Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 323)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Chaker Saadi in Tunisia

28 months ago

Dear all , ive attended Etihad airways December 2012 in Tunisia ,
recruiters were great and very kind , i passed all steps :
1 Easy english writing test 15 min. Tip ---> make sure to be fast.
2 very Easy and simple team work . Tip ---> respect your team members , be polite,help completing the task and don't be dominating.
3 Easy second writing Test 5 min .
4 Final interview 15 --> 30 min . Tip ---> relax , keep smiling , be yourself and good luck .
i received my success mail within one week and now after i sent all required documents , iam waiting for my joining day and offer letter .

good luck for all of you , and see you in Abu Dhabi :D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Aleksandrova in Sofia, Bulgaria

28 months ago

Hi all
I've booked my AD for 21st February in Abu Dhabi. Is there somebody who will be there too

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

aliciajaxie in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

28 months ago

Hi all.
I have been invited to an assessment day! yay.
However, there is no days available in the UAE (where i am currently living).
How long do i have to respond to the invitation? Do you suggest waiting till something is available in the UAE?
I have emailed them - no reply as yet....
I don't want to take too long and miss out.
Please help!
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

adannae in Kingston Upon Thames, United Kingdom

28 months ago

You have up to 6 months to take up the interview but u may have to wait a while to get one in your county. Etihad being the national airline for the UAE, something should come up soon. Or find something which is local but not too far across the world.

Aliciajaxie in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

28 months ago

adannae in Kingston Upon Thames, United Kingdom said: You have up to 6 months to take up the interview but u may have to wait a while to get one in your county. Etihad being the national airline for the UAE, something should come up soon. Or find something which is local but not too far across the world.

Thanks so much for your reply.
That makes me feel a little more at ease.
There are some in the next few weeks but its not showing up on my account.
Hopefully something will come up soon in the UAE or close to here so I don't have to fly to morocco (next avaliable)
Very keen and excited.
Thanks again :)

28 months ago

Yh that's what happened to me. I was ready to book flights and accommodation to morocco then my gut said to check once more then an opening came up in London so just sit tight. I know it's the worst feeling ever. Unfortunately I didn't get through with Etihad got elongated before final interview, but I will apply again in June once the 6 months is up. Good luck, all the best

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

adannae in Kingston Upon Thames, United Kingdom said: Yh that's what happened to me. I was ready to book flights and accommodation to morocco then my gut said to check once more then an opening came up in London so just sit tight. I know it's the worst feeling ever. Unfortunately I didn't get through with Etihad got elongated before final interview, but I will apply again in June once the 6 months is up. Good luck, all the best

I am so anxious, and excited.
Thank you so much for our feed back - it makes me feel better as the email was unclear as how long i had to respond.
Morocco would be cool - just a little expensive for flights & accommodation at the moment!
Good luck for you application in June! Hopefully it will be a breeze for you as you have done the process before.
Is the assessment difficult?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Thanks. The assessment is not difficult, you just need to be yourself buy be very confident especially speaking in front of 150 people and be able to talk about someone else. So practice speaking to large groups of people and look the part. Make sure u are well groomed. That's all really. Make sure u got all your paperwork in order and just prepare yourself block into the company and make sure u know your stuff

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

adannae in Kingston Upon Thames, United Kingdom said: Thanks. The assessment is not difficult, you just need to be yourself buy be very confident especially speaking in front of 150 people and be able to talk about someone else. So practice speaking to large groups of people and look the part. Make sure u are well groomed. That's all really. Make sure u got all your paperwork in order and just prepare yourself block into the company and make sure u know your stuff

thanks again.
did you get tested on the swimming? wondering how that works when you are well groomed :)
you have been very helpful!

28 months ago

adannae in Kingston Upon Thames, United Kingdom said: This is how it works:
1.hand in cv and passport photo. Then proceed to reach rest. This is lengthy depending how many people are invited to the assessment day
2. Group activity- you broken into groups of 2 or 3. Find out information about each other and then do a presentation I'm front of everyone. This may vary country to country or assessment day
Elimination
3. Another group activity. You have be put into a scenario or build something, may vary
Elimination
4.role play. Given a scenario and u must act out what u would do in that situation
Elimination
5.final interview- one to one interview with an assessor or a panel

Only once u have been taken on u will do a swim test Etc which is done with the medical assessment once given employment
It's a lengthy process but once You get the job it is all worth it.

