Skywest versus United/Continenetal : which is better & why?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

ExcitedToFly in New York, New York

45 months ago

Hi all, I've been invited to training for both airlines and I am torn between the two. Pros & cons for me are: Skywest has a MUCH SHORTER reserve time which will allow me to manipulate my schedule & allow me to spend more time with my 8yr old son. I live in southern California and Skywest has many bases near me. But the pay is significantly less for Skywest. As for United I will be based in Newark, NJ which mean more time away from my son but much better pay but longer reserve times. Anyone that works for either airline, please give advice and why you would choose one over the other. Thanks so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SWA FA in Dallas, Texas

45 months ago

CONGRATS on both Offers
Depends on what your looking for?? At SKYWEST, you will more than likely ALWAYS have a job.
UNITED, there is ALWAYS a chance of being furloughed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ualsw-lax in Los Angeles, California

45 months ago

ExcitedToFly in New York, New York said: Hi all, I've been invited to training for both airlines and I am torn between the two. Pros & cons for me are: Skywest has a MUCH SHORTER reserve time which will allow me to manipulate my schedule & allow me to spend more time with my 8yr old son. I live in southern California and Skywest has many bases near me. But the pay is significantly less for Skywest. As for United I will be based in Newark, NJ which mean more time away from my son but much better pay but longer reserve times. Anyone that works for either airline, please give advice and why you would choose one over the other. Thanks so much!

Hi. I would choose United. I've been a Flight Attendant for 26 years. Chances are you won't get furloughed because what UA does is offer flight attendants voluntary furlough. Since I've been there, there is always more people that volunteer time off, so the new hires or junior people never risk being without a job. Seniority is everything in the airlines. If you have the opportunity to go with a major airline, do that now. You might not get the opportunity later. Good luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lizbee in New York, New York

41 months ago

ExcitedToFly in New York, New York said: Hi all, I've been invited to training for both airlines and I am torn between the two. Pros & cons for me are: Skywest has a MUCH SHORTER reserve time which will allow me to manipulate my schedule & allow me to spend more time with my 8yr old son. I live in southern California and Skywest has many bases near me. But the pay is significantly less for Skywest. As for United I will be based in Newark, NJ which mean more time away from my son but much better pay but longer reserve times. Anyone that works for either airline , please give advice and why you would choose one over the other. Thanks so much!

Hi! Im soooo very curious as to who you decided to go for?

bouzy in Orlando, Florida

39 months ago

Let's revive this string.. What are the current thoughts on this out there?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.