Pinnacle Airlines

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 4312)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

faith24 in Atlanta, Georgia

84 months ago

Pinnnacle angel in Jonesboro, Georgia said: I work for Pinnacle in Atlanta, good luck you will love it!!

Hi Pinnacle Angel,

I am thinking of attending one of the pinnacle open houses. In looking at the web site I am really attracted to pinnicle because of the team & family spirit. Does pinnacle have you do some of the same agility tests that the other airlines do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

wtf in Columbus, Ohio

84 months ago

I just applied online - here's hoping!! =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pinnacle Infant in Atlanta, Georgia

84 months ago

I think I am going to go to one of their open houses. I see they have one on the 6th, so I am going to try to make that one. Everyone, wish me luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Future ASA FA in Atlanta, Georgia

84 months ago

Anyone out there? Just curious, who is going to the open houses or who has been to an open house?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Pinnacle Infant in Atlanta, Georgia said: I think I am going to go to one of their open houses. I see they have one on the 6th, so I am going to try to make that one. Everyone, wish me luck

Hi Pinnacle Infant,
Please let us know how it goes at the open house tomorrow. I am planning on attending the open house on the 13th.
Good Luck!

84 months ago

Future ASA FA in Atlanta, Georgia said: Anyone out there? Just curious, who is going to the open houses or who has been to an open house?

Future ASA FA,
I will let everyone know what it is like & how it goes after I attend the open house on the 13th. I'm really sorry if I scared you about the ASA agility test. Everything in the agility test is pretty easy, I just had trouble with the 40 lb bag. Remember, I'm just one person! Go to the ASA interview & have fun. If they send you for the agility test I'm sure you will do just fine!
Best of Luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Flyboyn08 in Washington, District of Columbia

84 months ago

Good luck to all of those attending the open house in the morning!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Pinnacle Infant in Atlanta, Georgia said: I think I am going to go to one of their open houses. I see they have one on the 6th, so I am going to try to make that one. Everyone, wish me luck

Did you attend the open house yesterday? How did it go??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pinnnacle angel in Stockbridge, Georgia

84 months ago

Hi Guys!!

I was wondering that also...we need all the F/A we can get!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

I was not able to make the open house on Tuesday, but I will definitely be ther next week. Everyone, PLEASE WISH ME LUCK!!!! I have a friend who went to a previous open house and she wasn't hired. She has previous FA experience as well as excellent customer service experience.

84 months ago

faith24 in Atlanta, Georgia said: Future ASA FA,
I will let everyone know what it is like & how it goes after I attend the open house on the 13th. I'm really sorry if I scared you about the ASA agility test. Everything in the agility test is pretty easy, I just had trouble with the 40 lb bag. Remember, I'm just one person! Go to the ASA interview & have fun. If they send you for the agility test I'm sure you will do just fine!
Best of Luck to you!

Faith, I will be at the open house on the 13th as well, look forward to meeting you.

84 months ago

Pinnacle Infant in Atlanta, Georgia said: Faith, I will be at the open house on the 13th as well, look forward to meeting you.

Hi Pinnacle Infant!
I went onto the Pinnacle web site because of the last comment that some of the Memphis Open Houses were canceled. Looks like we are still on for May 13th in Atlanta. However, there is an e-mail address listed to confirm attendance for the Open Houses and to be sure space is available. So I did send an e-mail to Pinnacle confirming that I will be attending. I also sent my resume to the other e-mail address and noted that I would be attending the 13th Open House. Not sure but you may want to send an e-mail confirming your attendance too.

I look forward to seeing you there too!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Pinnacle Infant in Atlanta, Georgia said: Faith, I will be at the open house on the 13th as well, look forward to meeting you.

Hi Pinnacle Infant,
Guess we will not be meeting on May 13th. I just got an e-mail from Pinnacle stating that the Open House for May 13th in Atlanta has been canceled. The next Open House in Atlanta is June 10. I am going to do my best to attend that one. Hope to see you there!

cocoadiva in Ohio

84 months ago

How long does it take to get an invite to interview? Will Pinnacle fly on a stand by to an interview?

84 months ago

cocoadiva in Ohio said: How long does it take to get an invite to interview? Will Pinnacle fly on a stand by to an interview?

As far as I know you have to attend an open house.

84 months ago

faith24 in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hi Pinnacle Infant,
Guess we will not be meeting on May 13th. I just got an e-mail from Pinnacle stating that the Open House for May 13th in Atlanta has been canceled. The next Open House in Atlanta is June 10. I am going to do my best to attend that one. Hope to see you there!

