Republic Airlines, Chautauqua, Shuttle America, Frontier Airlines

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 2121)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Praxedes Morillo in miami, Florida

55 months ago

Hi, how close do I have to live from base? can I live 3 hours away from base?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

angel in Carmel, Indiana

55 months ago

Praxedes Morillo in miami, Florida said: Hi, how close do I have to live from base? can I live 3 hours away from base?

hi, did you get any replies to your question?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

angel in Carmel, Indiana

55 months ago

Sky-King04 in new york city, New York said: To those of you who had and have interviews with Republic Airways Good luck to you all. I"m sure you will have no problems getting on board.

Sky-King04

Hi Sky-King04
I'm in Indiananpolis. Republic is holding an Open House next week. What can I expect from that?
Thanks for your reply

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sky-King04 in new york city, New York

55 months ago

angel in Carmel, Indiana...... If you live in Indy and you're going to the open house...... listen to what the HR recruiters are saying to you ad they will give a choice of which subsidiary you ike to to work for. You will do finger prints and a drug test. Once you finish you will have your interview. be positive don't say anything negative and smile. You will do just fine..... good luck to you.

Sky-King04

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sky-King04 in new york city, New York

55 months ago

Praxedes Morillo in miami, Florida said: Hi, how close do I have to live from base? can I live 3 hours away from base?

You have 90mins to get to the airport.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Miles-the-Dog in Racine, Wisconsin

55 months ago

I was wondering if a current Frontier Airlines RESERVE FA based in Milwaukee could answer these questions. - What trips do you typically get called out for, and what are the durations. Do you get called for 2day trips, 5 day trips...etc. Also, what's it like without a union contract still not exactly in place? Do the crew schedulers have a tendacy to overuse you...are you basically at their mercy? How many Frontier FA's (total) are based in MKE? Thanks for any info! :)

excited in Odessa, Florida

55 months ago

sky king, question, i went to open house last week and not sure if i got it or not?? they didnt do fingerprinting there just information and then interviews, i think i did ok, is no news good news?? should i try to call them to follow up or not? i just dont want that dreaded reject email, and they were pretty clear about not wanting people to commute from florida?? help! i really want this!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

corey in Terre Haute, Indiana

54 months ago

Okay!! I'm freaking out!! Lol! Been out of the interview for 6 hours and I can't stop checking my email and phone!! HELP!!!! ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Piper: from airline family in Aurora, Colorado

53 months ago

Hi all. I am new to the site.

I appreciate this forum. I applied to Republic and have never been to an open house. This will be my first. I am nervous.

They have an open house the 25th in MI and I am getting tickets to go. Will anyone else be there to share a meal with me while we undergo the pain of the process?

Please let me know. I will fly in on the 24th be there all day then leave on the 26th.

My name is Kelly~

Piper: from airline family in Aurora, Colorado

53 months ago

corey in Terre Haute, Indiana said: Okay!! I'm freaking out!! Lol! Been out of the interview for 6 hours and I can't stop checking my email and phone!! HELP!!!! ;)

Corey~

Did you get the position?

Kelly

FA Rae in Springfield Gardens, New York

52 months ago

Piper: from airline family in Aurora, Colorado said: Hi all. I am new to the site.

I appreciate this forum. I applied to Republic and have never been to an open house. This will be my first. I am nervous.

They have an open house the 25th in MI and I am getting tickets to go. Will anyone else be there to share a meal with me while we undergo the pain of the process?

Please let me know. I will fly in on the 24th be there all day then leave on the 26th.

My name is Kelly~

hey kelly,
im planning on attending the mke open house, looking and tickets and hotels now!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Aprillyn in Ashburn, Virginia

52 months ago

Piper: from airline family in Aurora, Colorado said: Hi all. I am new to the site.

My name is Kelly~

Hi Kelly,
I will be at the open house as well. I will get to hotel late on 24th.

My name is April

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LaLolita Johnson in Atlanta, Georgia

52 months ago

Do they provide air transportation if you live far away from the openhouse cities

FrequentFlier in Oak Park, Michigan

51 months ago

LaLolita Johnson in Atlanta, Georgia said: Do they provide air transportation if you live far away from the openhouse cities

No they do not LaLolita it is your responsibility to get there

Father_of_2 in Phonix, Arizona

51 months ago

When did they stop providing transportation to the open house's. Must be something new because they use to. It's not like it cost them any money to fly you stand by

CMHFA in Lewis Center, Ohio

51 months ago

Keylolo in New York, New York said: These so called airlines are a joke, you email the recruiters to ask info and they wont give you the time of day".

They are EXTREMELY busy with hundreds of applications. They expect people to go through proper channels. (ie. apply online, wait for an invitation to an OH, etc) You will get plenty of answers at the OH...or...if you have questions BEFORE going to an OH...guess what? That's what these message boards are for.

