what type of planes does AE fly?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Olivneri in Orlando, Florida

79 months ago

Nueloh!!!! Miss You.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Siobhan in Brooklyn, New York

79 months ago

HI! Elena...im sorry what do u mean??? Your message didnt make sense to me...do u mean...once the April 1st is scheduled and full, they will be contacting us for April 29th...and i was just wondering how u got the information...I really hope all of us Kim, Adonna, Elena and myself are all together...Hope your having a nice time in Europe!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Adonna in Cleveland, Ohio

79 months ago

Hi Siobhan, Elana, Kim, I faxed over my passport today, so hopefully will get the ok from Melissa soon. I do hope we all get in the same class. Hope to put in a transfer in the first couple of weeks also. We could all start studying early and get a head start(lol).

Anybody out of training think we should start on abbreviations or something?

Anyone out there in MIA that could tell me about the reserve fly time there and hows the stay in relation to cost of living?

JackinJFK in Baltimore, Maryland

79 months ago

Adonna in Cleveland, Ohio said: Hi Siobhan, Elana, Kim, I faxed over my passport today, so hopefully will get the ok from Melissa soon. I do hope we all get in the same class. Hope to put in a transfer in the first couple of weeks also. We could all start studying early and get a head start(lol).

Anybody out of training think we should start on abbreviations or something?

Anyone out there in MIA that could tell me about the reserve fly time there and hows the stay in relation to cost of living?

You do NOT need to study anything - you do not need to know the airport codes by memory even tho they send you codes. There is nothing to study at all until class starts.

MIA reserve time will be 3-5 years. Like any city, you can do it cheap or expensive. you need a car, so calculate that in. Crashpad less $ ... but if you want to set up there, you'll pay more for an apartment, even more the better place you live. go to craigslist.com and check out houing prices in miami

Adonna in Cleveland, Ohio

79 months ago

JackinJFK in Baltimore, Maryland said: You do NOT need to study anything - you do not need to know the airport codes by memory even tho they send you codes. There is nothing to study at all until class starts.

MIA reserve time will be 3-5 years. Like any city, you can do it cheap or expensive. you need a car, so calculate that in. Crashpad less $ ... but if you want to set up there, you'll pay more for an apartment, even more the better place you live. go to craigslist.com and check out houing prices in miami

Thanks, I was worried about the course work and the advance studying part.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Hey! Adonna...was wondering what u thought about the chances of us getting into the April 29th class???

Elena in Madrid, Spain

79 months ago

Hi Siobhan, Melissa told me they wont be contacting us until they schedule April class.

79 months ago

is'nt there a class already scheduled for April 1st and April 29th...thats why im not understanding what u mean...please try again...lol...

Elena in Madrid, Spain

79 months ago

lol, yes these dates are scheduled but not confirmed yet.

79 months ago

lol...thanks...do you think we have a choice in which one we enter???

Elena in Madrid, Spain

79 months ago

I dont really know... When I had my interview (Feb 12), they asked me if I preferred March or April and I my choice was April.

79 months ago

I had mine feb 21st...so i hope i get the choice to go April 29th...instead of April 1st...thanks for getting back to me so soon...

Kim in Richmond, Virginia

79 months ago

I wonder how long it's going to take for them to start contacting for the April courses

79 months ago

I know, me to...I feel like my life is in limbo....

malti in HHI, South Carolina

79 months ago

GOOD LORD! What are you doing! Come on...
NEVER NEVER NEVER post your personal
information.

Contact AE and ask them to move your room. Tell them that you breached your own personal safety..
And have you new room under a different name. Since your name is NOW on this website.. with the phone number of the hotel you are staying at. !!!!!!

Listen, safety is the number one reason a flight attendant on on board an airplane. Please keep you own personal safety in mind as well.. when you are on a layover, in a city that you are not familiar with.

A Northwest FA was stabbed to death in her layover hotel room... because she didn't keep her mouth shut about where she was staying.
There are crazy transients staying in the layover hotels... So if you want to live long enough to hold a line with AE.. then read the card on the back of your hotel room door.. and remember..
SAFTEY is your number one priority...
on board and on your layover...
and while you are in training.
I am questioning why you are in training.. but... I will give you a pass on this mistake.. because I doubt you meant to put your life in jeopardy.

Hopefully, INDEED will see your post and remove it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Hopefully Indeed will remove the post with all the personal information.

If you are in training with AE.. please do not post the name of the hotel you are staying at.. or phone numbers.
You are subjecting yourself and the others in training with you to possible harm.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jacksel in Arlington, Texas

79 months ago

Hey HHI , Im in training because I deserve to be in training and Im learning every single day, we are humans not machines, so we can make mistakes sometimes, Is anyone pefect here raise your hand. Im responsible for my actions, and Im not at room 310 I already send her an-mail with the information because it was only a "code" for us when I write that room number down. I can believe you ask, "Why Im in training" Oh My God just unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But never mind, we learn on mistakes but I said bye to indeed with this last message. Good luck to everyone, I will see you soon in an airport flying as I will be. God bless you all.