Great, thanks so much.
Does anyone know what they look for in the reference letter from your current employer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Vr in Mumbai, India

26 months ago

who="Huseyin in Antalya, Turkey"]starting 9.30 and then info about Etihad airways and your job untill 11.30 then 40 minutes exam (English exam.consist of 5 categories..based on articles,filled the blank with works vs.question about one script vx then totally 10 questions about foods and beverages like what is Port wine? (this is only for F&B manager applicants) if you only success from this part then you go to final interview..final interview is they ask you problem and you need to sort out that complain last thing 20 minutes interview questions

personal appearance are very very important than Technical knowledge vs
what strikes me unfortunately they expect people to fail probably that s the reason assessment takes all day.hope its useful information
good luck!

Hi...thanks for the above info.
I'm going for my assessment for fnb manager next month.
Can you please tell me if I need to prepare or read any thing in specific.
What are the questions like in written test and personal interview?
Core fnb related or general?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mariacy in Cyprus

25 months ago

CP in Larnaca, Cyprus said: Hi guys!!
Im just wondering since all slots are booked for AD till April 28th, do you think it would be okay for someone who got an invitation to an AD, to go to an OD??
I just don't want to wait so long for slots that may become available???
has anyone done this before?

Hi CP,

I have the same problem with etihad because they do not open so many slots near Cyprus or Greece...i am from Larnaca too
I do not think so that we can go to an OD because we have already pass the procedure by applying online. The AD is the next step after the OD.
Email me if u want ( mariaandreo@gmail.com) maybe we can find a slot near us and we can go together...

Maria

Chaker Saadi in Tunis, Tunisia

24 months ago

Fara in Mauritius said: Hi dear
I send my application to etihad airways and I got an email to book an assessment day, do i have to travel for the interview. I called the customer care but nobody answer. Please help

Hi , definetly worthy to travel , just put on ur best suit and head to nearest assessment day.
interview is easy and wish u good luck !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

alew in Mugla, Turkey said: Hi Chaker Saadi,

Two weeks ago i visit the website of Etihad and applied for cabin crew position then two days later they were invited me Casablanca-13th of may-. While i was thinking of invitation it has been max ten days then i decided to apply but i saw that i was closed. When i sent an e-mail them about that prob they said it was normal because of full people. However there is an open day- 15th of may- do u think i should go to open day or not, i mean when i go there how much i have a chance?

Hi , first of all , i know average people (looks & knowledge) who passed the EY interview , do if u r above average then i give you 70 -> 80 % . its totally worthy . go for it and good luck !
just wear the best suit you have and put on some perfume and keep smiling thats it !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

alew in Mugla, Turkey

24 months ago

Chaker Saadi in Tunis, Tunisia said: Hi , first of all , i know average people (looks & knowledge) who passed the EY interview , do if u r above average then i give you 70 -> 80 % . its totally worthy . go for it and good luck !
just wear the best suit you have and put on some perfume and keep smiling thats it !

So you mean that it s not the difference between open and invitation day, if somebody average person so she/he can be selected in those days..Thank you btw! :)

24 months ago

exaaaactly !! go go go , i went to an open day and i was lucky to get accepted thanks GOD !!

alew in Mugla, Turkey

24 months ago

Chaker Saadi in Tunis, Tunisia said: exaaaactly !! go go go , i went to an open day and i was lucky to get accepted thanks GOD !!

I am really inspired by you, thank you Chaker God bless you! :)

24 months ago

thank you :) , i'll be waiting for you in Abu dhabi , i'll buy you a drink :D

alew in Mugla, Turkey

24 months ago

Chaker Saadi in Tunis, Tunisia said: thank you :) , i'll be waiting for you in Abu dhabi , i'll buy you a drink :D

haha you are so generous, thank u! :) are u in abu dhabi exactly?

24 months ago

yes, abu dhabi house of etihad :)
contact me directly on my email
sheker4u@live.fr

Paul in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

24 months ago

Hi friends, I have got selected as F&B manager and will be joing on 2nd of June...please let me know if anybody is joining on that day.... See u... Paul

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JIA Taiwanese in Muscat, Oman

24 months ago

Paul in Dubai, United Arab Emirates said: Hi friends, I have got selected as F&B manager and will be joing on 2nd of June...please let me know if anybody is joining on that day.... See u... Paul

Hey there!!My training will start on 2nd of June as well, but i will be under cc training not F&B manager. Anyway, good luck and all the best for both of us.

See ya in Abu Dhabi!! Jia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Paul in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

24 months ago

See you... I am so excited !!!!

