American Eagle

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 12695)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Air Head in Atlanta, Georgia

83 months ago

Just Curious....ANyone who is on 'Reserve' with AE-are you called alot to fly or do you sit around more than fly?? Also, do they give you flights ahead of time if they can or do they usually only give you the 2 hour notice. I'm wondering about ORD reserve, in particular.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jacksel in San Juan, Puerto Rico

83 months ago

Good Morning to veryone, for those on the March 4th Class, guys just one more week to arrive at DFW and met, wuju!!!. Air Head I can answer half of your question, I'm a customer service agent for AE right now in San Juan, but I did my transfer to FA and after go to the interview I start training next week. There is 2 types of stand by, one, the airport stand by, wich means that on the day that start your working days you go to airport for example at 12pm and you are 8 hours stand by wich you can be assign to any flights leaving between those hours, maybe you get to the airport at 12pm and your lucky because your flight leaves at 1:30pm but maybe your flight leaves at 7:00pm, I think thats Stand By is better than the house Stand By where you have to be at home on call for 15 hours. You know the time you have to report to the airport for airport standby in advanced but I don't know how much in advanced

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Elena in Europe

83 months ago

Thank you Jacksel. I love Puerto Rico. Yes, currently I live in Europe but home is in San Diego. Does anyone here live in San Diego? Just curious about best city to commute to SAN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jacksel in Vega Baja, Puerto Rico

83 months ago

Hey guys, I just got my air ticket e-mail for next monday for the march 4th class, wuju, any one else. Im arriving DFW at 8:20pm

Siobhan in Brooklyn, New York

83 months ago

Hey! congradulations...wish i was going with u...just waiting to hear back my self on the backround...cant wait...WUJU!!!!!!!!

Jacksel in Vega Baja, Puerto Rico

83 months ago

Hey Siobhan its so nice to see you again here, you will be one of the bes F/A Eagle has had ever, Im happy you are back home, yeeeeeeeee

Isa in Richmond, Virginia

83 months ago

I've some AA f/a in my crash pad that told me we can j/s on them.
Trans States is doing interview every month and be based in RIC would be wonderful but their payment is very bad!

donald dashwood in Trotwood, Ohio

83 months ago

hello everyone. i've been invited for an interview march 6th. i was offered a position with a/e about 4 yrs ago but didnt take it for so many reasons. nevertheless, i see that the buzz words here are smile, smile, and smile some more for your interview. i also noticed that personality is important too. my question pertains to weight. i'm 47 yrs old and am not built like a male model. more like one who lifts weights. so, will my being stocky be a hinderance? can anyone shed some light? by the way good luck to all you aspiring f/a's

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Hi Donald, I'll tell you a little bit about your question. If you are in doubt about height remember you must be between 5' and 5'11", they verify that on your medical, that is going to be the same day after interview if you get hire. About weight this is a sensitive think on airlines because it can be discrimination. In this case remember we are going to fly aircrafts that are single aisle jets and 90% of the time single flight attendant because is only 50 passengers thats means they are really small jets, also how much weight the jumpseat hold is another issue. In my case Im 5'10" 34w and 195lbs. Im not small but Im not large either and I start training next tuesday March 4th so its really depends.

JackinJFK in Baltimore, Maryland

83 months ago

Isa in Richmond, Virginia said: I've some AA f/a in my crash pad that told me we can j/s on them.

CURRENTLY you can jumpseat on AA if you work for Eagle. Eagle is divesting from AMR and will be a separate company so (in my opinion) the AA jumpseat agreement will go away and you will only be able to fly standby in a seat.
Eagle planes have NO jumpseats on them, and you must fly standby in a seat.
Currently you pay a small fee for flying on bith AA and AE, they take from your paycheck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Hi everyone for those on Class 0803 starting next tuesday hope to meet you soon, and JackinJFK you are right about the AmericanEagle divestiture, Im a current employee during transfer and what they tell us last december was that we are going to have a 5 years transition period from 2008-13 where all the benefits will stay as they are now.