By the by...with an attitude like that, I sincerely hope you don't apply at this "so called airline." Please and thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

JET-nyc in Manhattan

51 months ago

JET BLUE is hiring agn..

atpcliff in Green Bay, Wisconsin

49 months ago

Republic Holding Company (or something like that) owns:
Frontier
Midwest (Midwest brand name is being changed to Frontier)
Lynx
Shuttle America
Chautauqua
Republic

Lynx is a feeder airline for Frontier.
All of the "branded" flying (passengers booked on and flying on Republic Holding's own airplanes....if it is a Republic plane flying feeder passengers for a bigger airline, it is not "branded" flying) is being combined under the brand name of "Frontier".
SA/Chaut.../Republic brand names all will be flying feeder passengers for larger airlines.

All the pilots from the 7 airlines above will be combined into one master seniority list. I do not know about the FAs.

flygirl in Kenosha, Wisconsin

49 months ago

atpcliff in Green Bay, Wisconsin said: Republic Holding Company (or something like that) owns:
Frontier
Midwest (Midwest brand name is being changed to Frontier)
Lynx
Shuttle America
Chautauqua
Republic

Lynx is a feeder airline for Frontier.
All of the "branded" flying (passengers booked on and flying on Republic Holding's own airplanes....if it is a Republic plane flying feeder passengers for a bigger airline, it is not "branded" flying) is being combined under the brand name of "Frontier".
SA/Chaut.../Republic brand names all will be flying feeder passengers for larger airlines.

All the pilots from the 7 airlines above will be combined into one master seniority list. I do not know about the FAs.

Combining pilots from mainline and commuter? WOW!

xflygurl in Reno, Nevada

48 months ago

They use the STAR Method. Google it to see, but they are situational questions like "Tell me about a time when you.........
You are expected to State the problem or situation, Task, tell about the task, Actions taken, Results. They'll ask you to read some part of the announcement for taxi, asks you directly about prior convictions, driving violations, tatoos. Be honest. They'll find out anyway and you'll be disqualified. Dress for success, suit and tie for man, suit for women, all groomed etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

atpcliff

48 months ago

If u can get hired at Delta/United/American it is better than the regional airlines. If you really want overseas travel, apply to Emirates, based in Dubai, or Qatar, based in Doha.
PS-I live very close to UWGB.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

atpcliff

48 months ago

If u can get hired at Delta/United/American it is better than the regional airlines. If you really want overseas travel, apply to Emirates, based in Dubai, or Qatar, based in Doha.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

atpcliff

48 months ago

If u can get hired at Delta/United/American it is
better than the regional airlines. If you really
want overseas travel, apply to Emirates, based in
Dubai, or Qatar, based in Doha.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bdachelet in Green Bay, Wisconsin

48 months ago

atpcliff said: If u can get hired at Delta/United/American it is
better than the regional airlines. If you really
want overseas travel, apply to Emirates, based in
Dubai, or Qatar, based in Doha.

They are currently not hiring. And I am not very interested in overseas travel at this time because I have a young child. Do you fly out of Green Bay?

Soon to be FA in Stone Mountain, Georgia

48 months ago

Do you have to attend an information session to be considered our even hired?

48 months ago

Do you have to attend an information session to be considered our even hired?

48 months ago

Soon to be FA in Stone Mountain, Georgia said: Do you have to attend an information session to be considered our even hired?

Generally yes, you apply or request an invitation to an open house from an airline you want to work for. Each airline has it own procedures. You then will be contacted about the next step in the hiring process.

Usually a large group interview or open house is part of the procedure. You can generally expect it to take several months to get hired. Persistence often pays off in the airline industry. If you don't get hired the first time, try again! Apply to several airlines. Good Luck to you! :D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brian in Richmond, Kentucky

48 months ago

Is anyone going to the open session in indianapolis on the 10th of January?

48 months ago

flygirl in Kenosha, Wisconsin said: Generally yes, you apply or request an invitation to an open house from an airline you want to work for. Each airline has it own procedures. You then will be contacted about the next step in the hiring process.

Usually a large group interview or open house is part of the procedure. You can generally expect it to take several months to get hired. Persistence often pays off in the airline industry. If you don't get hired the first time, try again! Apply to several airlines. Good Luck to you! :D

Thank you =)

48 months ago

Brian in Richmond, Kentucky said: Is anyone going to the open session in indianapolis on the 10th of January?

I was born in richmond lol....I won't be at that session, but good luck...I'm trying to make the jan 5 CLT one!

48 months ago

I was born in louisville, but I received my degree at EKU. Now I'm trying to get some kind of aviation experience under my belt. I hope this open session isn't too bad. When they say all day how long do they actually mean?

