Compass Airlines?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 6006)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Krystal in Saint Louis, Missouri

81 months ago

I am flying to St. Paul on wednesday to interview with Compass Airlines.

Has anyone here interviewed with them or currently working for them? (I know they're new, but I'm hoping!) What was the interview process like?

Also, does anyone know about how many hours per month I can expect?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Thanks you all! I went to the interview and they were really nice. I thought it was going to be a group interview but it turned out to be a one-on-one! (YIKES, talk about unnerving!) I ended up getting there almost an hour early because I didn't know how far the office was from the airport and didn't want to risk being late!

They did send me for th FBI fingerprinting and drug test and paid fr my cab fare back to the airport. Is that a good sign? The recruiter said it would take 2-4 weeks. *fingers crossed*

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

POSH in Los Angeles, California

81 months ago

Yes, that is a very good sign! They probably didn't tell you were hired (yet) because they may want to be sure your background check and drug test clears--and this generally takes a couple weeks or more for them to get back to you about it. Let us know when you know for sure! Congratulations!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I just got a call from the recruiter with Compass. Training starts January 2nd!

SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!

*Happy dance*

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Commuter policy? Do explain! :) (I haven't recieved my packet yet)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

My concern is that I have two children and a husband who will not be leaving st. louis. I do't think I can afford to keep flying home.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

But compass doesn't fly into St. Louis. Nortwest does, I know, but I doubt it would be free. I can't afford spending $100/week just in air fare.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Eder in Chicago, Illinois

80 months ago

Krystal in Saint Louis, Missouri said: Thanks you all! I went to the interview and they were really nice. I thought it was going to be a group interview but it turned out to be a one-on-one! (YIKES, talk about unnerving!) I ended up getting there almost an hour early because I didn't know how far the office was from the airport and didn't want to risk being late!

They did send me for th FBI fingerprinting and drug test and paid fr my cab fare back to the airport. Is that a good sign? The recruiter said it would take 2-4 weeks. *fingers crossed*

hey evry one i just had an interview with compass on thursday 29!!! i think it well wen for what i read??? i got finger printed and dot test?? i hope its a good sign!!! thay told me that they would let me know with a decision by mail within 4 to 5 weeks?? dose any one know if its a good sign?? please let me know would apreciate ur help!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

hey evry one i just had an interview with compass on thursday 29!!! i think it well wen for what i read??? i got finger printed and dot test?? i hope its a good sign!!! thay told me that they would let me know with a decision by mail within 4 to 5 weeks?? dose any one know if its a good sign?? please let me know would apreciate ur help!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

TRIMD4TKOFF in nw subs chicago, Illinois

80 months ago

Eder in Chicago, Illinois said: hey evry one i just had an interview with compass on thursday 29!!! i think it well wen for what i read??? i got finger printed and dot test?? i hope its a good sign!!! thay told me that they would let me know with a decision by mail within 4 to 5 weeks?? dose any one know if its a good sign?? please let me know would apreciate ur help!!!

Yes, that is a good sign! I just got my class date of 1/2/07 and that sounds like the same procedure. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Well, I got my training packet and it DOES look like I can fly for free through NW! That puts me at ease!

Hmmm....one month until training.... :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

David in Chandler, Arizona

80 months ago

Krystal in Saint Louis, Missouri said: Well, I got my training packet and it DOES look like I can fly for free through NW! That puts me at ease!

Hmmm....one month until training.... :)

Krystal, does the training packet explain if the 'fly for free' is regular passage or stand-by? Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Standby. ALL airline non-rev tickets are standby.

Ill take it. I have kids and my husband will not be moving so I need a way to get home to see them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kim in Groveland,IL

80 months ago

Hi everyone,

Have been reading your posts about Compass. I was called three months ago to interview but declined due to getting training with another airline. I have since left that airline due to family medical issues and was thinking about trying to call and see if I am still eligible to interview. Does anyone have info on what reserve might belike with them? I too have a family and would have to commute out of my regional here. I know we have quite a few flight out daily to MSP and DET. Any info would be helpful. Also, does anyone have a phone number I might try to call and see about an interview?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kim in Groveland,IL

80 months ago

Bleach boy,

Thanks for the info. I may cosider calling them. I have an interview with DAL tomorrow so I will see what happens with them first.

Thanks again.

80 months ago

Bleach Boy,
Would you mind giving me your email address. I'm scheduled for the training class 1/2 with Compass would like to ask you some q's if you don't mind.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

eder in Seattle, Washington

80 months ago

Hey guys how long did it take for yous guys to get called, for training??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Mine took about two weeks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Krystal in Saint Louis, Missouri said: Mine took about two weeks.

Hey Krystal if u dnt mind me asking you when exactly did u have your interview? and when did they call you??

80 months ago

I had my interview on the 14th. They called me on tuesday of last week. I got my training packet on thursday.

80 months ago

Krystal in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I had my interview on the 14th. They called me on tuesday of last week. I got my training packet on thursday.

Thank you so much!!! all i could do is wait for them to call!!!

