What do you enjoy most about your Food Service Worker career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being a Food Service Worker? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

howard collins in Albany, New York

67 months ago

Host said: What do you enjoy most about being a Food Service Worker? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

i like working in group size settings i can make a good team player i can work by myself or with others.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dayliah in Belmar, New Jersey

62 months ago

FREEDOM!you get to work in an envioment where people are going to relax.not the DR.s office the lawer ,work ect. people go to relax and have a good time. tou get make that experiece better for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dfields61976 in Dayton, Ohio

51 months ago

I'll start with the dislike because that is easy. I have never been able to find a good pair of shoes, insoles, what have you for being on my feet for 10-12 hours a day.

What I like, there are all kinds of things, but I guess one of the bes parts of the job is the satisfaction of having the wait staff come back and pass along a compliment from one of our patrons on a dish. Working for a Chain you don't get a lot of leeway in the way things are prepared, but when you throw a little something extra into a dish and it pays off, there's nothing better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ramona VanNess in Kokomo, Indiana

49 months ago

Host said: What do you enjoy most about being a Food Service Worker? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

Love to cook, apperance of the outcom, and the patients enjoying their food. The feed back from former patients letting us know we were outstanding.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

26 years of Head Cook, enjoying my job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

A clean atmosdphere to work in and be a team player.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

blooboy in Indianapolis, Indiana

46 months ago

blooboy in Indianapolis, Indiana

46 months ago

tommy in Windhoek, Namibia

39 months ago

what keeps me at my job is the remarkable small of the food and the outstanding creativity done to it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TinaLea in Nashville, Tennessee

8 months ago

to cook Some people love to eat, I Sarting working at Krystal, MacDonal,Burger King, Shoney, Baptist Hsp.Centennial, I WORK for the Metro Davidson School in Nashville TN AS an Assitant in Kitchen,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.