WestportKC in Olathe, Kansas

48 months ago

Did anyone attend an open house last year? and how soon afterward did you get a response about the position? Also, is anyone going to the Jan 19th openhouse in Kansas City?

48 months ago

Brian in Richmond, Kentucky said: I was born in louisville, but I received my degree at EKU. Now I'm trying to get some kind of aviation experience under my belt. I hope this open session isn't too bad. When they say all day how long do they actually mean?

I have heard that you will be there most of the day. Although they do try to get the people from out of town interviewed first.
:D
Good Luck!

Lizzy Martinez in Parker, Colorado

48 months ago

WestportKC in Olathe, Kansas said: Did anyone attend an open house last year? and how soon afterward did you get a response about the position? Also, is anyone going to the Jan 19th openhouse in Kansas City?

Hi; Im planning to attend the open house in KC. im coming from denver since i missed the one here

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Brian in Richmond, Kentucky said: I was born in louisville, but I received my degree at EKU. Now I'm trying to get some kind of aviation experience under my belt. I hope this open session isn't too bad. When they say all day how long do they actually mean?

I'm not sure but I'm thinking a work day which consists of 8 hours...idk for sure so thats what I'm preparing for *shrugs*

Skysthelimit in Washington, Pennsylvania

48 months ago

Hello all. anyone attending the OP in Pit on the 26th?

48 months ago

Hello all!!! Anyone attending the OP in PIT on the 26th?

Blue Eyes in Mountain View, California

48 months ago

WestportKC in Olathe, Kansas said: Did anyone attend an open house last year? and how soon afterward did you get a response about the position? Also, is anyone going to the Jan 19th openhouse in Kansas City?

Hi! I am attending the KC open house on the 19th. I am super excited and I really hope all my preparation will pay off! I am an engineering major in my second year of college but felt like this is the right time in my life to go for my dream and have more of an opportunity to work with people in a customer service role.

Good luck to you! I know you'll do good, and look forward to meeting you. =)

Laken

48 months ago

Skysthelimit in Washington, Pennsylvania said: Hello all. anyone attending the OP in Pit on the 26th?

Hi Sky -- Yes, I'm planning on it. I see you're from WashPA, I'm an hour north of Pittsburgh. :)

That is, I'm planning on it, if I can get the "official" invitation. I applied online like it says to do, then I emailed the address and Corina mailed me back saying I need to apply online (...??...)

But yes if I can get that, then I'm going. ;) Let me know if you'd like to exchange email addresses or something.

Laken

48 months ago

Skysthelimit in Washington, Pennsylvania said: Hello all!!! Anyone attending the OP in PIT on the 26th?

Just got the email I needed so I'll definitely be there Jan. 26!

bdachelet in Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin

48 months ago

Hey Brian, A friend and I are both attending the one in Indy on the 10th!

48 months ago

Hey, nice to meet you Ill be leaving richmond that morning, would you like to exchange e-mails?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bdachelet in Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin

48 months ago

Brian in Richmond, Kentucky said: Hey, nice to meet you Ill be leaving richmond that morning, would you like to exchange e-mails?

Absolutely! You can reach me at bdachelet@hotmail.com. We are leaving WI on Sunday; so we will be there the day before!

48 months ago

Laken said: Hi Sky -- Yes, I'm planning on it. I see you're from WashPA, I'm an hour north of Pittsburgh. :)

That is, I'm planning on it, if I can get the "official" invitation. I applied online like it says to do, then I emailed the address and Corina mailed me back saying I need to apply online (...??...)

But yes if I can get that, then I'm going. ;) Let me know if you'd like to exchange email addresses or something.

Hi Laken, yes i would like to exchange emails. What is yours? Its always nice to have someone who is on the same page. LOL Glad you got your invite.!!!!

48 months ago

HI Laken! Glad to hear that you got the email invite. Yes i would like to exchange emails and i know that everyone will do extremely well.!!! What is your email?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jeannette Kizzee in Harvey, Illinois

48 months ago

Soon to be FA in Stone Mountain, Georgia said: Thank you =)

I am

Jeannette Kizzee in Harvey, Illinois

48 months ago

I am going to the informational seminar on jan 10 and wondering exactly how long it is.

wwilliams0924 in philadelphia, Pennsylvania

48 months ago

Will anyone be attending the march 9th open house? and also how long does it take them to send you the invite? I RSVP two days ago...I'm nervous SOS

Tamika in Grand Rapids, Michigan

48 months ago

wwilliams0924 in philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Will anyone be attending the march 9th open house? and also how long does it take them to send you the invite? I RSVP two days ago...I'm nervous SOS

It usually takes 6 days for them to send you an invite

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

wwilliams0924 in philadelphia, Pennsylvania

48 months ago

Tamika in Grand Rapids, Michigan said: It usually takes 6 days for them to send you an invite

oh ok thanks.....I guess I can stop worrying myself to death

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.