TRIMD4TKOFF

80 months ago

[Edited by Host] Contact info deleted

Please do not post Contact info in the forums.
If you would like to set up a profile please go here to log in
www.indeed.com/my/profile

My wife flies in Bay Village, Ohio

80 months ago

David in Chandler, Arizona said: Krystal, does the training packet explain if the 'fly for free' is regular passage or stand-by? Thank you

You fly stand-by.

tita in Miami, Florida

80 months ago

what if they don't drug test you right away does that mean you don't have the job

80 months ago

tita in Miami, Florida said: what if they don't drug test you right away does that mean you don't have the job

Um hey tita what did they tell u when u went to the interview?

tita in Miami, Florida

80 months ago

that they'll call me in two weeks

80 months ago

tita in Miami, Florida said: that they'll call me in two weeks

umm wiered cuse i got finger printed and dot test on th same day!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

TRIMD4TKOFF said: [Edited by Host] Contact info deleted

Please do not post Contact info in the forums.
If you would like to set up a profile please go here to log in
www.indeed.com/my/profile

hey when did u have ur interview with compass airlines??? and when did they call u to let you know about your training date?? i would apreciate your help alot!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Trimd4tkoff

80 months ago

Eder in Chicago, Illinois said: hey when did u have ur interview with compass airlines??? and when did they call u to let you know about your training date?? i would apreciate your help alot!!!

My interview was 10/28, same day I did fingerprinting and drug testing, within 2 weeks I was offered the job (guessing once background cleared). Training date was set for 1/2/08. I just declined the offer because I got some "better" offers money wise and closer to home. I think Compass is a great company to start out and move up the ranks fast though. You will be senior/line holder in no time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Trimd4tkoff said: My interview was 10/28, same day I did fingerprinting and drug testing, within 2 weeks I was offered the job (guessing once background cleared). Training date was set for 1/2/08. I just declined the offer because I got some "better" offers money wise and closer to home. I think Compass is a great company to start out and move up the ranks fast though. You will be senior/line holder in no time.

That was fast and its weird to, because I went to the interview on Nov 28, but the next day they had an open house, I’m guessing I did great on the interview because I got Fingerprinted and Drug tested on the same day!!! They paid for everything; I don’t think a company that’s barley starting, would pay for finger printing and dot test just because? They told me it was going to take 4-5 weeks for them to make a decision I’m guessing, they wanted to waited until the open house was over for them to start running the backgrounds checks. What do u think??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

That was fast and its weird to, because I went to the interview on Nov 28, but the next day they had an open house, Im guessing I did great on the interview because I got Fingerprinted and Drug tested on the same day!!! They paid for everything; I dont think a company thats barley starting, would pay for finger printing and dot test just because? They told me it was going to take 4-5 weeks for them to make a decision Im guessing, they wanted to waited until the open house was over for them to start running the backgrounds checks. What do u think??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Eder in Chicago, Illinois said: That was fast and its weird to, because I went to the interview on Nov 28, but the next day they had an open house, Im guessing I did great on the interview because I got Fingerprinted and Drug tested on the same day!!! They paid for everything; I dont think a company thats barley starting, would pay for finger printing and dot test just because? They told me it was going to take 4-5 weeks for them to make a decision Im guessing, they wanted to waited until the open house was over for them to start running the backgrounds checks. What do u think??

hang in there, it's only been a few weeks. They are dealing with a new class starting, holidays etc...

no, if they didn't want you they are not going to pay for the "extras"....that's a good sign.

good luck!

80 months ago

Eder in Chicago, Illinois said: That was fast and its weird to, because I went to the interview on Nov 28, but the next day they had an open house, Im guessing I did great on the interview because I got Fingerprinted and Drug tested on the same day!!! They paid for everything; I dont think a company thats barley starting, would pay for finger printing and dot test just because? They told me it was going to take 4-5 weeks for them to make a decision Im guessing, they wanted to waited until the open house was over for them to start running the backgrounds checks. What do u think??

skywest is hiring and they have a base in ord!! So does Shuttle America and UAL!!! More $$

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

TRIMD4TKOFF in nw subs chicago, Illinois said: skywest is hiring and they have a base in ord!! So does Shuttle America and UAL!!! More $$

hey man thank you so much i really apreciate your help!!! feel alot better!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Eder in Chicago, Illinois said: hey man thank you so much i really apreciate your help!!! feel alot better!!!

No, problem!!

You're going to experience a whole new world. ENJOY every moment. It's addicting!!

Tatiane in West Jordan, Utah

80 months ago

Jessica in Killeen, Texas said: I can tell you what I know.
Email me at: Purplestarlette85@yahoo.com

Hello there... I am going to have my interview with Compass airlines in jan and I was wondering if you know what I could expect from the interview? What is the process like? Any info will be great. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Tatiane in West Jordan, Utah said: Hello there... I am going to have my interview with Compass airlines in jan and I was wondering if you know what I could expect from the interview? What is the process like? Any info will be great. Thanks

Hi Tatiane. THe interview is pretty relaxed. You will interview with one recruiter. You will need to fill out a paper application when you get there so just make sure to arrive a little early. You will be in the same waiting room as Pilot candidates. (I got to chat with three while waiting for my interview! It really helped drown out the nerves, knowing that I wasnt all alone!)