Kim in Richmond, Virginia

83 months ago

Jacksel in San Juan, Puerto Rico said: Hi everyone for those on Class 0803 starting next tuesday hope to meet you soon, and JackinJFK you are right about the AmericanEagle divestiture, Im a current employee during transfer and what they tell us last december was that we are going to have a 5 years transition period from 2008-13 where all the benefits will stay as they are now.

How do most current flight attendants feel about this divesting? would say the dynamics of company has changed based on the news?

Judy in Mission Viejo, California

83 months ago

Hello Everyone! I have an interview next week on 3/5. Any information would be helpful. Thanks, and for those of you starting training next week, and interviewing GOOD LUCK!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Judy in Mission Viejo, California said: Hello Everyone! I have an interview next week on 3/5. Any information would be helpful. Thanks, and for those of you starting training next week, and interviewing GOOD LUCK!

Hey Judy,

congrats on getting the interview first off. The interview is very relaxed compared to other airlines, so your going to have a great time.

Here are some rules to follow

1. Dress professionally- Suit !!!!! a must
2. Listen to the Recruiters questions carefully

www.indeed.com/forum/job/flight-attendant/05390c183c137e19787a4207

I found this post on another Forum. These were the exact questions asked to me in the exact order. I didn't have these question when I went to the interview so you have a great advantage now. I hope this helps. I got hired and I hope to see you in training soon :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Kim in Richmond, Virginia said: How do most current flight attendants feel about this divesting? would say the dynamics of company has changed based on the news?

There are many people leaving - agents, pilots and flight attendants...the good news is that new hires can move up in seniroity quickly!!
It should be business-as-usual for quite some time...no effect of travel benefits or routes now. I am sure they will consolidate, change routes and close a base. The pay is pretty good compared to other airlines

83 months ago

JackinJFK in Baltimore, Maryland said: There are many people leaving - agents, pilots and flight attendants...the good news is that new hires can move up in seniroity quickly!!
It should be business-as-usual for quite some time...no effect of travel benefits or routes now. I am sure they will consolidate, change routes and close a base. The pay is pretty good compared to other airlines

Thanks for the info. I'm honored to work for AE so I'm ready to move up the seniority latter

nueloh in San Juan, Puerto Rico

83 months ago

I need a crash pad or roommate in Boston BOS please help! ASAP!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dep in Baltimore, Maryland

83 months ago

What airlines are you working for? There are many crashpads listed in crew rooms at the airport

83 months ago

dep in Baltimore, Maryland said: What airlines are you working for? There are many crashpads listed in crew rooms at the airport

American Eagle! Im a new hire. My first day will be next wednesday and I havent being in BOS. Thats why Im a little worry and want a place to live hehe

flymyway in Racine, Wisconsin

83 months ago

How's training going???
Do they require you to wear black/white for training like other airlines? I'm coming out for training in April & just want to be prepared

flymyway in Racine, Wisconsin

83 months ago

What would you estimate reserve time for ORD is? (I know you said it is probably the shortest). How large is the ORD base? Is there a lot of movement there or does senoirity stay in one place for awhile?

83 months ago

No. The attire must be business-casual, not specific colors just look professioanl. And also some days are jeans day! (cabin training days) Its cool!

83 months ago

Hi Nueloh, that means you just finish training this last week, are going to BOS this coming week? How was your IOE, they give you time to go home? Am an employee doing transfer to F/A my school start on Tuesday just curious about it, and Hi DpFans I was trying to talk to you but I guess you don't see my messages I start school with you on Tuesday

83 months ago

Jacksel in San Juan, Puerto Rico said: Hi Nueloh, that means you just finish training this last week, are going to BOS this coming week? How was your IOE, they give you time to go home? Am an employee doing transfer to F/A my school start on Tuesday just curious about it, and Hi DpFans I was trying to talk to you but I guess you don't see my messages I start school with you on Tuesday

Yes! I just finised! IOE was great! and yes I'm having a couple days at home. To where are you transfering? I wanna get SJU, Alredy putted my transfer..

