Jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (25)

Kiesha in Saint Louis, Missouri

83 months ago

Why is every time i get ready to look for a job don't no body hire me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Mar in Wyandotte, Michigan

82 months ago

Because the job market is horrendous and it is happening to all of us

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

pc in Commerce Township, Michigan

81 months ago

Kiesha in Saint Louis, Missouri said: Why is every time i get ready to look for a job don't no body hire me

Kiesha sweety you may want to consider your grammar as being a problem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

shay318 in Dayton, Ohio

81 months ago

pc in Commerce Township, Michigan said: Kiesha sweety you may want to consider your grammar as being a problem.

So true. Maybe if you learned to spell properly they would hire you! Just a thought though!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Cyndi in Cleveland, Ohio

81 months ago

Even those who can spell properly are not being offered employment.
It's just a tough time to be looking for a job right now, pure and simple.
Perhaps those of you who are so quick to jump on people for spelling mistakes aren't being hired because you appear too critical to potential employers? Nobody likes an insufferable know-it-all.
Just a thought though!!!
It amazes me how often this happens on these forums. Does doing this make you feel superior to others? It just confuses me. We are all here because we are ALL in the same situation. Expert speller or not, for whatever reason. It sure would be nice if we could offer each other support instead of being made to feel bad for spelling something wrong, wouldn't it? Listen, maybe you should find a hobby or something???

To Kiesha,
Try not to let this get you down. We are all here for the same reason. Finding a job is tough right now.
Perhaps training for a new career is in order?
Employers do look for education and/or experience. Even then, it can be difficult in the best of times. Being out of work does work on one's self esteem.
I myself, am in a similar situation. Unable to find employment in my chosen occupation, I find at 47, I need to retrain for something entirely new! This, in itself has proven very difficult and beyond stressful.
Don't give up, don't let other people here get you down. Maybe you need to rethink your chosen path as I have?
Good luck Kiesha!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Josh in Huntsville, Alabama

80 months ago

Cyndi, anyone who can't spell/doesn't know grammar doesn't deserve a job plain and simple, maybe you would understand it if you weren't such a bleeding heart ignorant fool

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Latachia in Yakima, Washington

78 months ago

Josh,you are just plain rude!!!! Everyone deserves a job.What makes you think, that you are so much better than everyone else?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Cori in Placentia, California

77 months ago

If you want to work at Denny's I'm sure it doesn't matter how you spell or talk. However, if you want to work in fine dining it would help to present yourself as educated and eloquent.

Nobody deserves a job. You have to earn it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

janna57 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

77 months ago

How cruel to say that anyone does not deserve a job. There is a job for everyone in this world. Not all jobs require correct spelling and grammar. Granted a high school diploma, or GED, at least will get you a job.
Keisha, look into your state's employment agency.(fee to public) I would attend one for some vocational counseling, or apply for some classes, if possible, for the field that you are interested in. I have found jobs in my lifetime through the help with the local employment office. In PA, it is called PA CareerLink. They have a local office where they offer many opportunities to help with resume, interviews, and training. Check out your local office.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Judy Young in Yakima, Washington

77 months ago

I totally agree with you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Judy Young in Yakima, Washington

77 months ago

Josh in Huntsville, Alabama said: Cyndi, anyone who can't spell/doesn't know grammar doesn't deserve a job plain and simple, maybe you would understand it if you weren't such a bleeding heart ignorant fool

You just wait and see.....Your time will come. You do not have to be so RUDE!!!! Just remember,what goes around comes around.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

little nicky in Cleveland, Ohio

76 months ago

Josh in Huntsville, Alabama said: Cyndi, anyone who can't spell/doesn't know grammar doesn't deserve a job plain and simple, maybe you would understand it if you weren't such a bleeding heart ignorant fool

Aren't you a lovely person! Let me guess, I'll bet you are a Customer Service Rep huh? Yes, everyone does deserve to be able to work and support themselves. Although you would be an exception, I would never hire someone who is as nasty as you are. Nothing better to do than haunt the forums and insult people you do not know? How about a hobby Josh? One befitting your mental range and temperments? Hopefully one that can keep you attention fpr more than a minute and to keep your mouth shut for longer still. Well, the world needs ditch diggers and garbage men too I guess. Perhaps you should start your job search there, with the trash where you seem to belong honey.
Easy to see why you are out of work. Bet that stunning personality comes out in interviews?
The only ignorant fool here is you buddy. The worst of luck to you, always, jerk.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

leonie.hodge@xtra.co.nz in Auckland, New Zealand

75 months ago

Jay Briston is a thief I was employed by him to transfer money. His deal is to transfer monies into your account, you are to transfer the same day, and the day after his tranfer is dishonoured leaving you with the debt He swindled $3200-00 NZ from me.The NZ Police have been notified but lets face it the chances of tracking him down are nil so take note THIS MAN IS THIEF1

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

zipp

74 months ago

Anyone like Josh who knows it all and can judge a person without knowing them is better than i, or is it me? Anyway i'm glad that their are leaders like Josh in the world to put second class people in thier place. You forgot to mention that different races other than yours don't deserve a job, in fact i'm sure you believe that anyone that doesn't think and look like you does not deserve a job either. Josh you and your judment of people are of true value to this country. Keep up the good work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

unknown in Anderson, South Carolina

73 months ago

your all ignorant

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tom in Jacksonville, Florida

72 months ago

unknown in Anderson, South Carolina said: your all ignorant

Such Hate !!!