They have a coat rack in the room...use it. Wearing your coat during an interview is unprofessional.

Just be yourself. The recruiters are really nice people and very intelligent...they will be able to tell if you are faking your personality. The people who conduct the interviews aren't intimidating at all They are vey personable but you still have to maintain a professional attitude. The walk to the fingerprinting room is a good time to strike up conversation.... you can discuss things other than the interview and it helps them get an insight into the person behind the resume.

You will have a great time. (Its a bit of a whirlwind trip, but its still great!) If you have the pleasure of flying home after dark, the Twin Cities are GORGEOUS all lit up at night! MSP airport is a really nice airport and the cab company that Compass uses is great.

Good luck and have fun! Please come back and tell us how it went!

Sam in Flint, Michigan

79 months ago

Hello Everyone!

I recieved a call from Compass today and I go for and interview in January. Can anyone give me some insight about the company. Wages, Routes, ETC. Their website is new so it does not have much information up. Also, how long after the interview will I have an answer? I am suppose to leave for Mesa Training on Feb.4 but I would rather get in with Compass and NWA.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks,

-Sam-

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Sam, you have to tread lightly when it comes to giving out information such as wages. Many companies are not thrilled when you do that.

Compass will fly to a couple of dozen cities by the end of february. They are flying all brand new Embraer-175 76 passenger region jets. They are beautiful planes! Each will have two flight attendants. Compass guarantees you a generous number of guaranteed paid hours per month while on reserve(meaning the number of hours you are paid for wheather you actually fly them or not) They wages are comparable to most other regional carries with a substantial raise after 6 months. Health benefits are good and you accumulate paid vacation time as well as other benefits.

I was impressed with them. I leave for training on tuesday...classes start on wednesday. It took me 2 weeks to hear back from them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sam in Flint, Michigan

79 months ago

Ok, Thank You. I have already been accepted into Mesa training wihich starts Feb.4 but I would much rather get in with Compass considering they are opening a a hub in DTW, Only 1hr from my home :-) If it takes 2 weeks on the dot, I will recieve notfication 3 days before I am suppose to go to PHX. Wish me luck!

Thanks a lot,

-Sam-

Gwash in PH, New Jersey

79 months ago

Krystal in Saint Louis, Missouri said: Sam, you have to tread lightly when it comes to giving out information such as wages. Many companies are not thrilled when you do that.

Compass will fly to a couple of dozen cities by the end of february. They are flying all brand new Embraer-175 76 passenger region jets. They are beautiful planes! Each will have two flight attendants. Compass guarantees you a generous number of guaranteed paid hours per month while on reserve(meaning the number of hours you are paid for wheather you actually fly them or not) They wages are comparable to most other regional carries with a substantial raise after 6 months. Health benefits are good and you accumulate paid vacation time as well as other benefits.

I was impressed with them. I leave for training on tuesday...classes start on wednesday. It took me 2 weeks to hear back from them.

Hi Kystal, Congrats!!
What it the website for compass?

79 months ago

www.compassairline.com You can apply right on their site.

Sam in Flint, Michigan

79 months ago

How long did it take some of you to get your Flight Reservations for your interview? She told me to check today but I have yet to recieve anything.

-Sam-

79 months ago

I recieved my flight the day after she called me for my phone interview. It is the holidays and flight are at a premium right now so that can cause delays. If she called you and set up an interview, rest assured, they will get your flight information to you as soon a possible. You just have to be patient.

Sam in Flint, Michigan

79 months ago

Ok, Thank You! She told me it could I could get them Monday but she was pretty sure I would get it yesturday!

-Sam-

79 months ago

Man, the spammers must be getting bored! They're not even TRYING anymore!

Steve in Des Moines, Iowa

79 months ago

Does anyone know if Compass FA's have jumpseat privelages on all NWA carriers including main line? Anyone working for Compass that is commuting?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

I am commuting but I doubt that compass would have spare jumpseats....their planes are only designed with two, if I remember correctly.

I am just using the non-rev priveleges. I've flown standby before..you just have to give yourself time in case the flight you want is full.

Sam in Flint, Michigan

79 months ago

Krystal in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I am commuting but I doubt that compass would have spare jumpseats....their planes are only designed with two, if I remember correctly.

I am just using the non-rev priveleges. I've flown standby before..you just have to give yourself time in case the flight you want is full.

Correct, Just know when you want to travel and know when flights leave. The only problem with non-reving is around the holidays.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Des Moines, Iowa

79 months ago

Thanks for the reply, I know how non-rev works, but I just was not sure if you live in a city that is served by compass/mesaba/pinacle and main line if you can jupseat meain line as a complass FA during holidays.
Can Compass FA's jumpseat on mainline NWA?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.