83 months ago

Jacksel in San Juan, Puerto Rico said: Hi Nueloh, that means you just finish training this last week, are going to BOS this coming week? How was your IOE, they give you time to go home? Am an employee doing transfer to F/A my school start on Tuesday just curious about it, and Hi DpFans I was trying to talk to you but I guess you don't see my messages I start school with you on Tuesday

Good luck on your first day of training on tuesday. you have to keep all of us posted

83 months ago

nueloh in San Juan, Puerto Rico said: Yes! I just finised! IOE was great! and yes I'm having a couple days at home. To where are you transfering? I wanna get SJU, Alredy putted my transfer..

Hey Nueloh. Congrats on making it through training. I was wondering if BOS was your first choice or did they just place you where they needed you. I hope you find a crash pad soon.

83 months ago

HAHA actually BOS wasnt an option at all for me. But Im flexibleee!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Elena in Europe

83 months ago

Hi everybody! any news regarding April classes? I am still waiting for dates. Does anybody know? Thank you!!

83 months ago

dp - Don't me nervous ! Training is actually fun and the connections/friends you make there will last forever. Even tho I no longer work at eagle, I keep in touch with my classmates because of that bond. Just remember to act professional. Don't find yourself in a situation on your off time that causes drama.

Jacksel - they give you 3-4 days after training to report to your base. ALL bases open up for transfer at sometime, so don't think you're stuck there. There are many openings happening all the time.

Elena - Right now there is one traing class each month, with about 25 people in each. Next one scheduled is beginning of April

Neuloh - BOS is an EXCELLENT base to start out on reserve, it's small, you get to know many people and they don't fly you till you drop. There are many crashpads right around the airport that are not expensive

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ! Also advise: carry your CONTRACT with you in your manual. Read it. Crew scheduling will often do things which are NOT in the contract or make you illegal.
Ask questions like crazy to other FA about the computer entries and know your stuff that is not covered in training!!! Senior flight attendants are GREAT and VERY willing to help new hires! The ones who have their head buried and are like sheep are at a disadvantage.

Adonna in Cleveland, Ohio

83 months ago

Morning all, I haven't rec'd my training date yet, but was wondering if I actually have to have my physical passport in hand (it's on the way in about 2 weeks) b4 they offer a date? Also did your whole call get one base or any preferences?

83 months ago

Adonna in Cleveland, Ohio said: Morning all, I haven't rec'd my training date yet, but was wondering if I actually have to have my physical passport in hand (it's on the way in about 2 weeks) b4 they offer a date? Also did your whole call get one base or any preferences?

Hey Adonna,

I think you have to have a passport receipt before they offer you a training date. I wouldn't worry about it too much. As long as you have the passport before you get your official "wings". I was wondering when where you offered the position? I'm waiting for my training date. I hope I get to meet you in training.

Jacksel in Fort Worth, Texas

83 months ago

Hi DpFans, hope to meet you soon, Im arriving at DFW at 8:30pm maybe I'll be at the hotel by 9:15pm hope to see you if no I see you in the morning, you will know who Im because I have an American Eagle ID already, so look for the ID, take care. Hi nueloh Im working in SJU already as a Fleet Service Clerk and last month when I did the transfer they tell me that SJU maybe open in summer, I was talking to the SJU Flight Manager and he said that is 80% sure, his name is Bengie Dominguez he is a great guy. I'll put my transfer to SJU as soon as I start, for know my choice are as follows, LGA, BOS, ORD, so hope I get LGA or BOS, if BOS see you soon, Im from Vega Alta, here said Im in Forth Worth, Texas because Im using an American Airlines computer here in SJU my flight leaves is 40 minutes heading to DFW Oh My GOOOOOOOOD!!!!! Kim I will

Judy in Mission Viejo, California

83 months ago

Kim,
Thanks very much for the info. I'll let you know know how it goes.