God be with you All

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ceciliasolario@gmail.com in Comfort, Texas

69 months ago

Josh in Huntsville, Alabama said: Cyndi, anyone who can't spell/doesn't know grammar doesn't deserve a job plain and simple, maybe you would understand it if you weren't such a bleeding heart ignorant fool

Why don't we all try to be kind to one another and help each other, it would certainly change the world one step at atime.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gary in Jacksonville, Florida

68 months ago

shay318 in Dayton, Ohio said: So true. Maybe if you learned to spell properly they would hire you! Just a thought though!!

You must not tallk to people that way. hope you stay out of work for a long time I shure would not have you on my staff..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gary in Jacksonville, Florida

68 months ago

Josh in Huntsville, Alabama said: Cyndi, anyone who can't spell/doesn't know grammar doesn't deserve a job plain and simple, maybe you would understand it if you weren't such a bleeding heart ignorant fool

Thats not true.... people like you should be without work........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Gary in Jacksonville, Florida

68 months ago

leonie.hodge@xtra.co.nz in Auckland, New Zealand said: Jay Briston is a thief I was employed by him to transfer money. His deal is to transfer monies into your account, you are to transfer the same day, and the day after his tranfer is dishonoured leaving you with the debt He swindled $3200-00 NZ from me.The NZ Police have been notified but lets face it the chances of tracking him down are nil so take note THIS MAN IS THIEF1

So what are you talking about!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

michelleinwa in Marysville, Washington

68 months ago

Just wanted to say, Earl, that I am so sorry that happened to you. I hope that you find another job very soon, as i'm sure you are more than qualified, and a great employee.
I had a similar experience, but had worked at a casino restaurant 5+years, when a new manager brought me into the office and fired me. I know how it turns your life upside-down, and challenges your self esteem.

Keisha (and everyone else)there is a job out there for you! I know you will work hard and be a great employee. Let's hang in there together 'til that happens! =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle Di Marco in Los Angeles, California

64 months ago

I am a 41 year old stay-at-home mom who decided it was time to get a life. My sons are 15 and 19 years old, so I thought it was time for me to go out in the world. My husband is an airline employee, so he has supported us for years. I got a job at a casino because they loved my personality. My job experience wasn't great so I got hired because of my cheerful attitude. Well, I spent 7 weeks learning and working hard, only to get fired. It knocked my confidence down and I need to find more work. I am hard working and a very fast learner. I got fired for filing a complaint, no because of job performance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

michelleinwa in Lynnwood, Washington

64 months ago

Hi Michelle,

I'm "Michelle" too! Welcome to the world of casinos (was yours "Indian?")

I worked a little more than 5 years, and was fired, (no definite reason) when a new F & B manager came in and fired me after 1 1/2 weeks. I had employee awards, only 2 days missed in 5 yrs., a customer following in our restaurant, was well liked by customers, employees, and other managers.

I understand how it knocked your confidence down! Although i have more than 20 years exp. in food serving, i was fired at "50" and talk about a "shock to the system," and turning our world upside down!!!

Michelle you sound like you have a nice personality, and are perfect in customer service. You are SURE to find a job much better than what you had! The firing reflects on THEM, NOT YOU!

Email me anytime at: mt1214@msn.com
Take good care of yourself!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Brett in Santa Cruz, California

10 months ago

Cyndi in Cleveland, Ohio said: Even those who can spell properly are not being offered employment.
It's just a tough time to be looking for a job right now, pure and simple.
Perhaps those of you who are so quick to jump on people for spelling mistakes aren't being hired because you appear too critical to potential employers? Nobody likes an insufferable know-it-all.
Just a thought though!!!
It amazes me how often this happens on these forums. Does doing this make you feel superior to others? It just confuses me. We are all here because we are ALL in the same situation. Expert speller or not, for whatever reason. It sure would be nice if we could offer each other support instead of being made to feel bad for spelling something wrong, wouldn't it? Listen, maybe you should find a hobby or something???

To Kiesha,
Try not to let this get you down. We are all here for the same reason. Finding a job is tough right now.
Perhaps training for a new career is in order?
Employers do look for education and/or experience. Even then, it can be difficult in the best of times. Being out of work does work on one's self esteem.
I myself, am in a similar situation. Unable to find employment in my chosen occupation, I find at 47, I need to retrain for something entirely new! This, in itself has proven very difficult and beyond stressful.
Don't give up, don't let other people here get you down. Maybe you need to rethink your chosen path as I have?
Good luck Kiesha!


I myself, Brett am looking for a better opportunity to view my horizons in the job market. It is tough out their, but you are not alone. Hang in their everybody.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle Toste in Aurora, Colorado

10 months ago

Brett in Santa Cruz, California said: I myself, Brett am looking for a better opportunity to view my horizons in the job market. It is tough out their, but you are not alone. Hang in their everybody.

Hi Brett, Well...maybe between the (2) of us, we can get this board up and running again! =)

I enjoyed reading your post, but have to admit, seeing you are from Santa Cruz...I was like, "How I would love to live in THAT awesome place again!" ..I went to college in Scott's Valley, and worked at the boardwalk while in college. I worked at a coffee house on Friday nights down on the mall... what fun that was!

Anyway...I am "michelleinwa" in the above posts, who got fired from a casino after 5+ years. I remember they escorted all of their "firees" out by security (in front of everyone) and I just went to my car, and cried... In reality..they were downsizing, in a BIG way..their managers and hourly employees who had the most time there.

So, here I am in the Denver, area...working for Hilton for about 4 years. I love my job, and just got " Employee of the month." I feel appreciated, and love my manager, and co-workers.

As hard as it is, out there.. (and it IS!) I do believe that things happen for a reason, and I can see how things have fallen into place in my life, in many ways.

Anyway, Brett..all the BEST to you!! Please keep us updated on your situation! (Hey..and take a few minutes for me...and go sit out on the beach, and watch the waves!) =)

Michelle
mt1214@msn.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.