Tips for fraud investigator interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming fraud investigator interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

Susie Palmer in Melbourne, Australia

85 months ago

I have a job interview coming up as a fraud investigator and this is the Question 1: You are an Investigator working in Prosecutions in the Fraud Investigation Team. Your job is to investigate and compile a Brief of Evidence in relation to a customer who has been in receipt of welfare payments for a long period. For the last 4 years this customer has been employed on a full time basis and failed to declare this income. The result of this is that they have incurred a debt of $40 000. 1. What type of enquiries would you need to conduct?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sam

76 months ago

First I would have the employer complete a employer verification form with the date of hire, YTD wages, etc. Then I would pull the clients file and retrive every Quarterly Report, every Stament Of Fact, every Rights and Responsibilities the client ever signed which clearly stated he was aware of his reporting responsibilities. I would check clients time on aid using MEDS and check IEVS for EDD work history. I would then complie all the information into a nice and organized file and pass to my supervisor for final review before court.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

PG in Kingston Upon Thames, United Kingdom

58 months ago

What about interviewing the claimant prior to passing the file to the superior as there is knowlege and intent.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Monroe Township, New Jersey

45 months ago

I was asked this question by a former supervisor of mine during a disscusion at work,please advise if possible. You are an investigaor for the labor deptartment and have to develop a investigative strategy that will determine the employers validity in the several insurance claims that have been placed to the department of labor and workforce. Your investigative plan please??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Monroe Township, New Jersey

45 months ago

I was asked this question by a former supervisor of mine during a disscusion at work,please advise if possible. You are an investigaor for the labor deptartment and have to develop a investigative strategy that will determine the employers validity in the several insurance claims that have been placed to the department of labor and workforce. Your investigative plan please??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.