83 months ago

dpfans in Jacksonville, Florida said: hi nueloh, Did your entire class get BOS? or how did it break down for you class? I start Tuesday, and am actually in Dallas now.

Hi Jacksel,
I have very limited e-mail access this last month! I am actually in Dallas now and will be moving over to the Drury Inn tomorrow!

I am nervous, apprehensive, excited, worried and just about every other emotion! haha

Well 7 of us got BOS, and 14 got ORD. And already 1 got her tranfer to LGA. And 5 or 6 are already tranfering to DFW!

83 months ago

Hey Jacksel do you have any msn?? So we can keep in touch in case you get BOS! Let me know!

Elena in Europe

82 months ago

Hey Kim / Addonna, are you also waiting for April training dates? If so, pls let me know if you have any news.

82 months ago

Hi All,
Okay, here's some American Eagle questions I hope you can answer for me. (I'm interviewing next week in DFW.)

How is parking at your domicle handled? I'm hoping for ORD. Would I have to pay for my own parking or is there an employee lot??

Does Eagle try to preassing trips if they know they have them, to reseves? I know there is a 2 hour call out. What is the likely hood of knowing before the 2 hour call out??

Any word on what Plan A or Plan B are with the whole divestiture pending? What's Eagle's plan?? Is this going to be a short term gig for me?

When do our flight benefits kick in? After IOE? After 6 mo.? After 1 year?

Anyone know on the average what a typical duty day consists of? 4 legs? 6 legs? 15 hour duty day? How long are the average lay overs?

(I know things vary-I'm looking for 'average' just to get a handle on what to expect.)

Again, I'm hoping for ORD, so my questions are directed at ORD f/a's.

Thanks!!

82 months ago

Does ANYONE have an APril class date??? Just wondering if they have one scheduled.

82 months ago

hi AirHEad

They give you a parking sticker at your base

Reserves bid on the open trips for the next day by 1400. Those open trips for the next day are assigned (by fly time) to the reserve list at 1930, so if you get a trip from that list, you know what youre doing. If you dont get a trip youre on home reserve or airport sit. Home reserve you need to be ready to go within two hours and your on call 15 hours that day. Airport reserve sit is 8 hours, they might or might not use you in either case, depends on the base and the situation

No news on the divesture. Many rumors. who knows. Morale is not the best, like in any airline, but AMR sellig AE doesnt help for sure. All airlines, espcially eagle cut back on so many things - ramp, gate, cleaning crew...it can be ugly and crtainly challenging when you are a crew of three and the pilots do nothing but bit*h and moan for four days about the company.

Benefits kick in immediatly after the IOE training. You pick your benefits in training

Duty days vary greatly. They can legally use you up to 16 hours a day (happened to me a couple times but rare) On 4 day 'typical trip' you will a day or two with 5 legs. Layovers are at least 8 hours. SO hard to say about anything typical. One reserve especially, it's all luck - you might get 3 legs and a nice layover and thy one next in line has 5 legs and 8 hours rest. I DO know that in ORD you will work very very hard. When they are short staffed you WILL get used to the max!! I actually know a girl who flew 8 legs one day - all legal.

I hope I didnt paint too bad of a picture because I liked flying there - and training at eagle is really top-notch. Out of regionals, it's definately one of the better ones. Let me know if you want any questions answered you can PM me too

Elena in Europe

82 months ago

Hi Air head! I've asked same question re April classes. I haven't heard from them... I will write if I get news.

82 months ago

THANKS for your info-VERY much appreciated! How can I PM you??

82 months ago

Kim in Richmond, Virginia said: Hey Adonna,

I think you have to have a passport receipt before they offer you a training date. I wouldn't worry about it too much. As long as you have the passport before you get your official "wings". I was wondering when where you offered the position? I'm waiting for my training date. I hope I get to meet you in training.