I called the hotel earlier today because I didn't see the 13th on my letter. The hotel said they still have Pinnacle booked for the 13th. I'll give them a call again Sunday or Monday to be sure. I wonder why they cancelled (if they did cancel)?

84 months ago

faith24 in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hi Pinnacle Infant,

I will be there.

84 months ago

Pinnacle Infant in Atlanta, Georgia said: I will be there.

Hi Pinnacle Infant!

This is what the e-mail said:
I apologize; however, the ATL Open House Events for 5/13 and 6/3 have been cancelled. The next one is 6/10. I do hope that you can attend that one.
Thank you for understanding.

I'm a little disappointed because I feel like Pinnacle could be a really good match for me because team spirit & family are the most important things I am looking for :) I will definatley make arrangements to be there on 6/10, though I am wondering while they canceled some of the Open Houses. Are you here in ATL?

I will keep you posted if I hear anything new! Otherwise, see you June 10!
Take care,
Faith

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pinnnacle angel in Jonesboro, Georgia

84 months ago

Hey Guys!!

I don't know why they did that but it may be because of a budget thing. If you can book a hotel for fewer days for the open house it is less expensive. Then again I am just guessing?

Pinnacle will not fly you back and worth to the open house for the interview. That is your expense.

Hang in there, and make plans to attend, and I hope to see you guys soon!

Pamela

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

faith24 in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hi Pinnacle Infant!

I apologize; however, the ATL Open House Events for 5/13 and 6/3 have been cancelled. The next one is 6/10. I do hope that you can attend that one.

I'm a little disappointed because I feel like Pinnacle could be a really good match for me because team spirit & family are the most important things I am looking for :) I will definatley make arrangements to be there on 6/10, though I am wondering while they canceled some of the Open Houses. Are you here in ATL?

Take care,
Faith

Hey Faith,

I do live here in the Atlanta area. I have a very good vibe about them, so i don't know what happen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

cocoadiva in Ohio

84 months ago

Thank you faith34. I will have to wait for an interview held in near my area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cocoadiva in Ohio

84 months ago

Thank you faith34. I will have to wait for an interview held to be held in STW.

SA FA in Atlanta, Georgia

84 months ago

faith24 in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hi Pinnacle Infant!

Take care,
Faith

Hey Faith,

I have been checking their site and it still show the 13th. I've called the hotel and asked if they were stillhosting the open house for the 13th and they said "yes".
I'm going to go and see what happens.

84 months ago

SA FA in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hey Faith,

I have been checking their site and it still show the 13th. I've called the hotel and asked if they were stillhosting the open house for the 13th and they said "yes".
I'm going to go and see what happens.

Hi SA FA,
That's really strange.... If it wasn't actually canceled, let me know how it goes!
Good Luck!!
:)

84 months ago

faith24 in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hi SA FA,
That's really strange.... If it wasn't actually canceled, let me know how it goes!
Good Luck!!

Faith24, you're not going to the Pinnacle Open House tomorrow?

84 months ago

Pinnacle Infant in Atlanta, Georgia said: Faith24, you're not going to the Pinnacle Open House tomorrow?

Well, from the e-mail I received from Pinnacle they said it was canceled. So I am planning on attending the Open House on 6/10. I am just not confident enough that they are actually having the open house tomorrow for me to re-arrange my schedule. I don't want to advise you either way. Have you e-mailed the address on the Pinnacle site to see if it is canceled? There is an e-mail address to contact to confirm your attendance. Also, it does show May 13th next to the location, but if you look further down it list dates as May 6, June 10, etc. So again, I just don't know... and I don't know why the hotel says different than Pinnacle???

Dave in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota

84 months ago

Pinnnacle angel in Jonesboro, Georgia said: Faith good luck, and if you get hired...let me know I will give you my phone number and help you get prepared for your training.

Pinnacle Angel

Hi
I just went through the first interviews with Pinnacle and am now waiting to hear when training is scheduled. What types of things do I need to know before I leave for the 21 day training? I know I will be in Memphis. The recruiter said that possibly the training would be in June or July. Do I get something in the mail to help me prepare?
Thanks for all the advice!
Dave

84 months ago

Dave,

Write me at angelwolf00@yahoo.com, and I will hook you up with the info you need.

Pamela

84 months ago

faith24 in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hi SA FA,
Good Luck!!

Hi everyone,

Did anyone go to the ATL open house today? Just curious if it was really canceled or if the open house actually took place?

