Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What are typical front desk clerk salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Patrice Smith in Augusta, Georgia

88 months ago

Host said: What are typical front desk clerk salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Salary

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

B.B. in Santa Fe, New Mexico

76 months ago

Front Desk in hotels is Hourly pay. Usually a bit more than min wage. Where I am it's 8.55 an hour. Thing is, with hourly workers, the employer can send you home when it's slow so you can't count on a 40 hour week. The job can be fun if you have someone else paying the bills. If your co-workers don't like you or if your management is bad, it's a living hell. If you plan a career and start out with a chain planning to move up and your good manager gets replaced with an a-hole. They can lie and kill your career. (Document everything) Managers in hotels make better money and they (most of them) work their tails off. I love the guests. That's the good part. But you have to be a saint. Some people are just mean. It's a fascinating business and great if you really like it. I'd try it out first before investing money in any type of degree. Just my opinion

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

gloria in Atlanta, Georgia

73 months ago

okay if you work as front desk what is your job to do? they make me do alot at my job!! My manager says i have to do laundry and clean up the breakfast area ! If a room leaves early I have to clean it! i have to do maintenance things! unplug toilet and things that i believe are not my job as front desk clerk to do!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

DG in Atlanta, Georgia

41 months ago

Okay, not all front desk jobs are bad. I was working front desk for 1year now. They started me off @ 8.50 hr. After 90 days u may receive a pay increase or promotion! U get paid for EVERY holiday!! IF U WORK OR NOT! after 10 good front desk comments you receive a free PAYDAY OFF. It depends on the company u work for! Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.