Continental United Flight Attendant Hiring posted August 27 / 2012.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 1192)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

nycs in Long Island, New York

24 months ago

Welcome Everyone,
This forum is set up for all of us who are applying for the recent post(8/27/2012)of FA hiring to share as much info as possible.

Please everyone I decided to start this forum in order to keep it FOCUSED on the most recent FA hiring post so we can share most up to date info...since the other forum is from 2011 hiring process and there are too many pgs to go through.

I wish All of us the Best of Luck!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jmewso in New York

24 months ago

I also applied. My status still says "Open". Anyone else?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

EWRFA in Newark, New Jersey

24 months ago

It has been taking approx. 6 months to get an email forwarding your application to Inflight for review. I "think" it takes a week after that to get another one inviting you to call for an interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Obsydian in Texas

24 months ago

I'm just coming in here since it's a shiny new thread on United hiring.
I applied in January I believe, or around there, and am interviewing on the 6th next month.
It's quite a bit of a wait. :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jmewso in New York

24 months ago

I applied last year and they sent me an e-mail after about 2 weeks with a number to call to schedule an interview. I called well over 1,000 times (pathetic, I know) and never got through! Here's hoping this time will work out better!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ready2fly in Chicago, Illinois

24 months ago

I applied mon. Mine also says "open" goodluck everyone :)

newtoChicago12 in Shaumburg, Illinois

24 months ago

This is an awesome idea! It's nice to get up to date info! I finally got a chance to apply today and my status says "open." I've always wanted to work for United! Good luck everyone! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Hi everyone,
I've been having computer problem since this morning after I started this forum. I was only able to post in 1 of the other forums "Co FA group interview" in order for anyone who would like to join us here and I am still unable to access the other forum "upcoming United FA hiring" so can someone PLEASE pst there to inform them of this forum...Thank You!

I applied last year and was iinvited for an interview in IAH, However I was unable to make it to the interview so I am hoping to be invited soon and I hope to attened training and earn my new FA wings....I do miss flying very much.

Good Luck Everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Girl friday in Augusta, Georgia

24 months ago

I applied yesterday evening hoping to here something soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Girl friday in Augusta, Georgia

24 months ago

I applied yesterday evening hoping to here something soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

RFA-ORD in San Francisco, California

24 months ago

Applied in February

Received the "Your application has been forwarded to recruiters" email last week.

Received email to call and set up an interview day a week later.

On my way to interview on the second week of September.

It took me 6 months to hear back.

:-) Good luck to all!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Hi Everyone,
Does anyone knows what month did they close/took down the previous FA posting???

I hope some of you had applied in Feb 2012 or later will know the answer to my question.

The reason I am posting this question so we ALL would get an idea of the time frame for those of us who just applied to this recent posting....meaning if they are almost done with going through he applications fro the previous posting which was 6/24/2011.

Thank You in advance for ansering this question...
Good Luck everyone!

jmewso in New York

24 months ago

Anyone here anything yet? I'm assuming it will take a while as others have posted.

jmewso in New York

24 months ago

jmewso in New York said: Anyone here anything yet? I'm assuming it will take a while as others have posted.

Oh god, how embarrassing. Talk about spelling error of the year! I meant to say did anyone HEAR anything, not here.

IAH-Houston in Humble, Texas

24 months ago

Hi I applied last year and made it to the 3rd interview. I applied again at the end of Aug. I hope this time I get the job. (fingers crossed)

want2fly in San Antonio, Texas

24 months ago

My interview is in Houston on the 11th. I'm not sure what to expect. Anyone else on that date?

want2fly in San Antonio, Texas

24 months ago

I had applied in February too and had given up on ever hearing anything from them. About two weeks ago I go the email that said they forwarded my application to Recuruiting. That was on a Monday, and by that Friday I had my flight and interview set up. I'm flying in on Sept. 10.

mefly in Tucker, Georgia

24 months ago

I just applied for f/a position. I uploaded my resume, my work and education history, agreed to all company requirements and listed my languages . There was no other assigments, like personality test or work ethics test. Did I do something wrong with my initial application? That is why they didn't put me thrugh the next level? Or this is their snandart procedure? Please let me know . My status says open.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ready2fly in Chicago, Illinois

24 months ago

mefly in Tucker, Georgia said: I just applied for f/a position. I uploaded my resume, my work and education history, agreed to all company requirements and listed my languages . There was no other assigments, like personality test or work ethics test. Did I do something wrong with my initial application? That is why they didn't put me thrugh the next level? Or this is their snandart procedure? Please let me know . My status says open.