Aza in Kazakhstan

24 months ago

Hi everyone!!
I'm an asian guy 21 years old. I wanna be a flight attendant in etihad..first of all what I have to do? :)
I didn't sign up on etihad's site because I wanna be ready for any recruitment process but right now I know nothing about it...PLEASE someone tell me what I have to do first..
my email: azik.manutd@gmail.com
Best regards

alew in Mugla, Turkey

24 months ago

hey guys,

Is there anybody going to Casablanca for cabin crew?? Cause im going there at 13th!

Venus crescent in West New York, New Jersey

24 months ago

alew in Mugla, Turkey
5 days ago
hey guys,

Is there anybody going to Casablanca for cabin crew?? Cause im going there at 13th!

- hi alew I m also Turkish. I think u have your AD tomorrow. I hope so u can make it. Good luck;)) I've been invited to an AD I m planning to flight Abu Dhabi next mont. but I live in ny and that's so expensive;(( if you don't mind I would love to hear about details of your AD. You can email me or replay directly here. U can also write Turkish too. I just didn't want to write here in Turkish. I look forward to hearing some good news about yourAD soon from you. Here is my email; phoenix.ny@hotmail.com good luck again;)

Venus crescent in West New York, New Jersey

24 months ago

alew in Mugla, Turkey said: hey guys,

- hi alew I m also Turkish. I think u have your AD tomorrow. I hope so u can make it. Good luck;)) I've been invited to an AD I m planning to flight Abu Dhabi next mont. but I live in ny and that's so expensive;(( if you don't mind I would love to hear about details of your AD. You can email me or replay directly here. U can also write Turkish too. I just didn't want to write here in Turkish. I look forward to hearing some good news about yourAD soon from you. Here is my email; phoenix.ny@hotmail.com good luck again;)

alew in Mugla, Turkey

23 months ago

hey guys,

I have just done with the all interviews, finally!! :)) now im waiting for the result and u know i dont need to say that im excited :))) i can die!!

Aza in Kokshetau, Kazakhstan

23 months ago

alew in Mugla, Turkey said: hey guys,

I have just done with the all interviews, finally!! :)) now im waiting for the result and u know i dont need to say that im excited :))) i can die!!

Good luck dude :)
Keep calm...hope you did it :)

Kinch in Bogotá, Colombia

23 months ago

Hello everyone,

I have my assessment day for the cabin crew position with Etihad airways in about one month. Can somebody help me with some tips please? I really want to be successful in the interview. What are we asked to do that day? What about the English test? what kind of questions do they ask? etc etc... all the information you can provide...please..HELP! I'm nervous because I have no idea about that kind of AD.

Thanks in advance :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lala in Aurora, Colorado

23 months ago

When are they coming to recruit in USA?

alew in Mugla, Turkey

23 months ago

hey dude!!
now it s time to tell u the interview
first, i have got a ticket to Casablanca and arranged my hotel- Hotel Astrid- that it was a cute hote
then after 5 hours i was just there in Casablanca
when i have arrived there it was evening and i slept about 3,and i woke up at about 6,30 am. So can you imagine how drunk i look! :))
but it was ok i was not sleepy. Once i wore my suit i have gone to the Sheraton Otel.
We were about 100 and there was 3 recruiters that they were just adorable!!
First we were showed some presentation about Etihad then we made a queue, there we were measured and a first looking when handing the cv.
After that we are said we should introduce the person next to us to the everybody.
Then we were selected that end of that we were just over 30.
After that we were said to play a team game that was match of countries and create a slogan about a country inside them,
Again we were selected , end of the day 12 people left.They want us to come tomorrow for the final interview that was face to face.
I am done with my finl interview and now waiting the result hotly!!

alew in Mugla, Turkey

23 months ago

Dear Kinch,

I forgot to mention about the english but trust me it s not worht to refer, too easy! I was in Casablanca btw..

kinch

23 months ago

Dear Alew thank you very much for answering, I'm really anxious about this since I'll have my AD in one month. Your comments helped me a lot, however, if you remember something else I would appreciate any information you could give me to be successful there at the Etihad academy.

Thanks again,

Best wishes.

alew in Mugla, Turkey

23 months ago

Dear Kinch,

Dont be nervous, just be cool about the interview, think that like you are a sophisticated lady and also you can share this talent with someone else! There just be sharing and careful but not sarcastic and too confident! Course always smile to the people! Now maybe you cant trust me but the answers are nothing thhere your apperance will be the point to them :)

Goodd luck!

