorrow;)

20 months ago

Just received my medical date.. Does this mean that my background has been cleared. Or how do I know if it was cleared?

20 months ago

Wannabe Flight Attendant in Hamden, Connecticut said: Just received my medical date.. Does this mean that my background has been cleared. Or how do I know if it was cleared?

Medical date means your background is clear you'll go to medical and once you pass that appointment you will be offered a training dare! Goid luck;)

20 months ago

Into the Air Again 2013 in Fort Worth, Texas said: Medical date means your background is clear you'll go to medical and once you pass that appointment you will be offered a training dare! Goid luck;)

That was quick because I interviewed last week...

SkyWaitress86 in Central Islip, New York

20 months ago

I am in the March 5th class as well.

20 months ago

SkyWaitress86 in Central Islip, New York said: I am in the March 5th class as well.

Yay congrats!!! So am I :)

superfly in Staten Island, New York

20 months ago

I just got the letter about going to the interview. In reading over the posts here I am confused about one part. Will all the screening happen after the interview? Or, do we travel back there again for the fingerprinting and medical?

MIA/FA in Hollywood, Florida

20 months ago

superfly in Staten Island, New York said: I just got the letter about going to the interview. In reading over the posts here I am confused about one part. Will all the screening happen after the interview? Or, do we travel back there again for the fingerprinting and medical?

Fingerprinting is usually done on the day of the interview if you get a CJO. Once the background check clears, then the company will schedule you for medical and fly you to it.

z in Camden, South Carolina

20 months ago

Flight leaves at 6AM - back to Dallas for my medical! Anyone know how long it usually takes before you'll hear something back? I would REALLY like to be in the March 5th class... anyone know if it's full yet?

20 months ago

z in Camden, South Carolina said: Flight leaves at 6AM - back to Dallas for my medical! Anyone know how long it usually takes before you'll hear something back? I would REALLY like to be in the March 5th class... anyone know if it's full yet?

If everything goes well and your prepared with any list of medication, prescription lenses etc they may ask for ..then I believe it would be around 6 days (more or less)

If the nurse feels you did not do so well on any specific section of the medical she/he may request additional information from your doctor or whoever. So the process may be delayed.

Zuks Wil in Camden, New Jersey

20 months ago

I see the Mainline American is starting class on March 4 just like Eagle starts March 4.... Well hotel check in March 4, are they combining the classes? Both classes are at American centre in Dallas...are the combining classes?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Luft Waffle in Düsseldorf (ORD), Germany

20 months ago

Zuks Wil in Camden, New Jersey said: I see the Mainline American is starting class on March 4 just like Eagle starts March 4.... Well hotel check in March 4, are they combining the classes? Both classes are at American centre in Dallas...are the combining classes?

No. Completely separate programs.

AE Flyer in UpNDaSky

20 months ago

Anyone know of classes Starting after March 5? Or heard why there arent any scheduled?

Page:  « First « Previous   226  227  228  229  230  231  232  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.