79 months ago

Jacksel in Arlington, Texas said: Hey HHI , Im in training because I deserve to be in training and Im learning every single day, we are humans not machines, so we can make mistakes sometimes, Is anyone pefect here raise your hand. Im responsible for my actions, and Im not at room 310 I already send her an-mail with the information because it was only a "code" for us when I write that room number down. I can believe you ask, "Why Im in training" Oh My God just unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But never mind, we learn on mistakes but I said bye to indeed with this last message. Good luck to everyone, I will see you soon in an airport flying as I will be. God bless you all.

Just be safe. Really, be safe and best of luck to you. Enjoy your training. =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pilot in Sanford, Florida

79 months ago

UNBELIEVABLE

CJ in RSW

79 months ago

malti in HHI, South Carolina said: Hi all,
what type of planes does AE fly?

Malti, just go to the address below and you'll find that info.

americaneaglecareers.com/About/AircraftFleet.html

Adonna in North Royalton, Ohio

79 months ago

Ok, Hi everyone. Still haven't heard anything. And yes, I would prefer the 4/29 class. And ORD would be fine. I'm just ready to put a date to it. Plus being professional I need to give my current job proper notice, so for me the date is essential to everything else. Siobhan, have you looked up crash pads for examples of pricing yet. Elena how long are you in Europe for? Kim hear anything today?

Kim in Washington, District of Columbia

79 months ago

HEY Adonna,
I'm still waiting. The wait is killing me. It makes me feel like I didn't get it or something. If we don't hear from them by next tuesday we will know that we are in the April 29 class. Jacksel told me that they called him three weeks before training. I have been looking at crash pads and I saw one in ORD for like $425 a month. I'm still looking and I'll let yall know what I see. We can look into creating our own crash pad if we want to. I can start looking into apartments/condos in ORD and see what it would be like to split the difference. Let me know what yall think and we can work from there. Have a great day

79 months ago

You know I was looking at alot of different sites for crashpads and roommates wanted and just apts in general, and OM MY GOD they are so expensive! When you think that they want you to pay 485 to 800 to just share a place in some of these cities, I wonder. It's almost like half your pay is going to rent and food. I didn't see but one ad for $140 to share with 6 people. I think, depending on the class and who we know, your right, we should start our own if we can. You figure we'll probably be based there for at least the first 6-9 months, so the less it cost everyone the better. Let's work on that in anticipation of MAYBE a training date in the near future.

Kim in Washington, District of Columbia

79 months ago

That will be great. Its amazing how expensive it is to live in major cities. I know the first couple of months is going to be stressful. When I went to the interview, I met a gate agent and he told me living arrangements in DFW was like a breath of fresh air. He said Dallas was cheap compared to ORD and LGA. He worked at both of them before he went to DFW.

Elena in Madrid, Spain

79 months ago

Adonna, same happens to me.. Im currently working in Spain (Madrid) and have to give my job 15 days notice!! so you can imagine how I feel, its killing me too!! lol
Yes, making our own crash pad its a very good idea. I think that sharing rooms with people of your same training class is better.

79 months ago

So now we wait.

79 months ago

Ok so did anyone read this new article from Associated Press...........
updated 2:50 p.m. ET, Wed., Nov. 28, 2007
DALLAS - The parent of American Airlines said Wednesday it plans to sell or spin off its American Eagle regional airline next year.
Investors have been pressing AMR Corp. to sell the regional carrier and other assets, moves they believe could raise money and lift AMR's stock price. Eagle operates regional jets that connect American Airlines hubs such as Dallas-Fort Worth with smaller cities.Fort Worth-based AMR said in a statement that it is still studying whether to spin off Eagle to AMR shareholders, sell to a third party or divest the carrier in some other way. Although planned for 2008, the timing of the divestiture could be affected by the economic, industry and financial-market conditions, the company said. AMR said divesting Eagle "is in the best interests of AMR and its shareholders." AMR said the move would also give Eagle the chance to win new business and provide new opportunities for its employees.......

Ok guys I go this off MSNBC........So what your thoughts on AA and AE and this situation?