No u did it right. Well actually I was confused to. I uploaded my resume and it said not to do your work or education history if you uploaded a resume....so I didn't. So idk who did it "right" but there was nothing more to do like a test or anything.

lovetofly86 in Yuba City, California

24 months ago

IAH-Houston in Humble, Texas said: Hi I applied last year and made it to the 3rd interview. I applied again at the end of Aug. I hope this time I get the job. (fingers crossed)

When did you interview from last years application?

IAH-Houston in Humble, Texas

24 months ago

lovetofly86 in Yuba City, California said: When did you interview from last years application?

I interviewed last year around Oct, but you can apply again after one year of you inital application, which mine was in March of 2011.

flyfly in Los Angeles, California

24 months ago

IAH-Houston in Humble, Texas said: I interviewed last year around Oct, but you can apply again after one year of you inital application, which mine was in March of 2011.

At the bottom of the job description, it states, that you may apply one year from your interview date.

24 months ago

IAH-Houston in Humble, Texas said: I interviewed last year around Oct, but you can apply again after one year of you inital application, which mine was in March of 2011.

Are you sure you applied in March 2011??? because the FA posted on 6/24/2011.

24 months ago

Hi Everyone,
to clerify the point of when to re-apply...here is a copy from there recent FA posting. Hope it helps.

If you have interviewed with us before, you must wait one year from your interview to reapply. Please do not create more than one application. Creating more than one application can jeopardize your candidacy.

mefly in Tucker, Georgia

24 months ago

ready2fly in Chicago, Illinois said: No u did it right. Well actually I was confused to. I uploaded my resume and it said not to do your work or education history if you uploaded a resume....so I didn't. So idk who did it "right" but there was nothing more to do like a test or anything.

Thank you, that helps.

jbabuluc in Somerset, New Jersey

24 months ago

Applied on Aug 27 as soon as they opened the F/A position, but it look as they r first calling the people that applied 6 months ago, do you guys think this is about right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Does anyone know if they are currently having trainng classes in session???

Does anyone know when was the last training classes started for 2012??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jbabuluc in Somerset, New Jersey

24 months ago

want2fly in San Antonio, Texas said: I had applied in February too and had given up on ever hearing anything from them. About two weeks ago I go the email that said they forwarded my application to Recuruiting. That was on a Monday, and by that Friday I had my flight and interview set up. I'm flying in on Sept. 10.

Good luck on your interview..

24 months ago

Hi Everyone,
Please HELP....someone or all share the following..

1) what their profile showing as far as the Job ID??? current posting 8/2012.

2) What their profile status currently?? current applicant 8/2012.

3) what their profile status changed to if they have been scheduled for an interview?? previous applicants 2011 who are currently interviewing.

Thank You...Good Luck to All of us.

24 months ago

I missed 1 question on my last post.

Please can someone who had applied last year(2011) and needs to
re-apply now for 2012 posting answer this question....

Do you use the previous username and password from last year or did you CREATE NEW username and password???

I am wondering if using the previous username and password will pull up the previous profile but then how would you be able to answer the questions of the recent application since you can only update your profile.

Thank You to all of you who will be responding to my questions and giving me piece of mind.

Gonna be an FA soon in Milltown, New Jersey

23 months ago

nycs in Long Island, New York said: I missed 1 question on my last post.

Please can someone who had applied last year(2011) and needs to
re-apply now for 2012 posting answer this question....

Do you use the previous username and password from last year or did you CREATE NEW username and password???

I am wondering if using the previous username and password will pull up the previous profile but then how would you be able to answer the questions of the recent application since you can only update your profile.

Thank You to all of you who will be responding to my questions and giving me piece of mind.

Hi nycs! You are supposed to use your previous user name and password. I signed in with my information, then clicked on the new flight attendant posting, then it brought me to the new application questions. I am unsure of what/why you are asking this, can you not pull up the new questions under your old profile? If that is the case, maybe you did not wait long enough to reapply? Anyone else with an opinion/or answer, please chime in. I was able to reapply, but it has been over a year since I last applied and interviewed. Good luck!

Blessedbythebest in Schaumburg, Illinois

23 months ago

My profile says "you are being considered for this position." Has anyone else seen this on their profile?

ready2fly

23 months ago

Blessedbythebest in Schaumburg, Illinois said: My profile says "you are being considered for this position." Has anyone else seen this on their profile?