Kinch

23 months ago

Thank you Alew, you are such a nice person.

I'll follow your advices!

All my best to you :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

alew in Mugla, Turkey

23 months ago

but i have something in my mind that dont know how many people they need?? we were just 12 during final interview..

alew in Mugla, Turkey

23 months ago

Kinch said: Thank you Alew, you are such a nice person.

I'll follow your advices!

All my best to you :)

you are welcome hon, and good luck to you!

PS: Could you pray for me cause i still waiting for he result :(

Nina in Casablanca, Morocco

23 months ago

alew in Mugla, Turkey said: you are welcome hon, and good luck to you!

PS: Could you pray for me cause i still waiting for he result :(

Hey Alew ^^
I've got email from etihad , i'm in there holding pool :( i don't know if it good or bad thing ?
What about you ??

Kinch

23 months ago

Hi Alew of course I'll pray for you, don't worry everything is going to be ok, by the way, do you have any idea how long would it takes to know the final results?

Maybe somebody here knows, what happen after the interviews are over?

What is the meaning of that "holding pool" ?

kinch

23 months ago

Alew I have the same question, how many people do the need? I don't understand their recruitment process :s

23 months ago

Hey congrats :)...
Afetr one week i ve got this : Following your final interview, we are pleased to inform you that your application for the position of Cabin Crew has been successful.

We will now proceed to contact the referees provided on your assessment day. Please bear in mind that unsatisfactory references may result in the withdrawal of our offer.

You will now be kept in our holding pool and we shall notify you when we have a training course date available for you.

However, should we not be able to place you on a training course within the next 6 months you may be required to reapply for the position online,,,

what do u think about it ? i really dont know what to do ?

23 months ago

Kinch said: Hi Alew of course I'll pray for you, don't worry everything is going to be ok, by the way, do you have any idea how long would it takes to know the final results?

Maybe somebody here knows, what happen after the interviews are over?

What is the meaning of that "holding pool" ?

No idea :(

kinch

23 months ago

OMG! Nina, I really don't know what to think about it, I'm kind of disappointed, how come they would say that you should wait 6 months or you would have to re apply only for the position? I don't get it. That means that nothing is sure yet? :s

Anyways nina congrats :) you passed the interview! I hope you get the training course very soon.

Now I'm worried because I'll travel from Colombia South America to Abu Dhabi just to assist to the assessment day but I thought they were going to hire if I passed the AD, have you any idea how expensive the trip would cost me? That is a lot of money I'll tell you that.... Awww...I'm sad, I don't know what to think about it.

Nina and Alew please let me know any new news you get from Etihad, I need to know what to expect...

Have a great day girls!

Best wishes :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

safae mini in rabat, Morocco

23 months ago

actually i received the same email from them .. when did u pass the interview

venus crescent in New York, New York

23 months ago

Hi everyone;) i m going to attend an assessment day on june19th at etihad academy. Anyone else planning to go? If yes I would love to meet;)

Kinch

23 months ago

Dear Venus,

I will go on the same day, see you there ;)

lala in Aurora, Colorado

23 months ago

venus crescent in New York, New York said: Hi everyone;) i m going to attend an assessment day on june19th at etihad academy. Anyone else planning to go? If yes I would love to meet;)[/QUOTE

Hey... Did you get invited and which other states are they going to.
Thx :)

Mysoul in Manchester, United Kingdom

23 months ago

Hi guys,

Someone went to the interview for Guest Affair Officer in Manchester. I had the interview on the 20th and still not getting any response. The last day for applications was Friday.

Thanks

venus crescent in New York, New York

22 months ago

Huseyin merhaba Ben zumrut. Bende temmuzda cabin crew icin gorusmeye gidicem etihad a. Sana sormak istedigim vizeni nasil aldin. Nekadr surdu islemlerini anlatabilrmsn? Simdiden tesekkurederim;)

QUOTE who="Huseyin in Antalya, Turkey"]starting 9.30 and then info about Etihad airways and your job untill 11.30 then 40 minutes exam (English exam.consist of 5 categories..based on articles,filled the blank with works vs.question about one script vx then totally 10 questions about foods and beverages like what is Port wine? (this is only for F&B manager applicants) if you only success from this part then you go to final interview..final interview is they ask you problem and you need to sort out that complain last thing 20 minutes interview questions

personal appearance are very very important than Technical knowledge vs
what strikes me unfortunately they expect people to fail probably that s the reason assessment takes all day.hope its useful information
good luck!

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.