79 months ago

I heard about the divesting and I heard that this will be a 5yr process. I'm too worried about it because I was hoping to jump to AA when they start hiring. As long as they don't decrease our pay I'm ok

AE in Concord, North Carolina

79 months ago

Jacksel in Arlington, Texas said: Hey HHI , Im in training because I deserve to be in training and Im learning every single day, we are humans not machines, so we can make mistakes sometimes, Is anyone pefect here raise your hand. Im responsible for my actions, and Im not at room 310 I already send her an-mail with the information because it was only a "code" for us when I write that room number down. I can believe you ask, "Why Im in training" Oh My God just unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But never mind, we learn on mistakes but I said bye to indeed with this last message. Good luck to everyone, I will see you soon in an airport flying as I will be. God bless you all.

Not trying to beat a dead horse but uh "it was only a code"????? Hmmmm, I dont think so. That was just wayyyyy to much information given for it to be only a "code" for someone to call you at the "real" room.

Google "flight attendant murder" and see how many webpages come up.

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE be careful (at least for the sake of your roomate) really for your sake as well. There is not that much excitement in the world to be that careless to give your room number out on a message board.

I do hope you took the other persons advice and changed rooms. Lord knows we DONT need another memorial (or rather massacre).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

TippTopp in Rochester, New York

79 months ago

Kim in Richmond, Virginia said: I heard about the divesting and I heard that this will be a 5yr process. I'm too worried about it because I was hoping to jump to AA when they start hiring. As long as they don't decrease our pay I'm ok

AA wont hire FAs until the 1600 furloughed get called back. AA and AE are two separate companies, under the AMR umbrella. Once AE spins off from AMR - AE and AA will not be related. Who knows what will happen....

You might have an advantage from someone off the street because they can see your attendance record. You WOULD start over again at the payscale bottom and seniority, keeping your sicktime and vacation already built up.

My advice is if you want major legacy carrier, apply, interview, reapply, reinterview with the majors - UAL, Continental....if they dont take you, work for eagle in the mean time for experience if you need some.

flymyway in South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

79 months ago

Anyone know how large ORD is? What's the senority list like there? Are lines all built with the minimum 10 days off or as seniority rises, do days off increase????

79 months ago

When do Flight Benefits kick in with Eagle? When can our spouses/children fly?

79 months ago

Okay-I'm taking an unofficial survey of current f/a's & those seeking f/a jobs.

If you had to choose between Eagle & Omni Air, which would you pick & why??

Judy in Mission Viejo, California

79 months ago

Hello Everyone - A special thanks for the info to Kim! I interviewed last week on 3/5 and was given a conditional job offer. Melissa was fun and really great at making everyone feel comfortable.
4 people out of 12 received conditional offers. More pilots then F/A applicants. The pilots get their choice of base as A/E is light in pilots currently.
In the conditional offer it says you will be notified of the class and you will have 2 choices. The next classes are 4/1 and 4/29.
Melissa told me I would be notified and given class choice dates after the medical and background check clears and the timing varies. I am concerned because the technician doing my finger prints had a hard time with a couple of my fingers and her machine said failed and after 45 minutes she said she would just send them through as is. I hope that doesn't cause an issue.
On my flight home I sat next to a 13 year A/E F/A and had a great conversation with her. She loves her job and is based out of LAX. I asked her about the crashpad.com site and she said there are postings in the bases regarding crash pads and not to worry about it.
For those of you waiting for your dates I hope it's soon. Sorry this is soooo long, I'm just very excited.

79 months ago

Hello Everyone - A special thanks for the info to Kim! I interviewed last week on 3/5 and was given a conditional job offer. Melissa was fun and really great at making everyone feel comfortable.
4 people out of 12 received conditional offers. More pilots then F/A applicants. The pilots get their choice of base as A/E is light in pilots currently.
In the conditional offer it says you will be notified of the class and you will have 2 choices. The next classes are 4/1 and 4/29.
Melissa told me I would be notified and given class choice dates after the medical and background check clears and the timing varies. I am concerned because the technician doing my finger prints had a hard time with a couple of my fingers and her machine said failed and after 45 minutes she said she would just send them through as is. I hope that doesn't cause an issue.
On my flight home I sat next to a 13 year A/E F/A and had a great conversation with her. She loves her job and is based out of LAX. I asked her about the crashpad.com site and she said there are postings in the bases regarding crash pads and not to worry about it.
For those of you waiting for your dates I hope it's soon. Sorry this is soooo long, I'm just very excited.

79 months ago

flymyway in South Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: When do Flight Benefits kick in with Eagle? When can our spouses/children fly?

I was just at interviews and they said flight benefits kick in the day after training is completed. That includes your spouse/kids under 18/kids to 21 if they are in college/and your parents.

79 months ago

Judy in Mission Viejo, California said: Hello Everyone - A special thanks for the info to Kim! I interviewed last week on 3/5 and was given a conditional job offer. Melissa was fun and really great at making everyone feel comfortable.

