Top front desk clerk skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every front desk clerk must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your front desk clerk expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

Melanie in Washington, District of Columbia

79 months ago

1. You have to be able to provide exceptional customer service to the guests

2. Always provide a solution to their issues; never say that you cannot do something. If
you cannot do anything for them, get your supervisor

3. Never take things personally; guests are usually tired, irritated, and annoyed at
something that went wrong in their travels so, if they are rude, treat them with care.
They'll remember in the morning how nice you were and bring their business back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (71) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

joanerome58@yahoo.com in Pine Bush, New York

58 months ago

Be friendly, helpful and make a good appearance, and mostly make them feel special!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

joanerome58@yahoo.com in Pine Bush, New York

58 months ago

Always make the guests feel like they are your only priority. Which of course they are. Never get frustrated and always have a smile on your face, no matter how rude they can be!Go out of your way, and they will realize it and will always come bsck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

aguakar@hotmail.com in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

58 months ago

ESTOY DISPUESTA A AYUDAR A LAS PERSONAS Y LO QUE NO SE APRENDERLO CON DEDICACION Y CONSTACIA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

greg in Euless, Texas

53 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every front desk clerk must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your front desk clerk expertise?

Be able to lie and lie well.
be able to multi task .
be able to friendly and helpful to even the stupid people even time when you just want to smach the %^&* out of them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

greg in Euless, Texas

53 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every front desk clerk must have to excel?

1 Be able to lie and lie well. You need to be able to lie and make it sound like it is the truth.
2 be able to multi task and think on your feet quickly.
3 be able to friendly and helpful to even to the most stupid people. yes they are time when you just want to smach the %^&* out of them. just breath and smile.
Yes i have had times when i think about quitting this industry but then i think about some of the guest I have had over the years and it does make it worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

ysteb720@aol.com

52 months ago

These questions were helpful and pretty much common sense. During my experience as a Restaurant Manager (15yrs) and extensive training in the Hotel business in all areas (Sheridan at Bradley International Airport one yr 6 mos as Asst. Manager of restaurants and lounge) I was able to utilize my exceptional people skills, organization skills and always keep a calm and diplomatic attitude approaching any given situation. I have always been a people person and loved working in the hotel/hospitality business. I am extremly excited to return to this area which I have always considered as some of the happiest of my careers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Crickettjones in Dallas, Texas

10 months ago

I started in the customer service industry 35 yrs ago. I loved most of it.But,I don't like to lie to customers. Most jobs I've held over the yrs,food server/bartender/hotel associate/mail clerk/retail/receptionist,etc. Most of my bosses have told me to lie. My last boss said "you have to be real smart but,act dumb". Lol....yep. I'm a very loyal & moral person regarding life and that includes any job I work.I have been pulled aside a few times for doing what's right. "You're making the rest of us look bad".I like office work best. I'm not required to give customer service face to face 100% of the time :} I'm happier for it .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mary Compton in Metairie, Louisiana

14 hours ago

I have excellent phone skills, I absolutely love helping people, as well as meeting new people on a daily basis. I am not scared to learn new things, and work hard. I take my job, no matter what it is, very serious, because it always involves other people.

I have a bubbly personality and I can achieve anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.