Hi Kim, I just got the passport confirmation of arrival yesterday after I posted the question. So it should be at my door today or tomorrow. I was offered on Feb, 21st. I'm hoping for the Aprul 29th class, just to have extra time to get things in order (and save some more money), but I could go with April 1st. I'm very anxious though waiting for the email or letter or call. Do you know which one they do, call you I mean? Do you have a class date yet? It would nice to meet you also and know someone going in. I thought that Siobian and I would go at about the same time, I met her at the interview, but I don't think she has a date yet either. So where are you hoping to get based? Any word on how difficult the IOE is?

82 months ago

Air Head in Atlanta, Georgia said: Does ANYONE have an APril class date??? Just wondering if they have one scheduled.

Hi, I know they told me in Dallas that the next classes were 4/1 and 4/29, but no news on that exactly, I'm waiting for my date as well.

82 months ago

Hey JackinJFK, I was wondering wich base you thought was the best? Will crashing make a big difference? and how's the "real paycheck" for those who don't mind working alot? Should you also put in for a transfer rightway out while in training or IOE? I heard that MIA and LAX are all sewn up and no entrance expected. Is this near the truth?

82 months ago

nueloh in San Juan, Puerto Rico said: Well 7 of us got BOS, and 14 got ORD. And already 1 got her tranfer to LGA. And 5 or 6 are already tranfering to DFW!

Can you tell me how we will be notified that we got a training date? Mail, phone, email?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

I received a phone call and the day after they also sent me a confirmation email. That call was about 3 weeks before training. Also 5 days before training you will receive a packet via fedex with information about training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Elena in Europe said: Hey Kim / Addonna, are you also waiting for April training dates? If so, pls let me know if you have any news.

Hey Elena,

I'm still waiting for my training date. I had my interview Feb.19. I think I'm going to get April 29 for a training date. do you know how long it takes to get a training date? I'm kind of ready to start. I will surely let you know when I get a call.

82 months ago

Adonna in Cleveland, Ohio said: Hi Kim, I just got the passport confirmation of arrival yesterday after I posted the question. So it should be at my door today or tomorrow. I was offered on Feb, 21st. I'm hoping for the Aprul 29th class, just to have extra time to get things in order (and save some more money), but I could go with April 1st. I'm very anxious though waiting for the email or letter or call. Do you know which one they do, call you I mean? Do you have a class date yet? It would nice to meet you also and know someone going in. I thought that Siobian and I would go at about the same time, I met her at the interview, but I don't think she has a date yet either. So where are you hoping to get based? Any word on how difficult the IOE is?

Hey Adonna,

I'm still waiting for my training date too. I'm hoping to get ORD. what about yourself? I heard training was very intense but fun at the same time. I think they are supposed to call us for a training date. I'm also hoping for April 29 too. I want to try to save as much money as possible too. I would love to meet you and Elena in training. its nice to already know people when you get there.

Siobhan in Brooklyn, New York

82 months ago

Hi! Adonna...Siobhan here...im also waiting to here my start date...sent them the last picture of my tattoo healed just last night and Melissa got back to me saying, " thank you we have everything we need, and should be in touch soon!". I am really hoping to get April 29th...so i will let u know as soon as they get back to me...when they contact u...will u let me know...would luv to be in the same class as u...good luck!!! Let me know how things go.

82 months ago

Adonna in Cleveland, Ohio said: Hey JackinJFK, I was wondering wich base you thought was the best? Will crashing make a big difference? and how's the "real paycheck" for those who don't mind working alot? Should you also put in for a transfer rightway out while in training or IOE? I heard that MIA and LAX are all sewn up and no entrance expected. Is this near the truth?

Hi Adonna -IF you want to fly alot, go DFW or ORD. BOS/LGA you work less. I didn't fly alot some months in and my pay was $1200-1300 for the month (I do good medical, dental, vision,401K all come out) If you fly alot your pay will be more like $1800 for the month.

I would put your transfer choice as soon as you can...in training ... I worked there a little over a year and MIA opened up 3-4 times, LAX once. all depends - it's a great time to move up in seniority because there is alot of movement due to the divesture from AMR. Seniority is everything.
Jack jackinJFK@yahoo

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.