Hey Judy!!!!!!!
I'm so happy for you. Welcome to the A/E gang. we are waiting for our training date. I had my interview 2/19. maybe we will be in the same class. AE is wonderful isn't it? I had a great time during my process. I'm very happy for you and now you can rest and drink a glass of wine. see ya soon

79 months ago

Hey Kim & future F/A's,
What a fantastic opportunity we all have. I am nervous and excited at the same time! Being away from my hubby will be difficult, but well worth it. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Talk to you all soon. Have a great week end.

American Eagle in Charlotte, North Carolina

79 months ago

Judy in Mission Viejo, California said: Hey Kim & future F/A's,
What a fantastic opportunity we all have. I am nervous and excited at the same time! Being away from my hubby will be difficult, but well worth it. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Talk to you all soon. Have a great week end.

I just got the call. I am in the April 1st class. Everyone else should be getting their call as well today (I assume). See everyone in training.

79 months ago

Hey I got the April 1 call today too. see ya soon :) weeeeee

79 months ago

Hey guys, got my call yesterday afternoon, I got the April 1st class also! Yeah!! See everyone there. Got alot to get in order b4 I go. I guess we'll probably fly out on Monday the 31st and go straight to the hotel or Tuesday and go straight to the training center, huh? Get excited ladies, we're on our way!!

79 months ago

I think we are flying out Monday 31. see you there!!!!

79 months ago

Anyone heard from Siobhan?

79 months ago

Ok guys I have a question. Any crossovers from other airlines feel free to send advice. I just got a call from United for a FA position. Is UAL in trouble? Arem't they bigger? I know that they have big intn'l base, but not sure if pay is good or bases? I went from clear to cloudy in one day with both airlines calling me. I'm still real excited aout AE, but torn now on better opportunity. Any advice folks.

79 months ago

NEVER MIND THE LAST COMMENT BY ME. I'm an idiot!!! United just cut theit attendants pay y 8.9%. Thought that call was out of sync.

Crystal in Sulphur Springs, Texas

79 months ago

Does any one know how long it takes to get based in Dallas? I know ORD, LGA, BOS are junior but I don't hear alot about Dallas.

Crystal in Sulphur Springs, Texas

79 months ago

JackinJFK in Baltimore, Maryland said: Hi Adonna -IF you want to fly alot, go DFW or ORD. BOS/LGA you work less. I didn't fly alot some months in and my pay was $1200-1300 for the month (I do good medical, dental, vision,401K all come out) If you fly alot your pay will be more like $1800 for the month.

I would put your transfer choice as soon as you can...in training ... I worked there a little over a year and MIA opened up 3-4 times, LAX once. all depends - it's a great time to move up in seniority because there is alot of movement due to the divesture from AMR. Seniority is everything.
Jack jackinJFK@yahoo

Is anyone getting Dallas out of training?

79 months ago

Adonna in North Royalton, Ohio said: NEVER MIND THE LAST COMMENT BY ME. I'm an idiot!!! United just cut theit attendants pay y 8.9%. Thought that call was out of sync.

Hey Adonna I complete understand your reasonings of wanting to go w/ United. I was thinking about them too and I found out that they don't get flight benefits for 6months. After 6months the FA must pay 25% of fare. In my eyes I give them a "NO DEAl" I can't wait to me you April 1. We are going to have a great time in training

JackinJFK in Baltimore, Maryland

79 months ago

Adonna in North Royalton, Ohio said: Ok guys I have a question. Any crossovers from other airlines feel free to send advice. I just got a call from United for a FA position. Is UAL in trouble? Arem't they bigger? I know that they have big intn'l base, but not sure if pay is good or bases? I went from clear to cloudy in one day with both airlines calling me. I'm still real excited aout AE, but torn now on better opportunity. Any advice folks.

Hi Adonna - I used to work for Eagle. I would GO to the UA interview and see if they offer you training. When you interview at Spherion, if they want you to go for a 2nd at WHQ, they set it up that day, mine was for the next week, so you will have time before eagle training starts.

Kim is right - while on probation (6 mo) you dont get flight benefits. However once off probation all coach flying is FREE - at Eagle and AA it is NOT FREE - THEY TAKE IT OUT OF YOUR PAYCHECKS. You fly free after FIVE years.

They pay is actually about the same with Eagle and UA. :)
I went United because -
1. bigger airline
2. better layovers in better hotels in better cities globally. Example - eagle you get plenty of 8 hour layovers, 4am van times in Urbana Illinois at Baymont Inn.
3. United is renegociating new contract next year = hopefully = $
4. I got sick of the small planes and working alone five short legs a day with 3,4, maybe five hours between flights.
5. AMR is divesting eagle.

eagle has a great training program and pay, it was a very difficult decision for me to switch to united.
The airline industry is crazy and ANYthing can happen at ANYtime!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.