fraud investigator

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

dddd in Little Neck, New York

91 months ago

what kind of shield does s nyc fraud investigator carries, and is it legal for them to carry such shields?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jackson99 in Brooklyn, New York

90 months ago

Dddd--
It depends on what agency the investigator works for. I assume that you are asking about executing search warrants and arrests; again it depends if the investigator is a police officer or a peace officer; some investigators are civillians, and as such are there to work for a corporaton and not the public at large. This may mean better pay, benefits and working conditions, but a less attractive pension offering.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

John in Brooklyn, New York

64 months ago

dddd in Little Neck, New York said: what kind of shield does s nyc fraud investigator carries, and is it legal for them to carry such shields?

I work for the Dept of Homeless Services as a Fraud Investigator. My shield is a cross with an eagle perched on top. Some FI's that have been around longer have shields w/ serial numbers, although I happen to know there is no record of what ivestigator carries what badge#.

In our dept, fraid investigators are not peace officers, but in some, like the Dept. of Finance, they are. Badges carried by city investigators or fraud investigators are issued by the dept. they represent.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

NYCICon in Brooklyn, New York

62 months ago

John in Brooklyn, New York said: I work for the Dept of Homeless Services as a Fraud Investigator. My shield is a cross with an eagle perched on top. Some FI's that have been around longer have shields w/ serial numbers, although I happen to know there is no record of what ivestigator carries what badge#.

In our dept, fraid investigators are not peace officers, but in some, like the Dept. of Finance, they are. Badges carried by city investigators or fraud investigators are issued by the dept. they represent.

Your wrong about that. I work for DHS as well. The Dept does have some of the shield numbers on file but not all of them. As far as the peace officer status is concerned - did you know that an FI makes about 10G more a year than a DHS peace Officer? AFI 1 is the job you want. You'll make close to and possibly more than 100G if you want it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

phil in Albany, New York

53 months ago

John in Brooklyn, New York said: I work for the Dept of Homeless Services as a Fraud Investigator. My shield is a cross with an eagle perched on top. Some FI's that have been around longer have shields w/ serial numbers, although I happen to know there is no record of what ivestigator carries what badge#.

hey, I just saw your post and since I have an interview the very same job, I was just wondering what a typical day of work is like.

I appreciate any insight you might provide. Thanks !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie

53 months ago

How do you get qulified education wise to be a fraud investigator? This career sounds extremely interesting to me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.