When did u apply?

23 months ago

ready2fly said: When did u apply?[/QUOTE

When you first complete the application and submit, is the first profile message "open"?

I applied in August.

23 months ago

I was looking at the wrong page, mine says open as well. Good luck everyone, may you all be blessed with the career you desire!!!

LAX in los angeles, California

23 months ago

Blessedbythebest in Schaumburg, Illinois said: I was looking at the wrong page, mine says open as well. Good luck everyone, may you all be blessed with the career you desire!!!

Thanks for your well wishes.

LAX in los angeles, California

23 months ago

Has anyone's "Status" says "Under Review" when they are being invited for an interview after they schedule their interview date????

OR

Has anyone's status changed to "Under Review" when their application has been forwarded to a recruiter for review?????

23 months ago

Gonna be an FA soon in Milltown, New Jersey said: Hi nycs! You are supposed to use your previous user name and password. I signed in with my information, then clicked on the new flight attendant posting, then it brought me to the new application questions. I am unsure of what/why you are asking this, can you not pull up the new questions under your old profile? If that is the case, maybe you did not wait long enough to reapply? Anyone else with an opinion/or answer, please chime in. I was able to reapply, but it has been over a year since I last applied and interviewed. Good luck!

Thank You I will try it the same way.
Does your status indicate "open"??

Gonna be an FA soon in Milltown, New Jersey

23 months ago

nycs in Long Island, New York said: Thank You I will try it the same way.
Does your status indicate "open"??

Hi nycs! Just went in and checked my status, and it says under review. My previous f.a. application status says open. That is the one that I applied to on June 24, 2011, and interviewed for over a year ago, but did not get the job. For some reason, I feel inclined to say that if your status says open, that is your previous application. Do you know if it has been over a year since you last applied? I know that the computer would not even let me reapply for the f.a. position, until they reposted the job, and it was after a year from the previous app./interview. I think even if you just applied less then a year ago, it will not let you reapply. I am pretty sure that I tried to reapply after 6 months or so, and the computer would not let me. Hope this helps. :)

Valerie in Buffalo, New York

23 months ago

I have my first interview with United on September 24th. Any tips on how the process works and questions they will ask? Is the training paid for? Very nervous!

23 months ago

jmewso in New York said: I also applied. My status still says "Open". Anyone else?

I applied and interview on the 24th.

23 months ago

want2fly in San Antonio, Texas said: I had applied in February too and had given up on ever hearing anything from them. About two weeks ago I go the email that said they forwarded my application to Recuruiting. That was on a Monday, and by that Friday I had my flight and interview set up. I'm flying in on Sept. 10.

My interview is on the 24th. Do you know if the training is paid for? Good luck to all of us! :~)

jbabuluc in East Brunswick, New Jersey

23 months ago

Valerie in Buffalo, New York said: My interview is on the 24th. Do you know if the training is paid for? Good luck to all of us! :~)

when did you apply? Was it in aug..?

jbabuluc in East Brunswick, New Jersey

23 months ago

Valerie in Buffalo, New York said: My interview is on the 24th. Do you know if the training is paid for? Good luck to all of us! :~)

When did you apply? Was it in aug..?

Colored_FA in pheonix, Arizona

23 months ago

The training is 4 weeks UNPAID

23 months ago

IAH-Houston in Humble, Texas said: Hi I applied last year and made it to the 3rd interview. I applied again at the end of Aug. I hope this time I get the job. (fingers crossed)

would you mind sharing some insight about the interview process and what took place?

23 months ago

Does anyone have flight attendant experience or just basic customer service?

guyfly2012 in chicago, Illinois

23 months ago

i apply last year and got an email on June to schedule interview but they said also if i wasn't ready for training in August please do not schedule the interview . Now my application still says "under review" also updated my profile so now also says OPEN.

UnitedStandby in Dallas, Texas

23 months ago

Valerie in Buffalo, New York said: I have my first interview with United on September 24th. Any tips on how the process works and questions they will ask? Is the training paid for? Very nervous!

where is your interview, in houston? did you apply in Aug 2012?

EWRFA in Newark, New Jersey

23 months ago

UnitedStandby in Dallas, Texas said: where is your interview, in houston? did you apply in Aug 2012?

Interviews are running about 6 months from application date. Interviews in IAH.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.