84 months ago

Has anyone heard when the 21 day trianing is going to happen? Thanks-Dave

wingsgal in Muskegon, Michigan

84 months ago

hey Dave

I was communicating with Paola from HR yesterday and she sent me a schedule for open houses and training dates. The next training date will be June 4-24, the next one will be July 2-22. there are some training dates though after these.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Hi -
Thanks for the info. I have emailed her and have not heard back yet. I have not recieved anything yet in the mail as for a comfirmation date. I am sooooo anxious to get started. I'm guessing I maybe the July training.
Thanks-Dave

luv2flygirl in Sheridan, Indiana

84 months ago

faith24 in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hi Pinnacle Angel,

Thanks so much. I have heard a few "not so nice" things about Omni. So I appretiate the info! Actually I have been hard pressed to find anyone that could say anything positive about Omni, which is too bad because I was really attracted to the international travel, as many of us with the dream of flying are.

I haven't heard anything but good things about ASA & despite spending a long day there only to not pass part of the agility test it was a great positive experience and the ASA people were really nice. There was such a great group of people there interviewing with me too! I know lots of people read these posts & I do beleive in giving credit where credit is do.

I see Pinnacle has an open house on May 13th so I am planning on attending. I have my passport & all my ducks in a row! Wish me luck, I'm looking forward to finding out more about Pinnacle & hope it will be a good fit. I will let you know how it goes :)

Take care!
Faith

Hi Faith: I've seen some of your postings on the Omni forum. Like you, I have been invited to there training and also have some concerns. I had to pass on the May 9th class and need to decide soon what I am going to do for the June 11th class. What Omni session did you attend? I went to the one on March 3rd in Atlanta. I talked to a lady there that day that was from the area and we were around the same age. I am wondering if it could be you. Anyway, I saw you on this forum and wanted to throw out a thought to you. I think I read that you wanted to stay in the ATL area. You may want to look into PSA, which operates flights for US Airways. They are a regional carrier with aircraft that seats 50 and some seat 70 pax. They have bases in Dayton, Charlotte, and Knoxville. They allow you to commute to your base and there are several non stop flights from ATL - CLT daily and I think it may be just over an hour flight. Just thought I'd share that with you.

84 months ago

luv2flygirl in Sheridan, Indiana said: Hi Faith: I've seen some of your postings on the Omni forum. Like you, I have been invited to there training and also have some concerns. I had to pass on the May 9th class and need to decide soon what I am going to do for the June 11th class. What Omni session did you attend? I went to the one on March 3rd in Atlanta. I talked to a lady there that day that was from the area and we were around the same age. I am wondering if it could be you. Anyway, I saw you on this forum and wanted to throw out a thought to you. I think I read that you wanted to stay in the ATL area. You may want to look into PSA, which operates flights for US Airways. They are a regional carrier with aircraft that seats 50 and some seat 70 pax. They have bases in Dayton, Charlotte, and Knoxville. They allow you to commute to your base and there are several non stop flights from ATL - CLT daily and I think it may be just over an hour flight. Just thought I'd share that with you.

Hi Luv2flygirl!

I attended an interview session on March 11 at OAI's offices. So I guess it wasn't me :)
I know it is a tuff decision! Unfortunitly I turned down the June class as well. My decision was based soley on my personal situation & not what I have or haven't heard about Omni... if that helps. If my ex had kept my dog I would be in training now! My thought was that it is a great opportunity to see the world, and if Omni wasn't for me then I could move on in a year or so. So, I honestly would have went with Omni & tried it if I could have!

I really appretiate the info on PSA. Your post is under Pinnacle.. are you looking at them as well? They sound great & I am excited about the open house on June 10th!

I wish you the best of luck.... follow your heart & your gut instinct!

Let me know how things work out for you!!

Thanks again,
Faith

luv2flygirl in Sheridan, Indiana

84 months ago

Pinnnacle angel in Jonesboro, Georgia said: Dave,

Write me at angelwolf00@yahoo.com, and I will hook you up with the info you need.

Pamela

Hi Pamela: Thank you for all the great info you have been sharing with us here on the forum. I am seriously considering attending one of the information sessions, but I was wondering if you could answer a couple of questions for me. Does Pinnacle allow you to commute to your base, or are you required to live there? Secondly, I have no idea what there flight pay per hour is or the per diem. Thanks for your help!

wingsgal in Michigan

84 months ago

To those who have been to Training. How many aircrafts do you have to learn? I know Pinnacle only has the crj200 and 900. What is a typical Pinnacle training schedule. I have been to a NWA and its no joke.

84 months ago

Hi Guys,

Just got back in town. Pinnacle does allow you to commute many do, but I think it is a hard thing to do. Flight pay is $15.40, and $1.50 per diem. Pinnacle has the CRJ200's which if you are based in MSP DTW or MEM you will fly this aircraft, if you are lucky and based in ATL then you get to fly the brand new CRJ900's. If you are going to training and you are based in ATL then you have to learn both aircrafts.

Training is no joke, you are right it is seven days a week 21 days long. The days can be into the night, I have been at the hangar at one in the morning. It depends when they have the aircrafts coming into the hangar for the class to look at. Prepare to get no sleep on many days.

I hope I answered your questions, goos luck to you all!

Pamela

wingsgal in Michigan

84 months ago

hey pam

Does it mean no day off at all? you go to class 7 days a week? wow I though NWA was harder. We got Sundays off.

84 months ago

We never got one Sunday off because my class was one of the largest ones they had. I heard now the classes are a lot smaller, so they may be able to let you off on Sunday. I was in class on Easter Sunday, so that tells you how intense my class was!!!

Pamela

wingsgal in Michigan

84 months ago

how big was your class pam if i may ask. And what is considered a smaller class?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

wingsgal in Michigan

84 months ago

how big was your class pam if i may ask. And what is considered a smaller class? Also if you dont ind, could you let me know what the schedule is like from day one to your IOE.

wannafly in Baxter, Minnesota

84 months ago

Wingsgal, I'll be at the June 13th open house, too. Do you have any idea what to expect at the open house?

wingsgal in Michigan

84 months ago

Wannafly

I got some paperwork from HR stipulating what to bring along. As long as I know, they bunch you up and let you get up one by one tal about about yourselves and they later pick out the few they feel can proceed to a f2f and if you pass the f2f they fingerprint and drug test you. I think thats how it goes down.

There is a wannafly in dexter michigan too. Are you the same person?

Have you been in the airline industry before?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Wingsgal, I had 40 in my class, the last classes have been 20 and ten, I think? It would be too long to tell you what your schedule is like but you basically learn the airline industry and have hands on at the hangar in your training. Your IOE is pretty simple and Pinnacle will pass you, if you feel you are not ready once you go through your IOE you can take it again!!! Pinnacle's training is not hard if you apply yourself, and if you have been an FA before then you know the "song and dance" and should have no problem.

To the girl that is going to the open house in June, just be professional, and smile, and let them know you want this as your career, and let them know about any customer service experience you have had. Dress like a FA when you go and have a resume geared toward being a FA.

Good luck!

Pamela

Out of the Blue in Lindenhurst, New York

84 months ago

Pinnacle pilot and flight attendant caught in the woods.....Hot off the Associated Press today. LOL!! I couldn't make this up if I wanted to! LOL!

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,356761,00.html

Cut and paste the entire line into your browser.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

I saw that and you should see her myspace page, where she says she likes to run around with her pants off!!!!!!!! Too funny!

wannafly in Baxter, Minnesota

84 months ago

Hi Wingsgal. Thanks for the reply. I received the same information from HR as what to bring to the open house. 'Am really looking forward to it... wish time would pass a bit faster! Are you flying into MSP for the open house?

To answer your questions, no, I don't have prior industry experience. And, no, I'm not the same "wannafly" as the person from Michigan.

84 months ago

Pinnnacle angel in Jonesboro, Georgia said: I saw that and you should see her myspace page, where she says she likes to run around with her pants off!!!!!!!! Too funny!

Hey, I didn't go to the open house on the 13th, but I am definitely going on the 10th. I just want to fly. I tried them back in December and I was turned away. I was told because Ihad previous FA experience. Do you know if that is true. If I don't get hired with Pinnacle in June I guess I will hang up my wings for good. Can you please giv eme some pointers for this open house? Thanks, I appreciate any help I can get.

84 months ago

Pinnnacle angel in Jonesboro, Georgia said: I saw that and you should see her myspace page, where she says she likes to run around with her pants off!!!!!!!! Too funny!

Hi Pinnacle Angel!
I noticed several people said they got information from HR on what to bring to the Open House. I already know what to bring but I am curious if it is a bad sign that I submitted my resume & didn't hear anything? I still plan on attending the open house in ATL open house on 6/10 and I am really looking forward to it!
Thank you,
Faith

84 months ago

Pinnacle Infant in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hey, I didn't go to the open house on the 13th, but I am definitely going on the 10th. I just want to fly. I tried them back in December and I was turned away. I was told because Ihad previous FA experience. Do you know if that is true. If I don't get hired with Pinnacle in June I guess I will hang up my wings for good. Can you please giv eme some pointers for this open house? Thanks, I appreciate any help I can get.

Pinnacle Infant,
Don't hang up your wings!! Second time is a charm! Just curious, have you tried ASA? I really liked them & I know there were people there that made all the cuts & had previous FA experience.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.